Fourteen

The Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→  ←

Kris doesn't know whether to ignore Rian or to feel sympathy towards her, as she absently looked to the other gangs that had stopped fighting and had gotten bruises, cuts and dried or fresh blood somewhere on their body. Kris shake his head as he remember the time where he had felt sympathy towards Lay's woman – He could never do that again. The grieve and the pain inside Lay had cracked his heart whenever he had received Lay's fake smiles, fake laughs.

“Aren't you supposed to be mad at me? I stole your girl and here, you are. Smiling, laughing and acting like it's okay!” Kris screamed at Lay who sat at the white, leather arm chair beside his bed. The Wu's had a social party to celebrate their success of their new brand of clothes and he had sneakily grabbed Lay to confront him.

“Are you not going to punch me? Kick me? Or anything that can make you feel better?” Kris asked looking straight to his friend's eyes who glowed in dullness and the black bags under his eyes are becoming more visible due to the fact that he had fallen asleep crying. Lay smiled at his friend and propped his elbow on the arm of the chair and narrowed his eyes, “Why should I hurt someone I love?” He asked and making Kris feel guilty and dirty.

“I couldn't. I am raised to be well-behaved and forgive people when they had done something wrong.” Lay added while Kris had gritted his teeth, he hated this side of Lay – where he is very self-composed and always pitying towards people who had taken advantaged of him easily including himself. If only she was here, Lay would act normal and burp here now and then without saying 'excuse me' or 'I'm sorry'.

When Lay had spend the next 2 years in South Korea, Lay had chang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter