Ten

The Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→  ←

Grandmother Choi opened her cottage's door as she finished putting the white roses inside those pretty bouquet. “Rian?” Grandmother Choi asked as she looked up and saw her grand-daughter with a man behind, “Who is it this?” She asked as Lay and Rian entered the door, “Grand Choi, This is Lay. Haven't mother already told you about him?” Rian introduced as they sat on the wood structure of the couch inside Grandmother Choi's cottage, the furniture was all made in wood as it is the countryside.

“Ah! Is he possibly your husband-to-be?” Grand Choi asked as she sat down at the dinner table which was beside the couch. Rian nodded as she pinked, “Grandmother Choi..” Lay said, making the old woman turned her heard towards him and smiled warmly, “What is it, young lad?” she replied as she put the bouquet in a neat pile at the side. “Is it possible to get married here?” Lay asked, making Grandmother Choi stopped and stared at the two who looked down anywhere but her eyes.

“Looked at my eyes, children.” Grandmother Choi said, making the two looked up to her. “Of course! When do you want to get wed?” She asked, her wrinkles showing as she smiled and her grey hair bouncing as she walked, “Today.” Rian answered while opening her suitcase and pulling out a simply, white dress that she had bought a long time ago. “I packed it, just in case.” Rian told Lay who looked at her, “What about the 12,500 dress?” He asked, he doesn't really mind about the costs of the dress but it was his own money that he paid for it.

“It's too noticeable and everyone will probably steal when we're out.” Rian answered from her experience. “Have you ever lived here?” Lay asked as his eyes found picture frames hanging on the wall showing a child doing various activities such as picking a flower, watching the sunset and waving goodbye as a expensive car is in the background. “Lived her? She was born and raised here but sadly, she had to go.” Grandmother Choi replied as she looked at the picture frames as well, “Shall we go the church in an hour?”

Rian inhaled and exhaled as she was about to entered the door with a white dress and a small bouquet with white roses that her grandmother Choi had given, you don't want the priest to looked at your shaking hands.

Rian smiled at her grandmother's humour, comforting her as she walked the altar with the priest, Lay waiting for her and her grandmother at the side. 4 of them were the only people as everyone was busy enjoying the festival. “The 7th of August, 2013.” The priest started as Rian and Lay faced each other, they had officially told the priest to speed up the wedding because they don't know when those spies are going to find them and exposed their plan.

 

“I do.” Rian answered while she pinked when Lay had stared at her eyes, “What about you, Yixing?” The priest speed up, not bothering to say through hardships and blah blah. “I do.” Lay answered while the priest smiled, “You may kiss the bride.” He announced, proud of himself as this is first time having someone tell him to speed up their wedding. Rian widen her eyes as Lay leaned in and kissed her cheek instead of her lips, she was expecting to get kissed on the lip but she smiled as she realized they were only marrying for business purpose. “I announced you husband and wife.” The priest broke their contact while Grandmother Choi walked to Lay and gave him a red, sungla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter