20

Drop Dead Goddess

The expensive menu laid on the long grand table didn’t taste any better whenever Jiyong was dining together with the two Choi. The food seemed bitter as the old man in thick glasses grabbed the attention of Seunghyun. "What is it that I'm hearing? You bought an almost billion dollars diamond necklace and you're seeing someone at the hospital every day. Then the worst? The partnership was terminated because of that. What's gotten into you, Seunghyun? Do you know how much of our liability is at stake?"

 

 

Jiyong smirked as he tried to control himself for laughing off his or either rolling on the floor. How come Seunghyun preached him the other day about the word LOVE when he's also a sinner of it?

 

 

"She saved my life from the shooting at the auction father. At least the reactor's still in my possession. We can still continue the partnership and create a better proposal." Seunghyun reasoned out while he continued to eat his meal. "You think that’s easy? Leave her. Just pay her the amount she wants then abandon her."

 

 

With that, he lost his appetite and put his spoon and fork back to the plate with his face looking down. "I can't."

 

 

"What? You're hard headed now?" His father massaged his own temples as he felt his blood was now boiling and he was trying his best to calm himself down. However, he wasn't good at anger management just like his son. "You'll be the heir of my empire. And stop seeing her. It is enough that I have only one troublesome son."

 

 

Jiyong's jaw clenched upon hearing the snide comment that was obviously enough for him to get pissed. "Why am I always included during this kind of situation?"

 

 

Mr. Choi didn't mind his bastard son due to his cough. His was severely having a hard time coughing as he almost had his tears escape from his eyes and removed his glasses because it was starting to fog up. "Give me my medicine, Lydia." He ordered to his secretary slash personal nurse who was standing at the corner while his two sons just watched the old man suffer without any idea how can they help their father. "I'll be resting and bring the documents I left in my office to my bedroom," he commanded her as she helped him stand from his chair.

 

 

"Seunghyun, keep your head straight." His father had hid last words before leaving the grand table that left Seunghyun frustrated and pressured while Jiyong was obviously entertained though he was still pissed with the snide comment he heard earlier.

 

 

"So, you're dating someone who is about to die?" Jiyong uttered with his voice perceptibly mocking Seunghyun. "Oh, I get it. She saved you. Don't you think? Maybe she planned everything so she could get enough money from you just like your past girlfriends. I just realized you’re a sugar daddy."

 

 

On the other hand, Seunghyun lost his temper as he stood up while tapping the table with his both palms. "You don't know her! You don't have the right to judge her!" His voice almost echoed within the largeness of the room and even the servants from afar shivered in fear.

 

 

Jiyong just grinned arrogantly as he lifted his face to see Seunghyun's deadly glare at him. "But you did the same with Dara, you keep saying bad things about her even if you haven't meet her."

 

 

Sarcastically, Seunghyun made a fake smile and felt a little triumph because he was definitely sure that his Sandy was way better than Dara without him knowing that the two ladies they're arguing about were the same person after all. "She's a killer. That's different."

 

 

"It was an accident. Okay?" A long sigh was heaved by Jiyong as he shook his head in dismay. Seunghyun loudly chuckled to for being too in love with a girl that he almost got his ticket to jail just to owe her mistakes. "Really?"

 

 

*

 

 

"Hi," Dara shyly engaged on their gaze as soon as Seunghyun entered that door. He brought bouquet of red roses that was apparently hated by Dara. Nevertheless, she just shrugged it off and gave him her delicate smile. "How are you? Getting better?" He intertwined his fingers with her and time flew that fast because it was almost a week Seunghyun had been seeing her since the accident happened. "The doctor said I can go home next week if the healing will be fast."

 

 

"Really? So, can we still meet after you're released from here?" He asked without any break in the middle. Seunghyun was someone who says things without him thinking about it first as Dara pursed her lips before hiding with the tips of her hand. "Are you asking me for a date?" She giggled afterwards as Seunghyun simply smiled. "Sort of."

 

 

"I'll bring you home some other time so you can meet my dad and my brother. I just don't like it when they are judging you even if they don't know you at all. It to hear their unreasonable criticisms." He explained while running his fingers through her milky arm while squeezing it light once in a while. Such a ert. She thought. "Okay. Hmmm, you have a brother? That's wonderful. I always dream of having a sibling."

 

 

"Half brother actually." He stopped caressing her as his mood shifted towards to something cold, something not good. "Ahh... What's his name?" Her curiosity cannot be broken nor stopped and she had no idea that Seunghyun’s humor was already gone. It wasn't her fault, but she felt like she needed to ask that question, his name.

 

 

"Jiyong," Seunghyun minimally mumbled the name but Dara heard it so clear yet so slow as if the hands of the clock suddenly forgot how time really works. That name was rather weird and strange. She closed her eyes with the hope of getting a grip on herself for feeling that way with just hearing that name.

 

 

Jiyong...

 

 

Jiyong...

 

 

Jiyong...

 

 

Again and again, she chanted his name inside her head. She felt her heart suddenly rushed to crazily pump blood as she felt an indescribable feeling of abstract idea of longing with someone she doesn't even know. Dizziness soon crawled upon her as her head tried to restore the memory that was deleted but it was so impossible to retrieve those. She didn't understand why she felt her heart being squeezed with just hearing that name to the point that she couldn't breathe as she rested the back of her hand to her forehead with her other hand gripped tight against the sheet.

 

 

"Why? What's wrong?" He sat beside her and checked her temperature then he caressed her overly pale cheeks. "Nothing," she mumbled while Seunghyun suddenly panicked and stood up. "I'll call a nurse."

 

 

She stopped him by grasping his sleeve with her head still aching as she panted. "His name is just familiar. Too familiar actually." Her brows furrowed in great anger for herself why she was acting that way just by hearing the name. It ignited something she couldn't comprehend as Seunghyun just ran his fingers through her short exquisite hair. "Maybe you heard his name on the news when my dad introduced him as his son and the whole South seemed to have their opinions with that."

 

 

"Maybe..." She just wavered the weird feeling and tried to calm her heart. After drinking a glass of water, she was relieved and convinced that maybe she just met him with one of her past missions. Of course, she was aware that erasing memories when a mission completed is a must because there are tendencies that their intelligence will be used in a worst way.

 

 

She shook her head and put back the smile on her face that almost brightened the room that also made Seunghyun smile in return. "How about your mom?" She curiously asked while his happiness soon vanished again and wore a straight face. It seemed like their playing who-can change-mood-faster because they seemed to be both bipolar. "She's dead and so my dad's mistress."

 

 

It was a foul inquiry indeed. "Sorry for my questions." She grabbed his enormous hand with the both of hers, not minding if her other hand was pierced with dextrose and all the tubes connected on it. "I don't mind," Seunghyun coldly smirked and sat back at the edge of the bed.

 

 

Dara removed her hands and tucked some tendrils of her hair, stuck her tongue out then soon her y lips slowly as Seunghyun was dying deep inside just by watching her. He will surely drool if he wasn't that fast enough to swallow all his saliva pooling inside his mouth. "Stop that."

 

 

"Stop what?" Dara was so clues as she pouted her soft pink lips and unconsciously blinked several times with her long lashes that made her look so cute as Seunghyun tried to suppress a grin. "You're teasing me," he lowly mumbled as he made a half smile while biting his lower lip.

 

 

Dara raised a brow and cocked her head, she had no idea how Seunghyun was so with her cuteness as he ruffled her hair. "You really are pretty, do you know that?" He had never attempted to blink and just coddled his sight with the beauty of the view. She was so gorgeous even though no makeup was painted on her face at that time.

 

 

"Tss..." Dara dodged his hand and simply smirked with the compliment. One way or another, she felt that blood slowly filled her face as she had no choice but to blush for hearing that. Seunghyun lowered his head as his breathe brushed her lips while he ily whispered. "Can I kiss you?" It was damn y and scorching hot with just that low voice of him and her lips was just too irresistible that’s why he was so eager to know how she tastes.

