Chapter 40

The Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thump, thump, thump. Kai's heart beat increased when he saw the huge apartment building near her the Alavan company. “Why did you bring me here?” Kai asked Lay who immediately went to the back door of his car and took out Kai's belongings which are only 2 luggages and one small cardboard box with were filled in with photos, school certificates and important things he kept.


“I..” Lay smiled at the man who came out of the apartment building which was the security guard and helped him brought Kai's belongings in the receptionist. “Brought you here because I figured that Rian may be looking for apartments that costs thousands each month because she may have feel quite sorry and guilty that she hadn't looked after you.” Lay replied while Kai looked up at the peak of the building and took in the architecture of the place.

“Do you own this building?” Kai asked curiously when the staff have bowed really, really respectably to him causing Lay to hesitate and shook his head. “I don't own the building, I just own one of the apartment because I figure that sometimes I need to ran away from my parents somewhere, not in public of course.” Lay answered while pressing the number of the floor his apartments are. It was the same building that him and Rian have sleep together for the first time and the first time he felt his heart creaking – wanting to fall into pieces – again.

“Does noona know this place?” Kai questioned with his eyebrow raised while Lay chuckled and nodded. “Of course. She does – It was this place where we have shared the same bed and it's not what you're thinking.” Lay replied with a smile and came out of the elevator and walked down the hallway and took out the key to give it to Kai. “W-what?” Kai stuttered when Lay placed the key on the palm of his hand. “I may have some clothes in there and it's okay for you to use because this is your apartment now.” Lay smiled softly before walking back to the elevator and leaving Kai alone – frozen and shocked.

“I get a visit and received the freedom I want.” Kai whispered when he moved his arm to cover his eyes and gritted his teeth as he cried quietly in the hallway.

“N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter