chap 7

Missing You

It is just another working day, and since the café is in the less crowded hour, sooyoung boringly doing some cleaning around. It is already her first day on the fourth week, and everything seems to work out pretty well.

She gets better about doing her job each day, and she becomes closer with another worker. Aside from that, because of her out going personality and her unbelievable knowledge, there are a lot of regular costumer who like her so much, from kids, teenagers, and even elder tent to go there and sitting there for hours while having a simple chat with her, of course not when in the crowded hours.

And yoona doesn’t even bother to scold her worker. Many costumer actually comes there by themselves because they feel lonely and when they come to the café, they become happier because there will be people who can have a chat with them. And that’s what makes yoona’s café well known in that region.

In other side, sooyoung is actually become less awkward around the café owner, even sometimes she will still find herself shuttering when the girl start teasing her playfully. But she feels even happier that she can get closer to yoona.

 Even if she is handling two jobs at the same time, she can never miss a day not to have a little chat with the doe eyes girl. No matter how busy she is, she will make time to do a simple sweet gesture to the other girl. And no matter how exhausted she is, she will always find herself become energetic when seeing the girl.

And, as usual, after finished doing some cleaning, sooyoung lazily stand behind the cashier table. That spot become her favorite spot lately, because, from that spot, she can stare clearly at a certain someone. Yeah, a girl who fill her dreams every night, a girl who she can’t stop thinking about, a girl who she is falling for.

And there she is, the doe eyes girl who is sitting while doing some report about café inventory seriously. She is wearing her glasses which make her seems attractive. She seems to ignore small noises from other workers, thinking that it’s okay to chat since the café isn’t really crowded, drowning into her report.

Sooyoung swears, she can even staring at the girl for hours, or days, or even more if a voice didn’t interrupted her and bring her back to reality.

“Can’t you become more obvious?” hyoyeon asked, giving the tall girl a playful smirk.

“W-what d-do y-you mean?” sooyoung said, facing the shorter girl, but refusing to look into her eyes.

After almost a month working at the café, she gets closer to all the workers there, included the other owner’s girlfriend. Even in her first day the short girl yelled at her, she is actually one of the kindest workers there, well except for her hobby who likes teasing anyone around her. Yeah, her hobby, and that’s what she is doing to sooyoung right now.

“Well, if you didn’t notice it, I just caught you staring at our boss with a sweet smile plastered on your face.” She said, still smirking.

“I-I d-don’t u-understand…” sooyoung turned her body to the flat computer in front her, and pretending to be busy doing things.

“Oh, come on..” hyoyeon sits on a high chair just beside the tall girl “you like her, don’t you?” she has her brows up and down playfully.

“W-who d-do y-you mean, hyo?”

“Well, who else that you’re staring at..” she said, obviously enjoyed teasing the tall girl.

“I-it’s n-not l-like t-that..” sooyoung now trying to think to get out from this situation. “i-I j-just..”

“Falling in love with her?” hyoyeon tilted her head and caught the tall girl blushing hard.

Hyoyeon giggled “Gosh.. why you’re so easy to read..” she stated, still trying not to make loud noises.

“I-if y-you’re t-that b-bored, can’t y-you find anything t-to do?” sooyoung asked, trying to hide her embarrassment.

“Like what?” hyoyeon chuckled

“Y-you k-know, s-spend y-your time w-with your g-girlfriend..”

“She is busy in the kitchen..” She answered, let out another chuckled, before staring at the tall girl with an evil smirk “besides, I just find this really interesting..”

Sooyoung sighed, trying to ignore the short girl.

“Why do you even bother to hide you feeling?” hyoyeon asked, folding her arms on the cake’s display glass, her eyes still glued on the tall girl “do you even think that she doesn’t know?”

“What?” sooyoung has a surprised looks on her face “does she know about me falling in love with her?” she blurted out unconsciously. Upon realizing what she just said, her face become even redder, turned her face back to the flat computer, awkwardly pretending to be busy, while the choding already giggled.

“I think there is a thin line between stupid and innocent..” hyoyeon state, still giggling.

“W-what?” sooyoung turned, looking back at her friend worker.

“I really don’t know whether you’re just too innocent or stupid” she said in disbelief “Gosh… with your obvious behavior, do you think she won’t find out?” hyoyeon chuckled, raising one her brow.

“S-so, s-she k-knows a-about my f-feeling a-already?” sooyoung asked.

“Hmm..” hyoyeon sighed “I’m actually not really sure, since she never mentioned about that..” she said which make the other girl sighed in relieved.

“But..” the short girl added “there is a big chance that she already know, since all the worker here know about your feeling..”

“All the workers here know?” sooyoung asked, giving another surprised look.

Hyoyeon stared at the tall girl, amazed “well, choi sooyoung, how come they don’t find out if you’re showing it frankly?” she let another chuckled.

“B-but.. i-I d-don’t…”

“You’re staring at her every time you do nothing..” hyoyeon cut “you’re giving that sweet gesture only towards her, like asking if she is tired, offer to do her job for her, made her tea when she is busy doing her report, and all other simple things which you’re only doing towards our boss..” she stated.

“Not to mention that you’re having that sweet smile every time you are staring at her..” she continued “or how you become excited and extremely happy when she is around you..” she pause for a another chuckled “and do you really need me to list all the things to prove that?” she gave a meaningful smile.

Sooyoung sighed “d-do you t-think she will get mad and fired me because of this?”

“Hmm?”

“Well, I-I m-mean, d-do you think she finds me annoying or I make her become uncomfortable around me?”

“I don’t think so..” hyoyeon said “and, honestly, I even think that she is enjoying your attention..”

“Really?” sooyoung asked excitedly, her eyes become round, and a sign of happiness clearly written on her beautiful face, just like a little kid who comes to the amusement park for the first time.

Hyoyeon chuckled “you’re seriously funny..” she said “no matter yoona find you interesting and even attracted to you even just meeting you and knowing you for days..” she thought.

“Do you really think so?” she asked the latter hopefully.

“Yeah..” hyoyeon chukled and just nodding her head slightly.

“It’s good then..” she said happily while turning back to the flat computer.

Sensing hyoyeon stare st her, sooyoung turned back to the short girl “why?” she asked, smiling.

“Do you want me to help you?” she asked the tall girl.

“For what?” she asked the latter back innocently “I already finished with this..” she point to some bills which she just finished checking.

“About yoona, of course..”

“H-helping m-me f-for w-what?”

“When are you decided to confess?” hyoyeon smiled evilly while staring at the tall girl.

“W-what a-re y-you t-talking about?” a pink shade slowly appear on her cheeks again. It seems like she can’t stop blushing these days.

“So, you’re not planning to make her yours?” hyoyeon asked ignoring the latter question. “you’re not planning to stare at her secretly forever, right?”

“N-no, I m-mean y-yes… err, I-i…” she tried to calm herself, by shifting her gaze to the flat computer again, trying to think and said whatever cross her minds “I-I m-mean, I-I’m j-just a worker here…” she said whispering “a-and, a-am I-I e-even d-deserve…”

“Oh, come on..” hyoyeon cut her “don’t give me such excuse..” she added “I’m a worker here too, but I’m the girlfriend of this café owner…” she stated, having her brows up and down playfully “you know, love does exceed every differences..” she said, grinning.

“Besides, it won’t be hard for her to fall for you..” she added

“Why?” sooyoung asked

Should I tell her that I think yoona is maybe slowly falling for her too? well, that stupid boss actually just do almost the same as this stupid model-like girl..”

“Well..” hyoyeon said “I just think so..” without giving any further information.

Sooyoung sighed.

“Don’t worry..” she stand from her seat, patting the tall girl’s shoulder “I just decided that I will help you to make her your girl..” she gives the latter a playful smile, before left the place to find her girlfriend, leaving the tall girl behind who is still blushing hard after hearing hyoyeon words…