 

 

"You are too straight forward but… I think like that." She bit her lower lip before tilting her head to accommodate the kiss they both passionately shared. It was too much to say, but she didn’t feel anything towards him even though he tasted sweet and surreal. She has always been that cold towards guys with her heart still as hard as stone. She swore that falling in love wasn’t included in her vocabulary but she had no idea that she had felt to that love thing already.

 

 

It was mind blowing kiss for Seunghyun, a kiss he never thought that will be more than just making out with his heart burning in the middle of the divine field of love but it was the opposite for Dara. For her, it was nothing but a job and all she could do was just to enjoy the kiss or whatever guilty pleasure her body was feeling. Heat was being radiated by Seunghyun but she already made up her mind that after she had done what she needed to, she’ll definitely walk a different path away from him. It was sad, but it was the reality.

 

 

*

 

 

Two weeks after their lovely relationship with the hospital room being their love nest, finally, she was brought to the mansion with their hands sweetly laced between their fingers as he wore a grin from ear to ear while was so rounded with mix of amazement and disbelief.

 

 

It wasn't a house for her, it was more of a huge grand mansion that looked more of a haunted house palace. Definitely bigger than her mansion in Busan. It seemed gloomy and dark even though lights coming from the huge chandeliers shined so bright. The place wasn't like home nor felt like a little bit home but Seunghyun proudly presented it to her girl. "So, here we are Sandy."

 

 

"Nice crib. This looks like one of those houses shown in reality TV. Amazing." She commented as she hovered her orbs throughout the lobby. It was so huge that her eyes needed much time to land on the walls and high ceiling.

 

 

"Kang, is father going home late or is he already here?" He snapped his head to the right as Dara startled a little as if she wasn't ready to see Daesung yet, whom she considered as her rival. The blonde attorney glanced at her before shifting his sight to his young master. "I think I already informed you yesterday that he'll be in Germany for a week or two for our expansion of operations."

 

 

Seunghyun scratched his head for forgetting all of his appointments and lapsing some information about the expansion. Dara's presence really affected Seunghyun’s performance that made him thinks nothing but only her. All he did for the past two weeks was indulging with what he believed was a passionate love.

 

 

"Oh, okay... Kang, is Jiyong home?" He mentioned the name as Dara felt her heart squeezed some more as Daesung took another glance at Dara's puzzled face. "I'm not just quite sure boss. I think he's with Young Bae or Seungri."

 

 

The tall good looking man nodded as he remembered the shipment papers he finished reviewing last night. "By the way, the case files are in my room on my book shelves. Just find it there and you can leave since it's already late."

 

 

Daesung had nothing to complain but to follow the order as he soon left the couple with his mind still concerned. He was so worried what might happen if Jiyong will be home tonight as he wished upon the stars that he'll have an overnight at Sol or Ri's apartment. But a little part of him was hoping that their love story won’t end tragically just like what he had experience with Minzy. Because he knew exactly how painful it is to forget someone you truly love. It was so unfair.

 

 

Back to the pretending love birds, Seunghyun walked her to the dining area where it looked more extravagant than the presidential table as he pulled a sit for her. Well, Seunghyun seemed to be gentleman now because of his precious girl as he bent down to reach her forehead and planted a kiss. "Hon, what do you want to eat? I'll tell the chef."

 

 

"Anything... I'll definitely eat anything edible. He-he." She blissfully answered as Seunghyun gave her another kiss, this time on the lips. It was fast and precise but he felt like the kiss lasted forever but for her, it was nothing special. "Be quick. It's kinda scary here." She murmured as she fiddled her fingers.

 

 

"There's no monster here. I love you." He sounded flat but sweet at the same time as he held her hand and kissed the back of it. The words 'I love you' were heard by Dara a thousand times from Seunghyun since the day they kissed fervently. It will be rude if she'll tell the truth that those words didn't make any sense to her and just shrugged it off every time to the point that she never gave back those words to Seunghyun. 

 

 

Dara wasn't sure if Seunghyun was idiot or just blinded by her glamorous beauty. But one thing's for sure, Dara won't fall for him. It was a depressing reality but it was the way it is. A one sided love exists even if they were already in a relationship since Seunghyun didn't ask her to love him back. As if he didn't care as long as she's at his side, it's fine for him. Well, if he will be seen by his dad that crazy over a girl, he'll be fired with thousands of rifles by then.

 

 

He turned around with his mood incredibly happy as he stepped out of the dining area and headed to his room located at second floor. After closing the door, he smiled like a moron falling so hard for the sake of love. He caressed the safe and momentarily had a silence while he twisted and turned the seven number combination of the volt where the diamond necklace was secured.

 

 

"I have a feeling that he'll give me the necklace and by then I can leave this case so that Kang will continue his mission." She silently mumbled through her silver watch that works like a phone or walkie talkie that she could communicate directly to Tablo. She snapped her head from left to right to make sure that no one was looking or within her vicinity. After reporting her update, she sat in good posture with that elegant poise as she prettily wait for her newly boyfriend's comeback.

 

 

Conversely, Jiyong sneaked again as he didn't use the back door nor the front door. Instead, he used the window as if he was some kind of burglar. But, he's too handsome to be mistaken as burglar to be honest.

 

 

He walked with his light feet, moved swiftly through the grand staircase as he suddenly remembered his father was gone for business trip as he ran his both palms through his face, one after another for realizing his stupidity. Alcohol really spanked him that hard as he almost tripped off the stairs. He rolled his eyes and made a chuckle for himself before walking slowly towards the dining area for a glass of water or a bread with his legs almost crossing over each other.

 

 

Passing through her was that easy since he wasn't actually expecting someone sitting at the end of the table and alcohol made his peripheral vision a bit blur for him not to notice her. He opened the fridge, poured cold crisp icy water on the clear glass. With his thirst, he had another glass of water through . Bread was gone on his head as he walked away from the refrigerator while still holding on the half full glass. He fished his phone as he chuckled while shaking his head with Seungri's text about the girl he brought home that he has a high change of getting under her skin.

 

 

But when he lifted his face, time just didn't stand still, in fact, it was the whole universe that stopped its motion with his heart the only exception. He gulped the bulged on his throat as he felt his palms sweat like it was forty degrees hot in that room just by staring at the goddess, his own goddess.

 

 

However, it was indeed a different her, a brand new her actually. Her new way of putting her makeup, it was exquisitely fine with her smoky y eyes which made her orbs look bigger and alive, lipstick never been that hot and her defined brows completed her look. Her hair was ash brown short and straight that made her look glamorously expensive paired with her long sleeved black little dress.

 

 

Dream had never been this so real as the glass of water slipped through his trembling hand as well as his phone and replying to Seungri was long forgotten. Even though he knew that he was tipsy due to the tequila and beer combined, he's a thousand times sure it was the same girl he was still madly in love with because his heart cannot lie and it immediately recognized her. Though the reason for her to be in the mansion wasn't that clear and was still confusing for him.

 

 

"D- Dara..." He murmured while her attention shifted to Jiyong after hearing the shattering of the glass with the water splashing through the hard tiled floor. Dara stood up and even if she was wearing a four and a half inches high black stiletto pumps, she had no second thought of running towards him while Jiyong heard nothing but the heaviness of the beating created by his own weary heart.

 

 

 

 

______________________

A/N: I realized I like writing stories which includes erasing of memories. Lol

Sorry if I updated too slow, mianhe.

I'm busy these past few days and summer is already over. -_-

Another thing. Promise, I’ll finish Hello Stranger. Just give me more time. Please?

 

Btw, follow me @VIPotato and mention me for a followback. :) I would love to talk to you guys. ^_^

 

Thank you so much littleappler28 for the poster I love your work. ^___^ MUAH! MUAH! xoxo