chap 28

Missing You

These past days seems like hell for Sooyoung..

She can’t get a certain women out from her mind. That she doesn’t even have any will to do anything..

She can’t sleep..

She can’t eat..

Everything she does remind her of the girl, the woman that she loves just too much..

And it worsen the pain that she feels..

It hurt too much, but she is standing still, giving a fake smile as how she managed to master every time people ask how she is doing.

 

Since the day she stepped on LA, Taecyeon’s family actually already offered the tall brunette to stay with them. But Sooyoung politely refused, saying that she will just stay in the hotel where the wedding will be held.

And Taecyeon’s family let the tall girl stays in the hotel, while someday will call the girl to their house for lunch or dinner.

Taecyeon’s family is really good to her, they treated her like their own daughter, inviting over to their house so that the brunette won’t get lonely, making sure the brunette gets her breakfast, lunch and dinner, even if sometime the don’t know that it didn’t end up being eaten by Sooyoung.

Taecyeon’s mother even will call Sooyoung once in a while, asking how she is doing and maybe if she want to get out together somewhere..

It does make Sooyoung feels guilty at some point..

That she thinks, maybe it would be better if she does really in love with her bestfriend..

But she doesn’t..

And she can’t..

Not when someone already occupied that heart of hers.. not when someone already fills her dreams.. not, not when her heart already beating for someone else..

 

For Taecyeon, he is trying his best not to leave her soon-to-be-wife’s side. He is trying hard not to let the brunette drown into her deepest thought.

Keeping her accompany everyday..

Even though, for sure, he knows the truth, the painful truth that he is not the owner of her bestfriend’s heart.

He knows that Sooyoung faked the smile..

He knows that even if they’re spending their time together, Sooyoung’s thought would never be filled about him.

He knows that Sooyoung only made excuses not to spend more time with him..

He knows that Sooyoung would making up excuses to go back to the hotel and ended up spending her day crying all day and night.

He knows that in the end, Sooyoung’s heart would never be him..

He can see all that guilt over Sooyoung’s face, marrying him when she doesn’t look at him more than a brother. And no matter how many times Taecyeon tried to ignore that, pretending that he didn’t see that, it’s just too hard for him to see his bestfriend being in that much pain.

Sometime he wishes that he can just being selfish, ignoring all that feeling, Sooyoung’s pain, and pretending like they’re the happiest couple on earth.

He shouldn’t care, right?

Not when he knows that in less than an hour, Sooyoung will become him, the woman he is in love with for years will finally become him..

He shouldn’t feel bad, right?

But the only thought that covered his mind is, will he able to get her brunette be the happiest person on earth as how he will vow later..

He shouldn’t feel guilty, right?

Maybe in the coming years in the future, Sooyoung will learn to love him like how he does.. but who can bet it that far? What if Sooyoung’s heart never changed..

 

And there he is, finding himself standing in the bride’s waiting room, the room that he doesn’t suppose to be right now.

But he is just too worried.. and broken..

Aside that he needs to hold all that broken and pain, he has to deal with a silent rejection, from the girl he is standing in front of right now.

Sooyoung doesn’t even realize that she is not the only person in the room anymore. She becomes deaf from her surrounding, blind, with every part from her broken heart, wishing that is another dream..

Even both her bestfriends tried their best to cheer the girl up, but all Sooyoung’s gives is the very same smile, that weak smile. She is just not into the mood..

Taecyeon stepped closer to the big couch in the room. The spacious room filled by some furniture to get the bride comfortable before her vow, to make sure that she can calm herself from that killing nerves, that room which supposed to fill with uncountable smiles.

But the only person who should fill it right at the moment seems to lost in her thought, and everybody can tell that she is obviously not into celebrating something.

Taecyeon stopped right beside the tall brunette, sitting beside her and his gentle voice bring her back from her deep thought.

Taecyeon even lost word to describe what he saw.. he is sure that nothing is worth enough to compare to her bestfriend’s beauty..

He swore, in that white wedding dress, Sooyoung is just too breathtaking, and she is sure, the beautiful bride he ever seen..

Someone who can get everyone just giving up on anything.. just to live forever with her..

“..Soo..”

Sooyoung seems startled when seeing her bestfriend already sitting beside her “..hey..” she smiled, and Taecyeon can see that weak tired smile Sooyoung always gives lately “..you’re not supposed to be here, you know..”

Taecyeon let out a soft giggle “I can’t wait to see how beautiful my bestfriend can get..” he replied “and you sure.. never disappoint me..”

Sooyoung chuckled softly “thank you…”

“You don’t know how much of that people out there would like to kill me to get my place..”

“You’re exaggerating..” Sooyoung giggled softly.

“I don’t even want you to step out from this room, knowing that their mind would immediately filled with that dirty thought..”

Sooyoung giggled, raising her brows “are you not done yet?” earning another soft chuckle from her bestriend.

 

Silence fell into the room for quite some time, letting both person drown into their own thought, before Taecyeon took Sooyoung’s hand, intertwining their fingers as still sitting side by side.

“..Soo..” Taacyeon called.

“Hmm?” Sooyoung turned, meeting her bestfriend’s gaze.

“..have you.. thought about running from the wedding?”

“..I do..” Sooyoung whispered carefully. There is no use in lying to her bestfriend. They know each other for years.

“..then.. are you going to do it now?”

“No..”

“Why?”

“If I run.. I will get Yoona into trouble.. and I definitely don’t want that to happen..”

“Then.. why don’t you ask her to run with you?”

“She has family, Taec..” Sooyoung mumbled silently “and I don’t want to cause more trouble into her family just because I’m being selfish..”

A small smile appeared on Taecyeon’s face as he raised his other hand, caressing Sooyoung’s face lovingly, the only feeling that up to this time, her bestfriend still failed to notice.

“You’ve grown up..” he said “when Jessica left, all you did was locking yourself up in your room, making a mess, blaming your surrounding until tiffany and yuri can finally persuaded you to go back into your sense..” Teacyeon added “I never know that Yoona.. can turned you into a.. woman..”

“She is different..” Sooyoung smiled as the picture of the woman she is longing for flooding her mind.

“I can see that..” Taecyeon gave a soft smile as looking at how a certain name can bring that loving smile back on Sooyoung’s face “up to this second, I still can’t understand it..”

“You don’t understand it.. you feel it..”

“Really Sooyoung?! You do really surprised me with your words sometimes..”

“You will surprise to know what love can do..”

“I see..”

“I guess.. love does make people crazy.. and doing silly things..”

“Yes, it does, and you will always find it worth doing.. for it will get your impossible wishes or your deepest dreams coming true..”

“Or sometimes it just won’t work like how you wish..” Sooyoung mumbled, slowly her smile faded.

“It does, Sooyoung.. it does.. maybe you just need to wait for the right time.. or waiting for the miracle to do its works..” Taecyeon assured, caressing the brunette’s cheek.

“I doubt it..” Sooyoung mumbled weakly, wearing a sad smile “maybe even miracle chose who is worth for its works..”

“Soo-..”

“Because it doesn’t happen on me..”

“Don’t lose hope, Soo..” He said, giving a small smile “because in the end, you will always find it worth having for..”

Sooyoung gave a small smile by her bestfriend’s word “I feel blessed having you as my bestfriend..” Sooyoung said, pulling the tall man into a warm hug.

Taecyeon smiled, hugging the brunette back “and in the end, even if your heart never been mine.. I would never regretted ever falling in love with you..”

Taecyeon pulled from the hug, staring at Sooyoung’s face for a moment before planting a soft kiss on the brunette’s temple, her nose, and her lips.

Sooyoung is quite surprise from the last kiss, it just something that Taecyeon never did, Taec never went to her lips, but she smiles still..

“It’s 10 minutes before the ceremony starts..” Taecyeon said, standing up from the couch “I will wait you outside, okay?” he smiled, getting a nod from his bestfriend before he went out.

 

Sooyoung stood up from the couch, walking near the big mirror, but all she sees that picture of hers and her love, no, she can’t cry now.. she can’t..

So instead of wasting more time in the room alone which she knows can make her tears up, she decided to walk out from the room to the big ballroom, where the wedding will be held.

Meeting two of her bestriends in front of the room, she gave a small smile before letting the two women help her to walk into her wedding.

They are walking to the front door of the ballroom, already standing there Sooyoung’s father, but Sooyoung doesn’t even greet nor give a smile. She quietly hooked her arm into her father’s, letting the old man brings her to walk her down the aisle.

Sooyoung is walking silently, wearing a small smile as she saw her two bestfriends already standing on the other side of the front room.

But something missing.

Taecyeon is not there.. the man who is supposed to stand there before she came, is not there.

Sooyoung turned slightly, glancing at her father who is wearing that expressionless face until now, before shifting to both her bestfriend who get the silent stare and mouthed “just wait..”

Sooyoung nodded anyway.. she just doesn’t care..

She just want this day to end as soon as possible..

Even if it means she will tears up the moment she steps out from the room..

 

Sooyoung stood up in the front of the ballroom with sweet melodies from the piano along, getting all eyes on her, but having her back on her guests, doesn’t even care about whispers along them, setting her eyes in front.

It’s another five minutes when she feels and hears the whispers getting louder, but she doesn’t even bother to turn around. Maybe Taecyeon just walked inside the room.

It’s when she feels that someone getting closer to her that she managed to turn slightly. She was about to throw a playful joke in a whisper to lift their mood when her eyes widened in surprise as soon as her eyes landed on that familiar figure.

No, it’s not Taecyeon..

That person, not identical, but wearing a similar white wedding dress as hers, standing stunningly beautiful in front of her.. ridiculously as beautiful as hers, getting her mind blank in second.

Sooyoung swore, her heart beats increased in second as the girl walking closer to her. Her mind is trying to get to its work, getting whatever happened right now to her sense.

“Baby?” the girl called lovingly, wearing a sweet smile, caressing the taller brunette’s cheek.

That’s when Sooyoung comes back into her sense, whispered unbelievingly “..Yo-yoona?”