24

Drop Dead Goddess

(Night before the ambush)

 

 

"Yeah, he's down now. His body seems very responsive to the diphenhydramine." She took a pity glimpse on the lying man on the bed, half with his overflowing iness attracted her, made her eyes stay magnet on the succulent view. She sat at the edge with her fingers running across Seunghyun's chest. 

 

 

"I already broke into his room. So where's the hidden one?" Daesung ensured the ear piece and pressed it inside while slipping his phone in his pocket. He turned the lights on before locking the door back. Silently, he forwarded slowly to the bookshelf.

 

 

"So listen Kang, look for the leftmost of the shelf, find the brown book Political Science. Remove it as well as the four other books next to it," He complied while she was still in ecstasy, fiddling with the unconscious man's . "You can see a small hole there and push it."

 

 

After he pressed, the wooden covering slid right, showing the numerical buttons and a screen on top of those. "What's the code?"

 

 

"Look at the row of books above that level, you can see Astrophysics volume 3, right? So press 1-2. Then as I remember, the next book will be volume 36, so press 1-6. Then 2-5-1-4-9, and then do it on the rest of the book up to the red one which is the How Quantum Works." She was now putting nail polish on her left hand, phone still pressed on her right ear with her shoulder supporting it. Those neon yellow tints will surely look good tomorrow when they’ll go swimming.

 

 

"Uh- how? I mean, there are 10 more books and-"

 

 

She dropped the small bottle of sunrise yellow on the bedside table and ran her palm on her face. "Kang! Are you stupid? How did you become a spy assassin? You should stay as data analyst if you’re that imprudent!!!" Oh god. She massaged her temples before rolling her eyes on the man on the other line of the call. "Okay, the first book is Astrophysics volume 3, so A will be equivalent to 1 and since it is volume 3, don't press 3. It should be minus 1, so it will be 2. Then the next will be 1 - 7. Since as I said Astrophysics starts in A which equivalent to 1, then the volume is 36. Square root of 36 is 6. Then the third book is Biology so, 2 and the volume is 6. Get it?"

 

 

"Arrrggg! My nail polish is ruined, you damn stupid small eyed blonde!” She once more re-do the painting process then she inserted the headset to the phone and put the earpiece on her so that talking with the slow one will be mush easier, “Every alphabet corresponds to numbers, A is 1, B is 2, C is 3 and so on. While the volume of the books, if it cannot have a whole number of its square root, you must minus it with one. For example, 3. It will just be minus 1, so it will be 2. And for numbers like 16, it will be 4. Since 4 time 4 will be 16. Clear?"

 

 

After, perhaps, fifteen seconds of silence (due to thinking process happening on his little brain), he brogue a long - "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." She shook her head, cooling her temper while insulting Daesung with her exasperated voice. "Aish, this is the reason why my salary is bigger than yours."

 

 

"Hey, are you still there?" She noticed that it was over ten minutes and he wasn’t making any sound, worried that something happened to him. When in fact, he was already making bullets of sweat while focusing on the subtraction and square root of the volumes. "Yeah, I'm concentrating here. Shhhh!"

 

 

"Oh God bless you. I only did it less than a minute." She gave up. He’s hopeless.

 

 

After handful more minutes, "Yes! I did open it!" He supremely screamed as if he won lottery. "Kang! Don't shout! You're really stupid aren't you?"

 

 

He didn’t listen to the old lady as he barged into the pure white small room with several expensive paintings hanging on the wall. "What's next?" he was amazed with the paintings for they were made by glorious hands of renaissance era. "See the painting of a woman?" Dara remembered the Venus and the Lute Player, ca. 1565–70 made by an Italian painter, Venetian who died in 1576. The painting was oil in canvas, 65 x 82 1/2 inches and the woman was huge, lying with a kid on her back and a clothed man on her feet. After another silence from Daesung, she rolled her eyes. "You're staring, aren't you? Sheez, ert. Remove it and you'll see a Class TXTL - 60 safe vault."

 

 

"It has a single dial so it will be easy. Listen, left 24, right 9, then turn right on 15."  She clearly remembered the night when she tried to pass in the hidden room right after they had . She successfully opened the vault with the use of stethoscope and Daesung was lucky enough that Dara can still remember the number sequence vividly. "Then left 35, right 6, left 11 and finally 23."

 

 

"Confirmed." He reported as he pulled the lavish necklace, shining next to his eyes that were glowing in brightness. He then replaced the necklace with a replica, it looked exactly the same, weigh the same. Of course, Tablo won’t issue a facsimile that will make Seunghyun suspicious. Even if it will be eventually given to Dara, they needed to encode the data engraved on the necklace as soon as possible since their spy is now moving in Il Woo’s operations.

 

 

"So, what time will be the scheduled death of our dear Mr. Choi?" She was talking about Choi Dong Joon, the father of Seunghyun and Jiyong. "13:45," he casually answered as he safely enclosed the vault again. "Then expect his two underdogs an hour after that, maybe they'll take helicopter to fetch him. Or jet. But I guess they'll be using helicopter instead. And most probably, you'll be coming here in the mansion as well. For sure Seunghyun will ask me to call the media for a press. After the wake, you have to report to Boss," Daesung added with him chortling like silly then a grin was now plastered on Dara’s face.

 

 

*

 

 

The sun was up and so was she. Hyped with the cold latte, still tasting the remnants of the caffeine on her tongue as she lively opened the door. Light washed her luminous body, for she was only wearing yellow paired ruffled bikini, a thin see-through scarf decorated by strips of neon as it hangs down from her neck to her thighs and of course, a signature shades to block the harmful rays. She seemed literally glowing.

 

 

There were perks for having that kind of job, really. Exhaustive, yet she was able to relax in the middle of the missions. Though the death will surely make lament on the two idiots, making it hard for her to leave Seunghyun in the middle of the wake. But she assumed Il Woo might be that civilized to attend the wake. Why not seduce him while she's exiting in Seunghyun's life?

 

 

"Hey," a timid voice made her startled a little as her ear suggested that the voice was coming from the left side from where she was idly standing. And yes, the younger one was there, leaning against one of the pillars while smoking some kind of chocolate flavoured stick. Oh, that's my favorite.

 

 

She almost drooled for realizing how long her body hadn't taste the goodness of the cigarette, moreover, it was her favorite brand that can only be bought in luxurious store of thousand cigarette that obviously located only in Seoul and Busan only for it's an imported brand. She was consumed with her envious look on the cigar, wanting to snatch it from him and just for once, the heavens on it.

 

 

"Why did you do that deed last night?"

 

 

The question didn't registered on her mind for she was busy plotting how to ask him to give her a spare without being awkward. After some time of delay, her attention abruptly went north after finally processed what he ridiculously uttered, scrutinizing his face if he was even making any sense. "Huh? Did what?"

 

 

He threw the cigar on a pot with a green luscious plant. Chocolate stick! She suddenly frowned, heartbroken to pieces with the pathetic smoke slowly fading on her sight. Her peripheral view suddenly was consumed by this young man, standing lazily in front of her, hands shoved on the pocket. "You're really an expert in this kind of game, aren't you? Acting like you were having this kind of fast aging syndrome, having Alzheimer already? I thought I'll be winning this but... Turns out I am playing against someone who has a cold heart, who only said thank you after I did everything. Then vanished."

 

 

Dara raised a brow, hesitant of the idea formulating on her head. She obviously didn't heard quite clear for she was lost just with the start of his sentence. Game? What game was that? "Thought you'll gonna care even a bit. Guess not, Sandy." He added, eyes and voice were noncommittal, making her think if he was goofing around or if he was really serious.

 

 

Do I really know Jiyong? Who the hell was he? It is really freaking me out. She couldn't read this guy, for she believed she was an expert in reading facial expressions.

 

 

He then grasped her arm tighter than necessary, "...and, you're gonna go out with that bikini which looks like you're wearing nothing? We'll go to a beach with people going to stare at you! You're not even using your brain!" He was now abruptly fuming mad, removing a puzzle piece on what she was concluding, making it harder for her to analyze what the hell this guy was up to.

 

 

"Uh- and so? We're on the beach and this is the norma-"

 

 

Out of the blue, he pushed her on the frosted glass door, making its entireness quake together with her fragile body. Both of her hands were pushing his shoulder as he secured her with his grip on both side of her waist, making her immobile. The pushing she made was nothing compared to his strength. All she could do was squeal, protest and wiggle her small frame. "What the hell are you-" He took advantage of the situation, head moved down and planted his lips on her valley, between her two mounts. her delicate porcelain skin, bruising it with his desperate lips and teeth, nibbling the exposed area and finished it a slow , tongue swirled and traced the gap between her s.

 

 

 

But before he let her go, his nails dug on her waist, frustration and wrath made him scratch her skin, excruciatingly painful, making trails of his nails, as if he was some sort of wolf.

 

 

Both were now engaged on intense stare, one was satisfied while one was dumbfounded with her heart almost creating series of fast thuds. "Better," he made his evil half-smile before turning his back and finally setting off as if nothing happened.

 

 

Is he a psycho? She had no words - no words to express how she felt - at all. His soft lips on her was so familiar, the warmth of his hands, the musky scent of his hair, the proximity, the longing. All was contradicting to what her brain was pushing her to believe.

 

 

The door was slightly pushed, making her almost tripped as she moved her out of it. The blonde girl on her one piece bikini printed with words, coolly looked like newspaper turned to a bathing suit, gave her a sweet smile. Curves were highlighted, y and stunning. Jiyong almost took her life because she was wearing yellow ruffled two piece bikini and Chaerin was okay with that swimsuit? Sounds… convincing huh? She then snapped Dara's envious look at her. "You coming unnie? Let's go?"

 

 

"Uh, I'll wait for Seunghyun first."

 

 

Chaerin's eyes auto-zoomed to the small red mark on her cleavage and on her sides. Making the scarf look useless as it failed to hide those things. "Is that a hickey? And you got scratches too. Did Seunghyun oppa-" she immediately waved her both hands in front of the curious cat. She was badly blushing for the stupidity of what Jiyong made while the voluptuous girl was just grinning wide, imagining things that might have happened last night after the drinking session. "Aniyo! Aniyo! I'll change first!"

 

 

*

 

 

And with what she wore, even a dozen more were staring at her for the reason of her wearing a pink huge shirt with Kiiroitori print right in the middle and paired it with denim shorts. Well, it will be weird if she'll just wear a shirt and a bottom bikini, right?

 

 

They were now cossetting on the vast white shore where people were loitering on every space possible, not that this beach was jam packed, just that people here were doubled than the regular tourists since its summer - considered as peak season.

 

 

The four was sitting on the blanket against the blasting sunshine with huge umbrella on top of them and just finished their lunch that was made by Lee’s chef that Jiyong helped in preparing. Looked like ordinary people blended on the crowd. Though girls obviously stare at them because they were checking the two hot guys on their swimming trunks only - including Chaerin, pampering her eyes on Seunghyun's top for it was the first time she saw that chocolate abs of him. While Dara just laced her hand, not because she was over protective that she wanted to shout the whole world that Seunghyun belongs to her, but because she felt so embarrassed with what she was wearing now.

 

 

"Do you have rushes or something?" A low voice flounced her ear, making her blinked several times, recollecting the memories of the latter part of her interaction with Jiyong.

 

 

"Yeah, I have an allergy in alcohol. Those rushes were disgusting to see. That's why I can't take this shirt off." She reasoned out, "and good thing I don't have on legs."

 

 

The two couple in front of them were both grinning from ear to ear, the looked of knowing something. Chaerin was assuming it was made by this huge entity on Dara's side as she forced to chew the dessert on her cavern while suppressing a laughter. While Jiyong on the other end couldn't help himself but get amused with Dara. Eyes glimmering in triumph as he silently mouthed, 'nice duck, Ahjumma.'

 

 

Those huge eyes of her suddenly turned to line, giving Jiyong a deadly glare that she wanted to throw daggers on that ing jerk. If she was just allowed, she'll wring his neck or buried his face on the sand until he couldn't breathe and will be more glad if she will be personally send his soul to the angel of death.

 

 

After the insult, Dara could not calm herself as she threw another threatening gaze at Jiyong, though he just chuckled in return that made her even itchier to kill this guy.

 

 

They were now heading to the inviting blue waves of freshness, Seunghyun and Chaerin was oblivious and their happiness was exaggerated up to the sky. Dara was sauntering her way, mumbling string of low curses towards that irritating Jiyong. She wasn't letting the water to touch her feet because it will just look awkward swimming like that as she bitterly smiled towards her lover who was so thrilled with the big waves. "I will never swim with this," she muffled sympathetically to herself.

 

 

Jiyong was grinning towards the grimaced face girl and poked her arm, earning another howl from her. "Yah!" She darted another lethal gaze on him, brows protuberance together with her fist balled in anger. "This is your fault. I hate you Jiyong," she gritted through her clenching teeth.

 

 

He shook his head while doing that annoying smirk yet again. His head leaned over her as she almost jumped because of the danger this man might do this time. Though she was wrong as he only whispered mockingly, "Don't worry, the feeling is mutual, Sandy."

 

 

*

 

 

"Can you take me there?" She spoke in aegyo voice and pointed the spot where Chaerin was together with Jiyong. The depth of the water was more than five feet as the couple just merrily splashing water and Dara has the plan of sabotaging their blissful infatuation. She was behind Seunghyun, arms wrapped across his neck, legs on his side with his huge hands grabbing her behind her knees. When they got there, Dara was set free as she stirred her legs and arms to keep her floating as well as Chaerin. While Jiyong was just standing with the water's horizon on his chin and Seunghyun was just effortlessly upright, well, he's tall and the water on his chest isn't something he should care for once.

 

 

Even though she didn't really like the idea of Chaerin and Jiyong together, she still ended up giggling with the blonde. Well, she's funny at times and has a good sense of humor. Laughing at one of Jiyong's exes, Chaerin blurted out a hilarious snort when she told her how pathetic that old maiden teacher was - which happened to be Dara as well, but of course she can't remember. Dara was unknowingly laughing at her own self.

 

 

Jiyong was lost in sight as he was already swimming on the deeper part, but as soon as he spotted the two men in black on the verge of separation of the land and sea, he yelled to Seunghyun who was farther than him. "There's your baby sitters!"

 

 

With that, Seunghyun swam back and stopped on the spot of the two lovely ladies and stated, "I'll be back. Just give me a minute."

 

 

Dara who knew already the news that the two idiots will be reporting, she just smirked as it only meant that Kang succeeded and since the blue diamond necklace was already obtained, it will give them a million bucks only for collateral. It will be a feast again for her.

 

 

*

 

 

"What? My father... This can't be- oh God." He closed his eyes, rendering the last moment he had seen his father. Disappointment covered his sanity, how could he be this useless? He had shown nothing but irrational stubbornness as he controlled himself from bursting to tears.

 

 

"Please young master, come home immediately.  Take the helicopter, Changmin will be your pilot for now. You'll be in Seoul by thirty minutes. And I'll be the one to drive your car together with Jiyong and the girls."

 

 

"No, Dara will come with me. Just get the black case on my closet Jae and Changmin, prepare the helicopter. I'll just tell them about this so we can all go back to Seoul." He ordered, his expression was back to the cold Seunghyun who everyone will run for their lives if a single mistake will happen after this. "Jae, tell attorney Kang to hold a press meeting."

 

 

The apprentices soon evaporated as he moved his heavy legs back to the people he left. He was still in grief as he felt he was close. He's losing it. Until a yell coming from Chaerin caught him. "Seunghyun oppa!"

 

 

There were some bystanders on the shore, slowly filling the line as his eyes landed on Jiyong who was struggling, a girl on his grasp, lying on his arms. He rushed when he realized it was Dara who got leg cramps when the three had decided to go beyond the allowed swimming area. "Oh god, S-Sandy!!!"

 

 

He rudely snatched Dara from the little one as Jiyong was pushed in the process. It was an adrenaline rush as he brought her back to the dry part, laid her body on the warm small glistening white collective pebble. She was surely unconscious with what happened, drank too much salty water, osmosis even made it worse.

 

 

When he's on his knees, he laid his sight on her pale skin, his lips convulsed violently with his head so ed up for the current happenings. Thinking how he could save her. He can't afford to lose her as well, she's the only one left and it was just so painful if she'll be leaving too. "I… I can't." He pleadingly stared at Jiyong who was kneeling on the opposite, "you don't know how to resuscitate?" The younger asked.

 

 

Seunghyun surely does know how but couldn't just move. Like he was frozen and little by little consumed with the fact that his father died without Jiyong knowing it and his girl... It was just heartbreaking if she’ll die too as clouds started to form in his eyes, fist closed tight. All he could do was blankly surveyed his almost dead girlfriend.

 

 

"What?" Jiyong was shocked on how imbecile his brother was, misunderstanding what was happening to Seunghyun's head and assumed that he just didn't know how to resuscitate. He shifted his sight to Chaerin on his side as she brusquely wobbled her head. "I can't either."

 

 

It took Jiyong only a split second to decide as he started impelling her chest, not asking help from people surrounding them. He's not confident on doing it because he wasn't listening that much to their swimming coach last year. That was just his extracurricular course and didn't pay that much attention when the coach discussed the proper resuscitation. Nonetheless, he still did it. Hoping that it will work.

 

 

"Come on!" He frustratedly shouted as his heart shuttered in so much agony, he then pressed her nose, his mouth covered hers, securing that it was air tight, breathed out through his mouth. Then again, pumped her chest, blow some air. It repeated handful of times until he finally erupted. "! Wake up!"

 

 

Chaerin was just flabbergasted, not worried if she'll die or what, but anxious because of the look upon Jiyong's face. He was so eager, so determined yet exasperated. He looked miserable as if he was losing his love in his own hands, it was the first time she saw Jiyong that vulnerable yet tried to be strong to resurgence her. To save someone that seemed to be so important to him, that death of himself will be his only answer if he wasn't able to revive the life God had given her.

 

 

"Goddamn it! Wake up! Please!" Jiyong once again chanced her lips, giving the all the soul he has, yet, she's still not responding. "Please, you can't die! Please!"

 

 

Tears started to drift down his cheek while he once again blew another pack of air, damping her eyes eventually. A bitter tear collapsed on her right eye lashes then to the slit of her eyes. That tear full of heartache was mixed with hers, making it hard to hold it in as their tears together escaped her eye and ran down on her temple.

 

 

Lips of him started quivering as well as his hands, losing the strength and the energy finally draining as his hope was descending slowly. Hands of him became weak as he entwined it together, pushed a little pressure on her chest without gaining any answer from her.

 

 

The harsh sun that brightened the world seemed to be irrelevant for Jiyong, all he could see was darkness now. His endless tears creeping down, mixing with the sea water on her shirt and face. Everyone was ignored by him, didn't care if they'll see him this frail. He was now consumed with fear - the fear of not seeing her smile again. Fear that he won't be able to hold her once more. Fear of losing the only reason why he was living.

 

 

He did regret the last thing he said, that he hated her as well. It was a lie. Obviously. But still, he wasn't able to say how much he loves her for the last time. His heart squeezed tight, making it lapse some beat with his breathing turning harsh too. He finally gave all his might as he pumped another weak push, gave her air, sorrow made him prolong the last crushing of their lips and mumbled, "please, come back..."

 

 

Come back to me.

 

 

And like that, heaven was generous enough that it had given its graciousness to grant Jiyong’s wish.

 

 

*

 

 

A/N: THIS WILL BE LONG! I replied to those people who I talked to and those who left comments. ^^

Hello to twitter friends:

@cynical_gal - don't ever delete a story even if no one gives a damn, may co-author ka na rin naman diba? :)

@katieCbueno - ish okay if you don't comment here, we can still be friends in twitter right? Kekeke~

@missymusni - hello there ^^

@jojo0528_jojo - Hello din, thank you sa support. Muah!

 

Then to those who commented here and in my blog:

gd_ume - thank you for making me realize something :*

unplayedpianos - yeah, the chap 14 was inspired by Lies MV! Here baby, here's an update, don't cryyy~

jayniebeep - Ateee~ Thank you sa pagcomfort mo sakin. Sana anjan ka lagi pag may bumubully sakin. HAHAHAH.

hye_jinx - ikaw din ate, huhuhuhu. Thank you!!! Muah!!!

whitering - and here! He saves her again! :D

corea18amen - HERE darling! :D

ezra 88 - Oh yes, I really did between daragon hotter here since it is a daragon fic. People will kill me if I did the vivid. hahaha. And sorry again, Ji is hurting again here. HUHUHU

OhItsYing - Hi Ying! I don't want to react on your comment, just want to say your name ying, ying, ying!!! Your name is soooo cute! :D kekeke~

Amarie_Estel - Yeah, dae is really hot and handsome like those abs so yummy to - omg. HAHAHA

dezri28 - I will, I will, don't worry. ^^ Just thought no one is interested reading this anymore

mszwee - Yes! He kept it! :D

msliz28 - not now... Daesung is still busy on his revenge mode, keke~

daragon0987654321 - lol, I can't breathe! HAHAHAHA. ROTFL.

RaeeKwon - she will, just wait ^^

sandaragon - I'm sad too. Let's hug!!!

heiress - it's really frustrating that they can't be together. (talking about the real life daragon relationship, lol) Yeah, I hope they will say their relationship in public, though as we all know, their career might end if they do so.

dorememe - thank you too for commenting! Can I kiss you?

EnergizerWhiteRabbit - If he found out? Maybe fck her hard. Loljoke.

forsocialnetworkonly - Did I make him suffer that much? It won't be too long. ^^

nms_xo - u want it? I'll give it to you beybehhhh~

PamelaGumamela - You don't know him? Bakeeet?

Mudpie - woah! You’ll read it all over again? Hmm, is my story that confusing? Haha. Sorry.

Lori0830 - what do u mean with 'toughen up just a little tiny bit in the face of Jiyong' (sorry, I'm stupid to comprehend that huhu)

lowhigh - ohhhh, I miss your comments here! Muah!

readytogo - thank you to for still showing interest! /hugs you tight/ (I wonder what's the real meaning of your username. Ready to go where? hehe)

 

 

And for those who talked to me on the blog I posted, (seethru, Tabisan4eva, isla7107, kicko24, jayniebeep, jideeislove, meoeme, gd_ume, joweleg, ariam_cpa, ant12345, marvey1214, ohitsying, mudpie and loi0830)

let me all hug you!!! (sorry I'm a huggie person keke~)

Forever thankful for the posters/banners (sorry I dunno how to differentiate poster from banner. haha)I love you forverdaragon, amarie estel baby and of course littleappler28 meheheh

For those who commented from foreword to chap 23, THANK YOU SO MUCHIE MUCHIE!!!!

And for those who will comment in this chap, thank you in advance, sorry also, I'm lazy to proofread. haha

Filipino readers anyone? Magtagalog tayyyyyyyyyyoooooooo! :D

 

Are you guys scared with what I posted? HAHAHA. Didn't mean to scare you guys. I won’t delete my stories. Keke~ Just that I noticed the decline of comments lately, and now that you guys are back... WOOOOOHHH~ I love you!!! GROUP HUGGGG APPLERS!!!