Two

The Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→  ←

 

Taking both of her shoes between her two hands, she felt light-headed from the running she took around her home. As she craned her head to look towards the front view of her home - tall, black metal irons bars served as gates and beyond the gates, laid precious white flowers curved around the hundred thousands water fountain. The look of horror when she heard running of shoes from where she was running from.

It's now or never, her thought before she gulped a bunch of air into her lungs and broke free from her hiding spot with her high-heels shoes in her hands. She heard clutters of cameras, saw flashes at the corner of her eyes as she expertedly pressed the password she was given by her parents and sighed in relief when the 'password-is-correct' sound rang and let her in.

Brushing her hair away from her face, she heard the metal irons gates closed with a click and she didn't dare to look back.

At entering her home, the tall, thick cemented poles greeted her sight and cold tiles came into contact with her feet making her shiver in coldness, "I need to show." she muttered with a disgust face when she looked at her dirty feet. Dropping her heels on the cold-tiles, in hopes one of the maids will put it back to her closet, she let out a sigh and began heading up the stairs.

"Rian? Is that you?" A voice trailed in the air. Rian looked up from the steps and smiled smally at her mother, "Oh my.. you look awful." Her mother commented at her appearance as Rian returned the comment with a dead-pan look, "What happened?" Rian rolled her eyes inwardly, her lips in dehydration and answered her mother, "Obviously, not the paparazzi wanted to stalk the daughter of the newly, number one most influential couple in the business world." Rian sarcastically replied before continuing to head up the stairs and to her room.

Upon entering her room, she locked the door - not wanting to talk with any of her family members because of her pissed mood - why couldn't they leave her alone? could they understand that they are the sole reason why the society is corrupted? did they get the idea that they are annoying, persistant and incredibly clingy?

Her room was expectedly neat and tidy because of her extreme personality of being organised. The walls are painted a mustardy-yellow, the floor was carpeted and the furnitures were all made by oak-wood except for the mirror wardrobe. The wall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter