Twenty-Two

The Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

→  ←

While things are happening outside, Lay and Rian have dropped their body on the bed and just laid there, hearing their breathing and the hands of the clock ticking. Rian cleared as she turned her body at the side to face Lay who watched her think and avoid his eyes until he took her chin and made her look at him, “Is there something you need to ask?” Lay whispered while moving his hands back to his side and waited for his wife patiently.

“Umm... I.. Do you...” Rian stuttered as she doesn't know how to ask him that question causing Lay to chuckle at her flustered moments, “About we take it easy. When did you get the curiosity to ask me a question?” Lay smiled while Rian sighed deeply and looked at him with concerned in her eyes, “I am quite an observant person and I am quite observant at how you acted when Mr and Mrs Kwon's daughter, Ara have arrived in the restaurant to eat dinner with us.” Rian explained while having a picture of Ara in her mind. She was indeed beautiful but her eyes stood out the most. It was alluring and simply beautiful.

Lay furrowed his eyebrows while Rian continued to talk, “I just want to know the reason of your actions when Ara have arrived. The sudden grip on my waist, you should be glad I didn't yelped since I still have that bruise you gave me and the increase of your heart beat.” Rian added making Lay smile. “I am surprised at how much attention you take to the surroundings around you and to strangers.” Lay mumbled while raising his hand and cupping Rian's cheek.

“Do you really wanna know the reason why?” Lay asked causing Rian nod at his question.

“Okay then, I'll tell you but you have to promise something.” Rian nodded while taking note the emotions swirling in Lay's eyes: sadness and possibly, regret? Why regret? “Promise me when I have told you the reason that you won't change your feelings towards me because I can't bear to lose you again.” Lay explained causing Rian to smile sadly at him, “Promise.”

Lay sighed and looked down on the bed before looking straight to Rian's eyes, “Kwon Ara. Ara was my first love.” Lay started while Rian felt her eyes twitched because she didn't want to widen her eyes. “I met her before you because of our parents. They were indeed close to the point where Ara would be dropped off to my house and we have to spend the day with each other. The more and more days she was dropped off to my house, we have took in each other's presence and decided to be friends until I realized that I have fallen in love with her.” Lay explained before looking up the ceiling. “I bought a teddy bear to give it to her as a present and when I was at her bedroom door...” Lay paused remembering the bitter memory.

“I heard Kris and Ara inside the room. I thought it was just a friendly conversation but it was an argument. Ara wants Kris to be with her while Kris doesn't want to hurt me because.. because we have been close friends and he didn't want to ruin that.” Rian closed her eyes to listen carefully and much more better to Lay, it was like a drama when she thinks about the situation right now. With Ara in the house, with Kris and Lay and her. Her. What is she going to do when Ara clings on to Lay to the point Lay give in and lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter