chap 8

Missing You

Sooyoung has been having a bad headache since this morning, she even finds it hard to get on her foot, so don’t even talk about walking. Since she stayed up all night to make sure that she finished all her work’s report from her other job, she can’t even have a minutes to sleep. And of course it disturbed her work pretty much.

She tried hard to keep her eyes open, and keep taking some meds to reduce her headache, but since she doesn’t have any appetite, she hasn’t eat since this morning, and now, she found herself got a fever.

Sooyoung is just sitting in the staff’s room for about 20 minutes. She feels like carrying a heavy weight on both her shoulder, and her head are about to explode.

She keeps on taking a glance at her wristwatch, and she already lost count for how many times she looked at the circled thing on her right wrist already “1PM..” she mumbled silently “5 hours to go..” she sighed, remembering that the café will close around 6PM.

Soo, come on.. you can do this.. just keep it for few hours more..” she said to herself, massaging her temple. She hates it if someone looks at how weak she is. So, instead of asking her boss to give her a rest or day off, she keeps silent and just does all her work like usual.

Since she was a child, her parents always taught her to be a strong girl, which is why she always keeps her problem alone, she won’t ever ask something from other people, keep her thought for herself, buried all the pain deeper, and there she is, finding herself strangling more in pain without voiced what she feels.

She has around 10 minutes more for her break time, but her headache getting worse. And now she sits on the long chair with her face buried on both her palms. In another minute she will massage her temple gently, still with her eyes closed.

“Soo.. can you take the order for..” hyoyeon’s voice stop when she stared at the sitting girl inside the staff’s room. And the tall girl upon hearing her name mentioned, stand up immediately and giving a slight grin.

“sure..” sooyoung answered, walking closer to hyoyeon, giving a small smile “what table?”

“Are you okay?” hyoyeon eyed the tall brunette, catching a glimpse from the tall girl massaging her temple before.

“Hmm?” she gave an innocent look “of course..” she added “what table?”

“Table 5..” the short girl voiced, still has her eyes on the tall girl.

“Okay..” sooyoung nodded, and making her way walking through her co-worker who is standing in front of the door, before hyoyeon grabs her arm swiftly, feeling her hot skin.

“Oh gosh.. choi sooyoung..” she said in surprised “you’re sick!!” she said, eyed the tall brunette.

“What? No!?” sooyoung answered immediately, shaking her head in process, taking a step back, releasing hyoyeon’s grip from her arm.

“What do you mean no?!” the short girl raised her tone “you’ve got fever and your face all red!!” she added “beside, I saw you massaging your temple before..”

“I’m okay, hyo..” she answered calmly, trying to hold her hand from massaging her temple from a throbbing pain in her head from hyoyeon’s shriek “just a little headache..” she added “will be okay in a while..”

“Why don’t you tell yoona about..”

“What for?” sooyoung cut “I said, I’m..”

“Tell me what?” another figure appeared behind the short girl just now.

“Sooyoung is sick..” hyoyeon stated, pointing to the tall figure, making the doe eyes girl turned her head and having her eyes on the tall girl.

“What?! No!!” which sooyoung disagreed immediately “I said I’m okay..”

Yoona took a glance at the short girl, before shifting it back to the tall girl before she took a step closer to the tall brunette. And upon yoona took a step closer, the tall figure will take another step back.

Yoona furrowed her brows, showing that she obviously dislike what the tall girl just did.

“I’m okay.. yoona..” but, refusing to listen what the tall girl said, yoona took another step closer and earning another step back from the tall brunette.

“Stop doing that..” the doe eyes girl said firmly, which make sooyoung frozen in spot.

Yoona walked closer and sighed when she sees the tall girl stop taking another step back, then she stop just right in front of the tall girl. The doe eyes girl lifted both her hands, placed it on both sooyoung cheeks, and immediately feeling her heat.

“Oh, gosh!!” yoona stared at the tall girl “is this what you said okay?” she sighed “you’re burning, soo!!”

And sooyoung can’t even say a word, since yoona’s face just too close from hers and her eyes drowning into the other girl’s eyes.

“No!!” sooyoung answered “I can still work..” she said “I’m..”

“Stop saying that you’re okay!” yoona cut

“Hmm..” sooyoung shifted her gaze, avoiding yoona’s stare, since yoona’s hands still on her cheeks, “then.. f-fine?” sooyoung gave another word which makes the other girl rolled her eyes.

“You’re obviously sick!” yoona’s tone get higher “why don’t you tell me before!?” she scolded “how can you work like this!!”

And sooyoung only stood there in silence, her headache getting worse from yoona’s loud voice, doesn’t even know how to reply to the girl’s question.

“Go upstairs!! And taking a rest!” yoona commanded, but the tall girl doesn’t even move from her spot, suddenly feeling even more dizzy.

“Soo..” yoona calmed down, staring at the tall girl worriedly “are you lis..”

“Soo!!” she gets panicked when the tall girl suddenly dropped to her body, fainted.

-----

 

Yoona wondered around the tall brunette’s room, she tidied some papers which scattered in some place, while the tall girl is sleeping peacefully on her bed. She just picked up some papers and maps on the floor or on the bed and put it on the small drawer beside the bed, but a red map on the drawer caught her attention.

CS Company?” her brow creased, reading the titled on the first page “is she applies work somewhere?”

She was about to take a look at what written in the paper on the map, but stop immediately “no, I don’t have any right to do this..” she sighed, placed the map back on the drawer “but why thinking about she working at another place bother me so much?” she let out another sighed before making a way to sit beside the sleeping figure.

Yoona staring at the now sleeping tall figure in silence, she lifted her hand and start brushing the tall girl’s hair gently, moving some stand of hair to take a better view of the tall brunette’s face, her fingers touching her face and feeling sooyoung hot temperature, unconsciously, a smile formed on her face.

“Just what happened with me?” she mumbled “why I can’t stop staring at you?” she let out a small chuckled “and why am I enjoying this?” and she can feel her heart beat beating faster every second.

“Since you come a month ago, you’ve chanced my world..” she smile “now, it would feels weird without you near me..”

“Am I crazy already?” she let out a small giggle.

“Yes, you are..” a girl voiced behind the door, which make her turned her head in surprised only to find her worker making her way in.

“Oh, goshh, hyo!! You scared me!!”

And the short girl only walks inside the room and take a sit near the doe eyes girl, without even saying a word. They both staring at each other, but there is a small smile on the short girl’s face.

“What?” yoona asked, slightly annoyed.

“Hmm?” hyoyeon hummed, giving an innocent smile.

“What’s with that smile?” she asked.

But instead of answering, the short girl asks back, her innocent smile changed into a teasing smile “What was that?”

“What was what?” the tall girl shot back, shifting her gaze from the short girl.

“Why you’re so damn worried a while ago?” she asked, teasingly.

“Of course I am..” yoona answered calmly “she is sick.. and she keeps working.. without even told me..” she added.

“You’re not like that towards other worker..”

“What do you..”

“If other worker get sick, you will simply tell them to go home..” she cut “but when it’s her..” she pointed the tall girl with her eyes “you even scolded her, yoona..” she said in a low voice.

Yoona went silent for a moment.

“Why don’t you give a hand downstairs, hyo? They might need your help?” yoona said, which make the short girl chuckled.

“See..” she said, giggling “that’s what you do when you want to avoid talking about something..”

“Whatever..” yoona mumbled, staring back at the sleeping figure, her hand unconsciously back to the tall girl’s hair, brushing it gently.

“You should look what have you done there..” she said, staring at the tall girl with a meaningful smile “you look like a girl who is worried sick to her girlfriend..” she stated.

“I don’t understand wh-..”

“And do you even know what you’re doing right now?” she cut “you’re staring at her like a girl in love… yoona..” she said, which make the tall girl shifting her gaze back to her, opened to talk.

“You do realize it right?” but hyoyeon gave another question, before the tall girl saying a word, she stood up from the bed, walking closer to the doe eyes girl, giving a pat on her shoulder “like I said, you’re already falling for her without even realizing it.. yoona..” she stated before going out from the room, leaving the tall girl sit there, dumbfounded.