chap 18

Missing You

“YAHH!!” a loud voice echoed though the small staff room “are you sure you can work!!”

“I-I’m r-really s-sorry y-yoo—b-boss…” the poor employee bended down slightly, not daring to stare back into her boss’s eyes.

It’s just that she is so new for this.. even though that she already worked her for more than two years already, this is just the first time she saw her boss getting mad at someone..

And hell... it’s so damn scaring…

And worse… it’s her…

She is not even daring to addressing her boss like how they usually call her, by name..

And she is really in the verge of crying…

“Are you called yourself working?!!!” the tall girl burst, both hands on her waist, staring sharply at the poor soul, but she can’t see it… she feel a emptiness in her heart, making her so damn frustrated, and she is not even realizing it, that she already got it through the line.

“How come you made that simple mistake over and over again!!! Do you still need this job!!?? Or should i-..”

 

“That’s enough..” a stern and voice cut, followed by an appearance from a short girl, making her way towards the small room.

“You can go out now, dara..” hyoyeon said softly to the already crying girl.

The poor girl took a glance towards the tall girl, and the tall girl only let out a frustrated groan, sitting on the long chair behind her, turning her head slightly.

And taking it as a yes, without waiting for another second, the girl quickly made her way out from the room, before she got her name being called again.

 

Hyoyeon made her way closer to the tall girl.

“I thought.. it would get better by days..” the short girl commented “I was wrong…” she sighed “you got worst..” she eyed the tall girl “you lost control, yoona..” she scolded.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Oh, come on.. you are throwing a fit to a simple mistake…” hyoyeon shot the latter a sharp gaze “gezz yoona.. she just took the order to the wrong table.. and the costumer said  that it’s okay..”

“..it’s still a mistake..” yoona mumbled.

“But you never made a problem over something like this before…” hyoyeon’s left brow raised “you’re over-reacting..”

“..I’m no-..”

“And stop throwing your temper out to someone who is innocent..” hyoyeon cut “we both know why you’re so frustrated.. and while you can’t get it to the right person.. you’re looking for a reason to throw it right to your worker…” hyoyeon said “you’re so frustrate about all that unanswered questions on your mind..”

Yoona sighed, turning her head to face the shorter girl, trying to opened to defended herself, but ended up being speechless, knowing what her friend said is true.

 

“She must have a reason for this, yoona..” hyoyeon mumbled, walking closer, until she is standing right in front of the tall girl.

“But shouldn’t she still tell me?!” yoona said, frustrated “I’m her girlfriend!!”

“Maybe sh-..”

“And all she left is that stupid note!!” yoona cut “saying that she—she will come back in w-weeks—or—or months!! Is she crazy!!?? Does it even make sense at all?!!” she asked, pouring what filled her mind in these few days.

“Maybe she is ju-…”

“And it’s already 5 days!! Not even giving any news at all!!!” she cut “and how can I made it to weeks!!? Or—or months!!? Is she insane?!! Is she even in her right mind whe-..”

“I get it!! I get it yoong!!” hyoyeon finally snapped “it’s just 5 days and you’re already losing your mind!! and if it’s get to w-weeks or—or months, you might already fired all your workers!!!”

And hyoyeon sudden outburst, letting a moment of silent fills the staff room.

“I get it that you’re madly in love with her..” hyoyeon mumbled “I can clearly see it.. it’s so damn-..”

“You’re not helping..” yoona cut, finally calmed down.

 

Hyoyeon eyed her tall bestfriend, thinking for a moment, before lifting her hand from her pocket, with a small piece of paper on it, showing it right in front of yoona’s eyes.

“What is this?” yoona asked, taking the small note from hyoyeon’s hand.

“Well..” hyoyeon voiced, scratching her nape awkwardly “..let just say.. that.. curiousity got me that..”

“What do you mean?” yoona eyed the shorter girl with furrowed eyes.

“..hmm..” hyoyeon’s eyes wondered everywhere but the tall girl “…do you remember.. sooyoung’s first week working here?” hyoyeon asked hesitantly.

“Hmm..” yoona hummed, listening intently.

“Well.. it’s not that hard to see that she is really into you..” the shorter girl continued “..and, out of concern.. I kind of… trying to.. you know.. check on her.. if she is really.. not a bad per-..”

“Are you spying on my girlfriend?!!” yoona cut, giving am unbelievable look.

“Whatt!!?? No!! of course no!! why should I?!!”

“Didn’t you sa-..”

“I accidentally found it, okay?” hyoyeon cut swiftly “that time, when she is sick.. and you’re busy at café..” hyoyeon explained “you asked me to check on her.. and I accidentally found a file on the small drawer beside her bed.. and you know.. i.. curiously kinda open it..” she ended, shrugged her shoulder slightly.

“Yah!! How could you do that!” yoona scolded “first, it’s her privacy…” yoona said “and second, she is my girlfriend.. even me, myself, never opened her things like that..”

“Yah! For your information, that time, she was not your girlfriend yet.. and second, I said it’s just curious, okay? I’m sorry..” she sighed, still not meeting yoona’s eyes.

“Besides, you should thank me that I got that for you..” yoona added.

“Wh-..”

“And..” hyoyeon immediately cut, seeing the tall girl is about to go upon her word “because of that, I’m really sure that she is really into you.. you know… that she is madly in love with you..”

“..and how so?” yoona asked, brows raised.

“Oh, come on!” hyoyeon exclaimed “why on earth the daughter of the biggest property company group in korea going all her way to this small café? And even working here as an employee?” hyoyeon said “it doesn’t make sense..” she commented, before added “well.. only one thing can explain that stupid kind of act.. and it’s should be love..” hyoyeon said, giving a teasing smile, while moving her brows ups and downs playfully.

“The biggest what?” yoona asked confusedly.

“The biggest property company in korea..” the shorter girl replied “and that CS group, even make it to the top three in asian… and as far as I know..” she stopped, thinking “by research.. that CS company is just one of the group’s property..” she grinned, leaving the tall girl in awe, confused, dumbfounded.

“Just what an awesome girlfriend you have…” hyoyeon added, still grinning “and not to mention that she is really madly in love wi-..”

“Since when you know that??” yoona cut.

“Hmm..” hyoyeon took a slight glance at the taller girl, trying to find a really right word to say “weeks?” she said, avoiding yoona’s eyes.

“What?! and you’re not telling me that?!! how co-..”

“Oh, come on!” hyoyeon cut quickly “I thought that she is going to tell you..” hyoyeon reasoned “and I believe, I really don’t have a right to tell you that..”

“You don’t really have the right to look into my girlfriend’s stuff in the first place..” yoona said sarcastically.

“I said, I’m sorry, okay?” hyoyeon rolled her eyes, making the tall girl let out another sigh.

“And what is this?” she asked, reading what written on the small piece of paper.

“Oh, it’s her CS company’s address..” hyoyeon said “you know, I don’t really know where she is living.. so.. maybe you can just looking for her there..” she added “and instead of throwing your temper towards your workers.. it’s better if you feed that curiousity of yours, by asking her all that question on your mind..”

“I see…” yoona mumbled, before shifting her gaze back to the shorter girl, eyeing her.

“Wh-..” and before hyoyeon can asked what behind the tall girl’s stare, ready to throw another sharp comment on yoona’s, but the tall girl cut.

“Thanks..” yoona said, making hyoyeon giving a small smile.

“You’re welcome..” she said, patting the girl’s shoulder “that’s what friend are for..”

-----

 

Yoona is standing in front of a really huge building, a giant one, made by glasses, well, mostly. And connecting with that big building with have the big words ‘CS COMPANY’ on the front gate, there is a bigger building, and slightly higher, having that big ‘THE EMPIRES’ on its front gate, which yoona believes is a hotel.

Her eyes wondering, looking for at least someone who she can ask about a certain brunette, the girl that give her so much questions, the girl that really has a lot to explain, to her..

Yoona turned right and left slightly, and that’s when her eyes fall to a certain figure who seems to attract with her red hair, walking along with a tall girl.

Yoona walked closer, stop right near the two girl who is taking small steps, calling “tiffany.. yuri..”

And the two girl addressed, stop right on their track, standing frozenly, with their eyes widened in shock “y-yoona..”

“Well..” yoona said “I believe you two know why I am here..” she added, eyeing both girls.

“W-we.. hmm..” tiffany and yuri turned and stared at each other, giving another one a certain look, trying to talk with their eyes.

Both girls are looking at their surrounding for a while, before tiffany finally spoke “follow me..”

 

They are sitting in the cafeteria on the fifth floor. It’s not really crowded, it’s still working hours.

And while yoona sits there, shot both girl with her most sharp glare, yuri and tiffany staring at each other, trying to figure whether to tell yoona is a right decision or not.

“Well..” yuri mumbled “since she already here.. why don’t we just tell her?” she voiced.

“Are you su-..”

“And, we both know… sooyoung needs her.. at this point, she might kill herself..” yuri cut, making her girlfriend sighed in defeated.

 “Fine..” tiffany mumbled, shifting her gaze to the tall girl in front of her “sooyoung is here..” she said “in her office..”

“Where?” yoona asked “and what do you mean by that?” she asked, shifting her eyes to yuri.

“Well.. since she went back to the company, she is rarely went back to her penthouse..” yuri explained “she can go  back there just for taking a bath.. and she will come back her..” she said “bt the way, she is living there..” yuri said, pointed to the bigger building yoona saw earlier.

“And she is rarely eating..” tiffany added “in her mind, if she finished her work earlier, her father will leave earlier.. so, yeah.. she is just staying there, in her office, all day.. while sometimes eat, and sometimes not..”

“W-what? why?” yoona asked, starting to get worried over her girlfriend. No, she is not angry.. rather than angry, she feel more like needing an explanation from her girlfriend. And she is her not to get furious upon her girlfriend.

Yoona knows, in her right mind, that sooyoung must has a reason about this.. and she simply get all her way here to know that.. at least to make sure that sooyoung is still.. alive maybe.. that.. she doesn’t have to worry day and night because getting no news from the tall girl..

At least to know that.. she is not the only person who is miserable on this vague situation…

Or knowing that.. how’s her girlfriend is doing..

Or.. just to.. get to see the tall girl, her girlfriend..

Heck, it’s only five days.. and she already missed the tall girl badly..

No, she can’t make it to weeks.. more over for months…

She want to meet sooyoung.. now..

Paying all that longing.. and words that hanging on the air..

“..hmm.. let’s leave that for sooyoung to explain..” both girl stared at yoona, giving an awkward grin.

“She is in the highest level..” tiffany said “I will call her secretary to let you in to her office..” she added.

Wasting no time, yoona stood up from her seat, but tiffany’s voice stopped her.

“Oh.. and yeah.. last time she ate was... yesterday’s lunch..” tiffany added “so, make sure she takes her lunch today..” she said, giving a small smile.

Yoona nodded, before making her way to the lift.

 

Yoona arrived at the highest level, making her way to the receptionist table.

“Excuse me..” yoona asked, politely “can I know where choi sooyoung’s office is?”

“Oh..” the young lady said “are you miss im yoona?”

“Yes..”

“You can go straight to that side..” the young lady said, pointed at her left side “there are three big office.. miss sooyoung’s office is on the right one..” she said, smiling “you can find it easily with a small board with her name hanging on it..”

“Ah, I see..” yoona nodded slightly “thank you..” she said, giving a small smile, before going to the pointed direction.

 

Yoona is standing in front of a door, with a small board ‘CHOI SOOYOUNG’ hanging on it. She took a deep breath, before opened the door, and taking a step inside.

The door automatically shut, and yoona just making her way inside.

The office room is surely spacious, just like the first floor of her café.. or maybe a little more bigger.

There are few big and small cupboards, and a large couch set.

And yoona’s eyes landed on a certain figure, a girl who is sitting on the big bossy chair of hers, behind a big office table.

Ah, how much she misses the tall girl already..

The tall brunette is drowning too much on the paper on her table, shown by how greatly her eyes glued on it, with her left elbow on the table, using her left hand to massage her temple, while her right hand holding a pen, writing something on the paper.

With that, she doesn’t even realizing yoona’s presence.

Holding her urge to jump into her girlfriend embrace, yoona voiced “how many times I told you not to skip lunch, soo?” breaking the silent in the room, making the tall brunette swiftly lifting her head on the familiar voice.

Sooyoung’s eyes widened in shocked “yo-yoona..”

Yoona stared right into sooyoung’s brown eyes “you.. really have a lot to explain.. choi sooyoung…”