White Orb

Can You See Me?

AMBER's POV

 

I struggled really hard just to dodge Chungsook's attack. My eyes never left his hand that is holding the knife. He manage to make a cut on my right cheek. My friends all struggled so that they can break free.

 

"I think you luck is running out, Yiyun."he said to me with a smirk on his face.

 

"My luck is unlimited, Chungsook."I answered to him with a smirk as I wipe the blood off my face. I can see that he got annoyed on how I respond to him.

 

"I won't let you lay your hand on my Krystal ever again!"he replied to me and started to attack me.

 

"Your time had already past, she's mine now."I answered to him and decided to stop running and counter his attacks.

 

"Krys, watch me on how I will finish this punk!"he said to her.

 

"Stop it Chungsook!"she said to him as she tried to hold him but her hands just passed through."Don't provoke him,Amber."she scolded me when she turned to me..

 

"Don't worry, I won't die here."I replied to her.

 

I quickly recall all that I had learned in self defense. I mentally calm down myself. He aim to stab me on my stomach. When he the knife towards me, I quickly grab his hand and grip his wrist tightly and elbow him on his face with my other hand. It hits on his nose and he took a few steps back. He had dropped the knife and I pick it up.

 

"You are good in fighting now."he said to me as he wipe the blood that is dripping in his nose.

 

"Let's stop this pointless fight, we only have one common goal here, that is to break Krystal free from the curse."I said to him. 

 

"Fine."he answered. I didn't expect that he will change his mind this fast.

 

"Good."I mumbled and blew a sigh.

 

"You free them, give me the extract so I can mix it with the water."he said to me. I eyed him suspisciously. "What? I will still give it to Krystal, anyway."he added.

 

I handed him the bottle of extract and walk towards my friends. I can't kill Junsuk neither inflict a severe injury to him. I headed to my friends, they were all put to sleep. They are all just sitted on the floor, tied together by a rope. Their hands were tied on their back together. Their feet were tied too.  When I stoop down to cut the rope.

 

"Amber, watch out!" I heard her voice.

 

When I turn around, I saw Chungsook already staning near me. He kick me which cause me on my face which cause me to fall down on the floor. I think my jaw had cracked because of the strong force. I groaned in pain as I got up. He picked up the knife and slowly go near me.

 

"You really got easily fooled, Yiyun."he said to me.

 

"You are still an , Chungsook."I replied to him.

 

"Any last words before I cut your throat?"he said to me with a smirk on his face.

 

"Go back to hell."I answered to him and he greeted his teeth.

 

"You!"

 

I close my eyes, I can feel that death is ready to claim my soul in any minute form now. I open my eyes when I feel that someone has hugged me. My eyes widened when I saw a lot of bloood on her back. Choongsuk was taken aback, he got shocked of what happened too.

 

"Idiot, you are suppose to fight back."she said to me as she face me. The blood flow on the side of .

 

"Y-You can't die."I said to her frantically. I don't know what to do. "O-Open your eyes, keep it open." I supported her body with my arms.

 

"I already know that my death is near."she replied to me with a faint smile. "I can't let you die because of me."

 

"I told you I don't want you to die, Yiyun doesn't want you to die like this. You are a witch, heal yourself!"I said to her and I don't know why because my tears started to fall down on my cheeks.

 

"So y-you know t-that I-I am not the real, Krystal?"she asked me.

 

"The way you look at me tells me that you are Nicole."I answered to her as I force a smile. She smiled back at me weakly.

 

"I guess you win."she replied and smile weakly then slowly close her eyes.

 

She slowly trnasformed back to Nicole. Her breathing is slowly getting shorter. My attention when the white orb that I had seen on the island had suddenly appear. My eyes widened when it suddenly turned into a human figure.

 

"You did well, Amber!"he said to me with a smile. He look at Nicole lovingly which made me puzzled. He shifted his attention to Choongsuk. "Let's continue our fight, Choongsuk."he said to him.

 

"Yiyun, don't hurt Junsuk."I said to him.

 

"Don't worry, buddy. I can pull out the evil spirit from his body."he said to me. "Take care of my, Nicole."

 

Yiyun and Choongsuk fight each other. I can't believe what I am witnessing right now. I remember the herb that Grandma Im had given to me. Good thing I brought it along with me now. I pulled it out of my pocket and make Nicole eat it.

 

"Eat this, Nic."I told to her as I put a piece inside . "You need to live because I think you misunderstood something in the past."

 

She slowly chew the it inside and struggle a little to swallow it. I let her eat it all and she somewhat look better now. Yiyun buried his hand on Junsuk's body and pulled something out from it. Junsuk's unconscious body drop on the floor when Yiyun had managed to pull Choongsuk out of it.

 

"This is not our world anymore, Choongsuk."he said to him and something into Choongsuk's heart.

 

Choongsuk looks screamed in anger before he disappear. Yiyun blew out a sigh before he turn to me and Nicole. He walk closer to us and squat down. He caress Nicole's face.

 

"That herb won't work on witches, Amber."he said to me with sadness in his face. "Sorry for the trouble she brought to you."he added.

 

"She will not die, Yiyun. Look at her, she slowly looking well now."I said to him.

 

"Nic wants to be with me, she had chosen not to live anymore. You should go and find Krystal's body. It is laid under this chamber, make her drink the mixture. You have figured out what is the answer on grandma Im's riddle, right?"he replied.