chap 15

Missing You

Yoona’s eyes are wandering around the café, trying to find a certain tall figure, but her tall girlfriend is nowhere to be seen. She took a glance at the clock that hanging on the wall behind the cashier table, noticing that it’s already break time, some worker will take turn to have their lunch, either in the staff room or in the kitchen.

Yoona made her way toward the kitchen, thinking that she might see the tall brunette having her lunch there, but she just found some other worker sitting there.

Yoona then walked into the staff’s room, hoping that her girlfriend will be there. And upon seeing yoona when the door opened, sooyoung immediately stood up from her seat, ready to go out.

“Soo..” yoona called softly, grabbing her arm before sooyoung can walk further “can we talk?” she asked, trying to meet their eyes, which completely failed.

“I-I need to w-work.. yoona..” she answered, taking another step closer to the door.

Yoona’s tightened her grip on the tall latter’s arm. She took step inside the room, pushing the tall girl with her body in process, before she can close the door using her back and lean on it, preventing her girlfriend to go out.

“Soo…” yoona called softly, still trying to meet the tall girl’s gaze.

Sooyoung sighed, her eyes wondering around the room.

“Talk to me…” yoona said “are you mad about me asking you-..”

“No..” sooyoung cut.

“So what? are you upset?” she asked, frustrated.

“N-no.. I just..”

“Talk to me, soo..” yoona said.

“…I’m just doing what you asked…” sooyoung mumbled, almost whispering, looking down at her feet.

“I’m asking you to make our relationship in secret for a while.. but what you are doing is completely avoiding me…” yoona said, frustrated. And another silent reply from the tall brunette.

“Soo..” yoona called, placing her hand on the latter cheek, lifting her face to meet their eyes “talk to me..”

“..I..”

Sooyoung was about to talk, when a sudden voice from the door interrupted. The door opened, and hyoyeon took a peak inside the room.

“..are you busy?” hyoyeon asked hesitantly, sensing the weird mood inside the room.

“Why?” yoona voiced, trying not to sound annoyed.

“..mm.. the café need help.. it’s getting crowded..” hyoyeon answered, still eyeing both figures at turn, including yoona’s grip on sooyoung’s arm.

“Can you ask other in the kitchen?” yoona asked back.

“…well.. fi-..”

“I will go out…” sooyoung cut, making two other figures having their eyes on her.

“We haven’t finished talking..” yoona said firmly, clearly refusing to let the talk go unfinished.

“..mm..” hyoyeon eyed both figure, and she can feel somehow the tensed atmosfer, completely noticing that there is something wrong between the two figures “..i think I will just go to the kitchen now..” she said, before silently closing the door, leaving the room in another silent.

“Soo..” yoona called tiredly “please stop av-..”

“I need to help outside.. boss..” the tall girl said, seems unaware for her words. Yoona in the other hand quite startled from her girlfriend’s words, unconsciously loosen her grip on sooyoung’s arm, and taking the chance, she left the room swiftly.

What? did she just call me.. boss?” yoona’s eyes glued to her girlfriend who is now taking costumer’s order.

“I should really stop this..” she mumbled “I should stop this before it get worsen...” yoona sighed, before making her way to the other costumer “I’m not going to give you even a second to walk further from me..”

-----

 

It’s 6.30 already, the café already closed, and some employees just do some cleaning before they went home. The café usually opened longer at weekend.

Sooyoung sat on the long chair in the staff room, doubting if she should go upstairs now or not, along with three other workers who are packing their things on the locker.

“Hey, soo.. we are going out today..” hyomin said, flashing a small smile “do you want to tag along?”

“Hmm?”

“Yeah.. it would be fun with you..” hara added, grinning.

“Yeahh.. come on soo! You never go out with us..” eunjung added excitingly “we might go to the karaoke or the cinemas to watch the new movie and have a late dinner party among us!”

“..hmm.. well…” sooyoung hesitant, thinking what to reply.

“Or..” hara walked closer to sooyoung’s seat “how about a date only with me?” she asked, giving a small smile, and let out a soft chuckle when seeing the tall girl avoiding her eyes awkwardly.

“I’m joking…” hara added “but… really.. go out with us!! Come on, soo!!”

Sooyoung gave a warm smile “well.. it sounds fun.. i-..”

“She is not going anywhere..” a voice interrupted their conversation.

Every eye in the room turned their head to the door, only to find their boss walking closer to their side.

“I need to talk.. to my girlfriend..” yoona said, making all eyes darted to her, quite startled with what she just said, while standing right in front of the tall latter, staring right into her eyes. And sooyoung can only stayed still, trying not to meet anyone gaze.

“W-what?” hara asked, in case she misheard yoona’s words.

“I have some thing to finish with my girlfriend..” yoona said, turning slightly to look at her employee “so.. she can’t go with you all..” she gave a lip-tight smile, which seems a force one, before she turned back to the tall brunette “right, sooyoungie…” yoona said sweetly, taking the tall girl hand, and holding it tightly.

“Let’s go upstairs..” yoona said, bending herself slightly, leaning closer to sooyoung’s face, her hand caressing sooyoung’s cheek while planting a quick peck on her lips, completely showing that sooyoung is hers, and all the employees only looking at the scene in front of them, without saying a word.

And sudden act from yoona which make the tall girl stiffened and blushing hard. Yoona just kissed her in front of other people. And she stayed there, not knowing what to do. But still, she can feel her heart losing its beat, making it hard for her to breath.

“Let’s go..” yoona said, dragging her girlfriend with her, and when they walked through the other employees, yoona bid her goodbye and not forgetting to give a small smile.

-----

 

Yoona dragged her girlfriend to the living room upstairs, and sooyoung hasn’t even say a word since then. She pushed the tall brunette slowly to the couch, letting the tall girl sitting there and immediately straddling on sooyoung’s lap, her hands both placed on the couch behind the tall girl going through her neck, definitely having a strong posture to prevent her girlfriend from leaving.

And sooyoung, who is surely surprised with what the latter does, having another stiffen body. She can feel her face heated up when yoona’s face growing closer to hers.

“..y-yoona.. e-er..”

And before she could speak, yoona pressed her lips on sooyoung’s lips. It went gently at first, but slowly it got heated when sooyoung’s wrapping arms around yoona’s waist pull her closer, telling each other how much they miss this, the kiss, the closeness, the hug, the warmth, just how much they miss each other.

They pulled out from the kiss when having hard time breathing.

Yoona, refusing to let go this moment, pressing her forehead with the tall girl, having her eyes closed, and they can feel each other hot breath brushed against their face.

“Soo.. we need to talk..” yoona said under her breath.

And just a simple word from yoona but it got worse on sooyoung.

“…I-I’m r-really sorry..” the tall girl stuttered “i-it my fault.. I w-won’t do that a-again.. I will s-stop avoiding you, y-yoona.. I-I.. I-I j-just..”

“Stop apologizing..” yoona cut, bringing her hands on the tall girl’s cheeks, cupping it with both her hands “it’s not your fault, soo..” she added, trying to meet their gaze “we really need to talk to work things out..”

“..i-I know i-it’s my fault.. i-I s-shouldn’t do that.. i-I p-promise you t-to stop d-doing that..” sooyoung said, trying to push her girlfriend aside slowly, wanting to stand up.

“You’re not going anywhere, soo..” yoona said, staying still on sooyoung’s lap, her eyes darted right into sooyoung’s wandering eyes,

Yoona sighed, pulling her girlfriend into a hug, letting sooyoung buried her face on her chest, and she can feel sooyoung hug tightened, before it slowly loosen itself.

“As much as you hate this kind of talk.. you know we still have to go through this.. right?” yoona said, her fingers brushing sooyoung’s hair softly “please, soo.. let’s talk..”

There is a moment of silent, before she can feel sooyoung nodded her head slightly on her chest, and taking that as an answer, yoona starts speaking.

“Are you mad about me asking you to hide our relationship?” she asked, and the tall girl shaking her head, still having her face buried on her girlfriend’s chest.

“Are you annoyed?” yoona asked another question, which earn the same gesture from the tall girl.

“Are you upset?” yoona asked again. There is a moment of pause, before sooyoung shaking her head weakly.

“You’re upset..” yoona sighed, taking sooyoung hesitant gesture as an answer.

“..n-no…” sooyoung mumbled, still refusing to stare back at her girlfriend.

“Then what?”

“.. i-I j-just..”

“Soo..” yoona called softly, wanting the tall brunette to stop hiding her face “look at me..” and slowly sooyoung broke the hug with her had down.

“Soo..” yoona cupped the tall brunette face, meeting their gaze “I’m sorry..” she said sincerely “you know, the moment you left me that morning without finished our conversation, I immediately regret about hiding our relationship..”

“I should at least discussed about this before asking you to do so.. I shouldn’t decided things on my own when it involved both of us.. I should have ask and listen to your opinion first.. and I’m really sorry for making you upset..” yoona added.

“..I-i.. i-i..”

“It’s okay..” yoona said after seeing her girlfriend wordless “I can understand that…” caressing sooyoung’s cheeks with her hands which still cupping the tall girl’s face.

“So..” yoona said, giving a warm smile “am I forgiven?” and still losing her words, the tall girl giving a nod, like a little kid. And seeing that, yoona let out a soft chuckle.

“You’re seriously too adorable..” she said before pulling her girlfriend for a passionate kiss.

And after another passionate kiss, they stay in each other’s arms, with yoona buried her face on sooyoung’s neck.

“..a-about o-our relationship..” sooyoung voiced “d-do y-you still want to.. h-hide it?”

“After I kiss you in front of them?” yoona questioned, lifting her head with furrowed brows.

“..w-well.. I c-can tell them t-that y-you’re joking..” sooyoung answered.

“And you think they will trust you?”

“..m-mm.. I-I…” seeing how the tall girl trying hard to find any answer, yoona let out another soft chuckle.

“Let them know..” yoona said, her arms wrapping securely around sooyoung’s neck “I even want to tell every person in the world about us..” she said “so that they will know that you’re mine..”

“And.. speaking about them…” yoona eyed her girlfriend “I just made hara into my black list for flirting with my girlfriend..” she added, leaning closer to the tall girl’s face, shortened the gap between them.

“B-but s-she said t-that she is j-joking..” sooyoung’s face redden.

“I don’t care..” yoona answered “do you know how jealous I was right there?” yoona exclaimed, making the tall girl blushing worsen.

“You’re mine, sooyoungie..” she said sweetly, giving a naughty smile “and only mine..” she added before pulling the tall brunette into another sweet long passionate kiss.