Chapter 38

The Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongin-ah, how are you?” Rian asked through the telephone after she had showered and changed into comfortable clothes meaning joggers and a white jumper. “Hmm.. I'll visit you soon, don't worry. Do you want something?” Rian asked but then sighed when she didn't get a proper answer but got a quick goodbye and then a hang up from her little brother.


Rian dropped the telephone on thenight stand and began looking through some teenage boys clothing and order pizza and lasagne for her little brother because she have realized that it was that time of the month again where she would see her little brother and give him some essentials and money since he will soon turn 18. “Who were you talking to you?” The door closed with a small thud while Rian jumped in surprised but then turned her head to the culprit who made her jumped.

“My little brother.” Rian answered while Lay took off his coat and nodded, “Ah, I see. What did you talk about?” Lay asked with his back turned in front of Rian who smiled and laid on the bed comfortably, still sore from the last night activities. “I'm... I'm going to see him today.” Rian replied causing Lay to freeze in the spot but then grinned hugely since the spy who he hired told him that Rian goes to once-a-month trip to an orphanage. “Really?” Lay asked and crashed his weight onto Rian who gasped – lack of oxygen – but then laid beside while chuckling in amusement.

Rian nodded after a while, “Can I come?” Lay asked causing Rian to turned her head sharply and narrowed her eyes at him, “Why?” Rian questioned while Lay peck her temple. “Cause, I want to meet my brother-in-law.” Lay answered in honesty – he have saw the way Rian have treated her little brother carefully like he was the most fragile jewel in the world – while Rian looked at him up and down.

“My brother... is a curious person. He may seem cold from the start because of his stare and his lips but once you get to know him, he's really warm and he cares for you.” Rian explained her brother's personality out of a blue. “You stupid. Don't you think I know?” Lay asked and flickered R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter