Grandma's Riddle

Can You See Me?

AMBER's POV

 

Nicole's riddle is really hard. Lucky for me, I already heard about it. If there is no spell needed, then I guess letting Krystal drink the mixture of the Water of Life and extract of the Ghost Flower will do. It will brought her back to normal after she drink it.

 

"So, what's the answer?"Nicole asked me which snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

"Nothing."I answered shortly. She raise her eyebrows and then scoffed.

 

"You are lucky today, Yiyun."she said to me.

 

"Lucky indeed!" I replied and chuckled. "You have to grant me one request, right?" I continued.

 

"Yes."she answered as she nodded her head.

 

"Let's save that for later."I said to her. "So I will just let Krystal drink the water mix with the extract and the curse will be broken?" I asked her curiously.

 

"You should figure it out yourself."she said to me with a smirk. I think my brain cells are all exhausted now.

 

"I really don't have any idea about this stuff, so I guess my request is for you to tell me all the things I needed to know to break the curse." I said to her.

 

"You are really determined to help them."she said, looking a bit disappointed.

 

"Because they are innocent. I believe that they don't deserve to be cursed."I answered frankly. I hope she will not get upset or angry about this.

 

"And do you think you deserve all that happened to you?"she retorted. I can sense the anger in her voice.

 

"Fate had decided that to happen to Yiyun." I answered to her.

 

"Then, it is fate too that had decided for me to curse them."she answered back with contempt.

 

"Stop being like this, if I were Yiyun, I can't rest in peace if there is someone who is doing something bad just to avenge me or somehting."I said to her and she looked at me.

 

"I will tell you what you should do, one life is exchange of the lost one."she said to me when she looked away.

 

"What do you mean with that?" I asked her curiously.

 

"In order to bring Krystal back to life, you need to kill me. You need to end the life of the caster of the curse in order for them to be free."she said to me which widened my eyes.

 

"No way."I mumbled in disbelief.

 

"That is why, you need to find me and kill me. My life in exchange for Krystal's."she said to me. "Let's see if who among us will you choose to live."she continued and slowly disappear and I was back at the forest. 

 

"Yiyun, you should have love Nicole Jung instead of that white lady."I mumbled and blew out a sigh.

 

I didn't expect that I need to take Nicole's life in exchange for Krystal's. Why did everything turn out this way? It's getting harder and harder for me. I don't mind if I'm going to answer thousands of her riddle, but to kill her, is impossible for me.

 

I woke Jinki, Luna and Vic. It is already dark when we got back in the house. After our dinner, I went outside to get some fresh air. I grab the small bottle out of my pocket to look at it, and it glitters against the moonlight.

 

"What are you doing here?"I heard grandma Im's voice from behind.

 

"I just want to get some fresh air."I answered as I shoved back the bottle inside my pocket and turned to her. She smiled at me and then she look up.

 

"The sky is calm tonight. It looks beautiful with the stars on it and the full moon."she said, admiring the sight.

 

"Yeah."I agreed as I looked up. The sky tonight really looks beautiful.

 

"Amber, I want to give you this."she said to me and handed me a dried cut part of roots.

 

"What is this for, grandma?"I asked her as I take it from her hand.

 

"It's a special herb. It can heal anything."she answered with a smile.

 

"Why are you giving this to me? I think you need it more."I replied to her and she laugh.

 

"I'm old alright but I am still strong."she said to me and I smile at her.

 

"Then, thanks for this."I answered to her.

 

"I have a riddle for you to answer."she said to me.

 

"Oh, okay. What is it?"

 

"In ancient times, it is a powerful weapon to break a curse, it can be use to awaken someone who is in deep sleep and even can give life back to the one who had lost it. Anyone possess it but it only works with it’s match and never fails."she said to me.

 

"Wow, grandma. Your riddle is pretty hard."I said to her and she laugh.

 

"The answer of that riddle is the solution of your problem now."she said to me which made my brows furrowed. "I know you can pass through all these, Amber."she said to me with a smile.

 

"Thanks, grandma."I answered to her. "I will come to you once I have the answer of it." I continued.

 

"Take your time."