chap 23

Missing You

“What is this?” Mr.Choi stern voice echoed inside his office room, throwing the bundle of his younger daughter’s photo on the table.

Along with the youngest Choi in Mr.Choi’s office, Yuri and Tiffany accompany the girl, as how the old man called earlier, so does the eldest Choi.

Sooyoung who is standing right in front of Mr.choi’s table, took a glance at the photos. She knows this day will come.. she just doesn’t expect it to happen this fast.

“So, I have gone for months, and this is what you did?” he asked tonelessly, eyeing her daughter who hasn’t saying a word since she stepped inside the spacious room, and standing beside the old man, Mr.Oh, his personal assistant.

“And both of you..” Mr.choi added eyeing her daughter’s bestfriend “seems like you both doing nothing good as I expected..”

“We-..”

“They have nothing to do with this..” Sooyoung spoke before Tiffany can “if you want to talk to me only, why do you have to call them all?”

“I believe that it’s not really the answer I want, Sooyoung..”

“She is my girlfriend.. Yoona..” Sooyoung said, eyes glued on her father, keeping her cold face “and I have nothing more to tell you..”

“Girlfriend?” Mr.choi’s lips curved slightly, seems more like a mocking smile “so you don’t really learn from your past, do you?”

Sooyoung went quiet over her father’s words, she is just not really prepared to go against her father, not now… her mind still running, trying to get the right word to say.

No, she can’t lose it.. she can’t lose Yoona..

 

“Dad..” Sooyoung mumbled lowly “I love her..” she said, staring right into Mr.Choi’s “I really do..” she added “I’ve never ask anything from you.. I always go with your words.. I always doing whatever you want..”

“So.. can you.. please, just this time.. going with mine?”

The old man saying nothing, his daughter’s pleading look seems not moved him at all, as he leaned closer to the table, taking a black map and pushed it to his daughter.

Sooyoung took it slowly, before her eyes widened in surprise.

“What is this?” she eyed her father, making all three girls only wondering what happened, or what Sooyoung saw in the map

“What does this mean?” Sooyoung questioned, obviously surprised by what she read “you—you own the café and the land?”

Sooyoung’s words bring her bestfriend and her sister in the same surprise, wondering what Mr.Choi will do this time.

“It’s a fake document..” Mr.Choi answered, leaning back to his seat “but I’m more than sure.. if I brought that to the court..” Mr.Choi added “I definitely will win the trial..”

“..how could you do that..” Sooyoung mumbled lowly, tears threatened to fall any second.

“I haven’t do anything, Soo..” Mr.Choi replied, having both hands intertwined in front of her tummy with each elbows resting on the chair’s side “what you’re about to say right now.. will decided what I am about to do in the future..”

And with that, Sooyoung’s heart already crashed into pieces, wounded badly from her precious broken.. it’s just too much..

“..how could you do that to me?” the tall brunette mumbled, tears start falling, blurred her sight “..why? why you always do this?”

“I can give you everything much better than you expected.. you should stop messing your life with some random woman..”

“She is not just some random woman.. she is the woman your daughter is in love with.. the woman that your daughter loves, just too much!”

“Love?” Mr.Choi scoffed “you still believe that thing existed?” he stared right into his daughter’s “do you think she loves you?”

“What if she does? Will you-..”

“No..” Mr.Choi cut “I won’t listen to any crap from you..” he added “I want you to break your relationship with her..”

“Dad..” Sooyoung called wearily “please, can’t-..”

“And I’m arranging a marriage for you already..”

“Dad!!” Soojin voiced, stepping closer to her father’s desk “you can’t always do what you want! You-..”

“Uncle Choi-..”

“Sooyoung..” Mr.choi cut “you’re going to marry Taec in two weeks..”

The news already scattered what’s left inside the brunette’s, leave her nothing but pain..

 

No.. if she can fix it, she would just do everything she can.. she is already broken, right? scattered.. and stepping on that won’t make any difference..

So, if she can throw her pride, just to keep her love.. so be it.. and maybe if dumping all that left on her will make her father give up, so let it be..

And what she does next, making all eyes except Mr.Choi surely widened in surprise.. Tiffany, Yuri, and Soojin never expect the tall brunette to do such things, it would never, ever crossed their mind, as seeing the tall brunette crumpled down, standing on her knees.

It’s Choi Sooyoung, she would rather keeps her pride than to beg on her knees, she would rather do whatever the old man said than doing such useless thing, like pleading..

“Soo!!” Soojin run to her sister, embracing the younger Choi tightly, with Tiffany and Yuri followed after, having the same position as the brunette, trying to calm their bestfriend.

With both hands on her thighs, head bended down slightly before she lifted it up, meeting her father’s eyes, she mumbled “..i beg you, dad..” she whispered wearily, tears keep on running down “..i beg you..”

The old man, standing from her seat, but turning her back on his daughters, from either Sooyoung who stared at her with sad pleading eyes, or Soojin with her hatred eyes “tomorrow..” he said, pretending not to see the brunette “if tomorrow you don’t break your relationship..” he added “I will send the paper to the court..”

“I beg you..” and that’s Tiffany who already on tears, followed by her girlfriend “we beg you, uncle Choi..”

“Can’t you give her a chance? Can’t you-..”

“You may leave now..” Mr.Choi said coldly, not even turned back to the girls “we have finished our conversation..”

Sooyoung’s hands which placed on her thigh, gripping tightly that her knuckles become white..

She is mad.. she is hurt.. she is disappointed.. and out of all, she is just too much broken..

“Have you.. have you ever see me as your daughter?” Sooyoung asked, her voice cracked, wiping her tears with the back of her palm harshly “..or you just see me as one of your employee?”

The room get into a dead silent, when Sooyoung broke it with her bitter chuckle “so, that’s it..”

“..fine..” she mumbled “as you wish.. Mr.Choi..” and with that, the brunette stood up, storming out from the room.

-----

 

To: Yoona

Yoon.. can we talk? I will wait for you at hotel, at 7?

 

Yoona smiled all day, only by a simple massage from her love, even hyoyeon can’t stop teasing her boss.

Driving her small car which own by her and her sister, Yoona drove to her girlfriend’s hotel, too excited.

She got the card key from her lover the last time she slept over there, Sooyoung gave the card in case Yoona would like to visit her some other time, and so, she doesn’t have to wait for Sooyoung to get inside her room.

Yoona opened the door, but she can hear voices from the living room.

Making her way to the living room, her eyes widened in surprised, dropping the card key, and she can feel her heart crushed, broken, along with the falling tears.

It’s her girlfriend, Sooyoung, sitting on what she calls her bestfriend’s lap.. they’re kissing.. on the couch…

Worse, Sooyoung is straddling on the tall man’s lap, arms circling around his neck, letting the man flooding kisses on her neck, with Sooyoung buried her face on the man’s neck.

Sooyoung is not even lifting her head from the man’s neck, maybe not realizing Yoona’s presence, or maybe pretended like she doesn’t feel Yoona’s presence.

Yoona’s world seems to fall to its deepest, cannot take any of that, without saying a word, she left the place, leaving along with her shattered heart.

 

“Shh..” Taecyeon calmed the girl in his embrace the moment he heard the loud bam from the front door, stopping whatever he did earlier.

“Soo..” he called the girl, running his fingers between his bestfriend’s hair, feeling her neck badly wet, from the brunette’s tears, even dumping her shirt.

He doesn’t even know what to do, simply doing what his bestfriend asked her earlier, and it just hurt him so much, seeing the girl broken in tears.

“…It’s hurt..” Sooyoung whispered, and Taecyeon can feel Sooyoung’s grip on his shirt tightened, that really, her bestfriend in a great pain “..it hurt… so much..”

Having nothing to say, he doesn’t even know what to do, he can do nothing when he knows, the only person who can fix his bestfriend just running out from her, maybe, stepping out from her life either..

And what escapes the brunette lips hurt him more that how it already was.

Drenched in tears, with that pain on her chest, wishing to be numb, she whispered wearily “..i wish.. I can just end it all.. now..”