Twenty-Five

The Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→  ←

As weeks past until it was their last day, Ara have succeeded at what her mother told her; sit back and relax like avoiding Lay at all cost but still have a strange relationship with Kris who always pop inside her room without her parents' knowing.

Even though Lay have agreed to her plan which was half true about the police part, she gets the feeling that his agreement have been cancelled because he have spend most of his time with Rian by his side; following and watching her all the time.

“Are you... guilty?” Kris asked with worried showing in his eyes, “Guilty on what?” Ara asked while Kris nod his way towards Lay who was scolding Rian about how messy their clothes inside the luggage was. Ara chuckle and ran her hand through her hair, “Should I be? It wasn't my choice, Kris. I am forever a slave.” Ara commented at Kris who suddenly walked away as he found that her parents were looking at him, head to toe.

“A slave that wants to help her parents.”

After putting on her seatbelt, Rian sighed in defeat – She was terribly tired and a month of vacation with her family, relatives, in-laws, in-laws' friends and her cousins were just too much for her especially when they are gathered together, they would be that awkward tension in the air because no-one wanted to talk since they are afraid of getting stares from like 24 pair of eyes.

“Why so gloomy? You were so happy in the last few days.” Lay questioned when he saw the look on his wife's face who pursed her lips and then gave him a small smile. “It's just so over-whelming for everyone to be here. It has always been my family and Sungyeol's family that comes to this regular family vacation each year but now, we have two extra family and 5 completely weird friends of yours.” Rian explained and receiving a smile as a response from Lay. 

“Weird friends of mines, huh?.. Speaking of weird!” Lay grunted as he sat on the driver's seat, “Luhan has been acting weird lately. It's like he's going into his own world and being flustered really easily makes me wonder if he's in love?”

She remembered that whenever Sooyoung was near him, he would have those small pink-tinted colour on his cheeks and get flustered whenever she would just have body-contact at him or whenever Sooyoung smiled at him. “I think so as well. Whenever Sooyo..” Rian added but stopped when she saw Luhan and Sooyoung with their hands linked, she thought she was the only who noticed it but when she heard the wolf whistle from Xiumin, she knew her hopes of being a good observer than anybody have scattered on the ground.

“Guess that answered our curiosity.” Lay suddenly whispered as he leaned towards on Rian trying to get a better view of the new couple in town. Rian blushed when she felt the heat of Lay's body which was radiating to hers – she felt weird and uncomfortable - “Lay, your too close..” Rian grumbled in annoyance causing Lay to turned his head with a smirk on his lips and kissed her fast but slowly while Rian widen her eyes and shiver in delight before closing her eyes and getting another kiss from Lay but instead of the fast and slow seconds ago, Lay have kissed her deep and gentle at the same time.

“My eyes!” Sooyoung screamed whilst covering her hands but failed to do so because she has her hands linked with Luhan and there was a huge space to see Lay and Rian kissing. “My eyes!” Sooyoung squealed causing Luhan to laughed at her behaviour, “Oh... You didn't have the same reaction when you see us kissing in front of the mirror last night.” Luhan whispered before biting Sooyoung's earlobe who hit his chest softly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter