Twelve

The Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→  ←

“Have you ever lost someone you love?” Lay asked while Rian hesitate before nodding while Lay kept hold of his expression as Rian couldn't possibly know that secret that the Choi's had told secretly his parents. “Well, you must have experience the grieve, the sadness and negative thoughts.” Lay explained, “That's what I have experience while watching you, sleeping on the hospital bed with those bandages around your head. My heart felt like there was nothing I can do but to wait patiently but I couldn't..” He added.

“To wait patiently was really hard. I have to move on, that's why I agreed to my parents to go back to China and have my education there. Even though, I wasn't beside you – You were always in my heart.” Lay smiled softly and looking down on his breakfast. “I left you because I couldn't see you any longer, laying on the bed, your eyes closed and myself, losing myself with those emotions – I don't want to feel those emotions again.” Lay whispered the last words but he felt like he would feel those emotions in the next few years because of his and his friends' activities.

Rian let out a sighed, “but.. that was the past, right?”

“The past is the past. Aren't I here right now? Married to you.” Rian laughed and taking a bite on her breakfast. 

“I have another question though.” Rian added, making Lay looked in surprised. “It's not about past but what are we going to tell our parents when we come back?”

Lay chuckled and tilt his head, “Well.. we could tell them that we needed a holiday get-away but we could always tell them the truth that we had escaped from those spies and gotten married in the countryside without them knowing?” Lay smiled at the end while Rian scowled.

“I think it's better if you just tell them the truth.”

A voice answered made Lay and Rian looked at where the voice came from and saw a girl, leaning on the door and raising her eyebrows. “Hmm, I didn't expect for you guys to get married so quickly. The last time I checked, you guys even hated to be sat beside each other and here you are.” The girl pointed at the two after she had walked quite near them and took a note at Rian's shirt. 

“Wearing his clothes, huh?” The girl asked, smiling mischiveously.

Rian rolled his eyes and took the comment cooly like her attitude, “The last time I checked, you like Lee Sungi, why do you have a scandal with Won Bin, Sooyoung-ah?” Rian asked, as Sooyoung flustered, “That was not it! Won Bin was swimming and my name means swimming, so everyone thought it was Alavan Model's Sooyoung, ME!” Sooyoung shrieked as she sat between the couple as there was an extra seat between them.

“Oh! Speaking of Alavan. Why don't you model Rian?” Lay teased while Rian shoved her breakfast on Lay's mouth, making him shut up. He already knew the answer, why did he have to question her about it. Sooyoung chuckled at the two of them as they bicker in front of her, she clicked her finger remembering she had an argument with her mother last night as well. Oh, the things she do for her little sister. The married couple stopped and turned around to Sooyoung who kept on clicking her fingers but stopped and turned her head above, smiling. “Why are you smiling about?” Rian asked while Sooyoung snapped her day-dreaming, “Aren't you two a bit stupid?”

“Excuse me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter