Twenty-One

The Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→  ←

The atmosphere became tense and the silence that filled the restaurant didn't help either.

It was like everyone wants to talk but they simply couldn't, the atmosphere was way too heavy until Mr Choi had cleared his throat and watched everyone drop their spoon, knives or forks to looked at him. “I just want to say that this summer will be the last one for my family. My wife and myself are getting older as a day pass by and we felt very stressed to not know what's happening in our company.” Mr Choi announced and Mrs Choi to smile in apology.

“But I hope this is not the last one for the younger generation to go to a vacation together. I hope they will bond in this summer and be like us when they grow up.” Mrs Choi added while Lay's parents nodded in understandable and the Kwon's to pretend that they understand but were feeling opposite in the inside.

Mrs Zhang smiled, “Of course. I hope you guys won't disappoint us.” He commented and raising his glass of wine while the others followed, holding their glass up in the air and bringing it closer, “We won't disappoint you, father.” Lay smirked and bumping his glass wine to his father's glass and then to everyone until he got to Ara. He swiftly pulled his glass quickly and avoided eye-contact with Ara while Rian pulled his cheeks, “Don't be rude.”

Ara did expected Lay to retreat when he have gotten to her and avoid her eyes but she didn't expect to feel the burning stare that her parents given her. It was like they are building the wall with those laser coming out of their eyes, “Don't disappoint us.” Her mother sneered but then cover and smile at her daughter like she said something to her daughter about something humourous. It has always been like this, same old, same old.

Ara sighed in despair and met eyes with Kris who took a glance at her as he overheard what her mother have said to her. Ara sighed again but in apology, she knew that Kris wants answers from her, she always know what he wants from just looking at him because they are made of each other. He was a puzzle to her, they fit each other very well. Later on that night after they have finished all of their meals, have used the tissue to wiped any fallen crumbs or foods they have eaten and went back inside their hotel to changed into their night time clothes.

The Kwon felt very secure for now, they didn't have a home in Seoul yet since they have just moved from China since Mr Kwon wasn't going to be promoted into a super, longer delivery man but Rian's parents have talked to them on the way to the restaurant that they will be willing to buy them an apartment near a super market where they could sell fresh vegetables and just opened up a small business to survive.

They didn't have to pay for a stall in the super-market since the Zhang have piped in and decided to help them as well since they are after all, they are friends.

“Don't ruin someone's life anymore, Ara.” Kris whispered at Ara who sat at the beach of the balcony. Good thing, the Choi's have given a room for her and another room for her parents since it will be very hard for Kris to get into her. “I don't have a choice.” Ara whined, “What do you mean you don't have a choice?” Kris asked while sitting down beside Ara who looked at him with water puddling in her eyes, “I have to get Lay back in order for my parents to be happy again.” Ara answered, biting on her bottom lip for the water to stop rolling down on her face.

“What? What about your happiness? What a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter