Chapter 43

The Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay walked beside Rian even though they still need to settle the business they have yet to talk about. They decided to cool the atmosphere at Kris' house since it's a reunion that they don't want to ruin and realized they should be happy and talk about their business until they arrive back to their house using public transport but Lay couldn't stand of not being able to talk to Rian.


“Can we.. talk?” Lay asked through a whispered as they were about to enter the train station. Rian stuffed her hands in her jacket's pocket because it was still chilly due to the rain and turned her face towards Lay whogrin his teeth in anticipation. “Sure..” Rian answered while puffing her cheeks.

“Listen.. I'm glad that I'm going to be a father to a child, our child.” Lay explained after taking a seat on the bench in the park they walked to get to Kris' house. “I just didn't know what to react because I'm scared, Rian.” Lay looked down the ground and stared at the small puddle. “I'm scared that I will become a father who fail looking after his child or I'm afraid that he or she will dislike me.” Lay added while Rian took his chin in her hands to have eye-contact with him, “It's okay.” Rian smiled.

“Why would our child hate you?” Rian asked a similar question that Kris had asked Lay, “If there is any reason a child will hate you, it will probably be because you are becoming dumb and dumber.” Rian chuckled when she saw Lay's reaction, “Our child wouldn't be able to hate you because you are a gentle and a kind man.” Rian reasoned while Lay eyes widen into affinity. “Besides, you are not the only one who is scared about our child.”

Lay cocked his eyebrow at Rian who gave him a soft smile. “What do you mean?” Lay asked in confusion, “Who is scared about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter