Torn Page

Can You See Me?

AMBER's POV

 

Krystal quickly left after I scare her off. She did returned after a couple of hours. The next day, all of the member in our club went to Lee Jinki's house. They were all excited about this new investagation activity. But when we got there, I notice the grieving atmosphere. There are a lot of people too.

 

"What's happening here?"Key asked sounding puzzled.

 

"It looks like someone had died." Vic mumbled.

 

"Uhm, excuse me."Junsuk approach the two man who are standing not far from us. He greeted them and they did the same. "What happened here?"

 

"Grandma Lee had just died."the man informed Junsuk with sadness in his voice.

 

When I heard this, my eyes widened. I think Sooyeon got shocked too. Grandma was perfectly fine when we were talking yesterday. I headed to the house where we met Jinki. We heard from him that his grandma died from heart attack. We said our condolences to him and we cancelled our activity to do today. I introduced them to each other. Jinki told me that he wanted to talk to me in private. He brought me into this one room and I think it belongs to his grandma.

 

"I can't believe that this will happen to your grandma. She really looked perfectly fine yesterday while we were talking." I said to him.

 

"I can't believe it either."Jinki replied with a sad smile. He took one box under the table and had opened it. "Here."he handed me one book.

 

"What is it?"I asked him with furrowed brows.

 

"Before my grandma died, she told me to give it to you."he answered.

 

I took the book from his hand and I opened it to check what was written on it. I think it is grandma's journal or something. I saw that the last page was torn.

 

"Why is it that the last page was torn?"I asked him.

 

"Huh? Let me see."Jinki replied, sounding confused. I handed him the book. "This is weird."he mumbled.

 

"Why?"

 

"There is no torn page in her journal when I look at it earlier."he said to me.

 

"Have you read what was written on it?"

 

"No, but it is a drawing. It looks like a map or something. There was something written under the drawing but I didn't bother to read it."he responded.

 

"W-Who had entered this room earlier?"

 

"I don't know. There are a lot of people who came here in our house and I didn't notice anyone who went upstairs."he answered to me. I think the girl in my dream got here earlier than us.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I roam my eyes around, hoping that I can see someone whom I will recognize. My attention was shifted to Amber who is going downstairs with Jinki. I notice that he is holding a book in his hand.

 

"Amber, what is that?" Sulli asked him curiously.

 

"It is grandma's journal."he answered.

 

"Does it have a clues about Krystal's case?" Yuri asked.

 

"I think so, but someone had torn it."he replied.

 

"Can I see it?" Sooyeon asked and she took the book from Amber's hand.

 

All of them look at the book and I notice Amber is lost in his thoughts. It looks like something is bothering him. Then, he roam his eyes around the room, like he was searching for someone.

 

"Amber, are you okay?" Junsuk asked him when he notice that the dork's anxious face.

 

"Y-Yeah."he answered.

 

"Does Jinki knows who torn the page?"Luna asked Amber.

 

"He had no idea too."Amber answered shortly. "I think someone is stopping us to solve Krystal Jung's case."he continued which makes me furrowed my brows.

 

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

 

"I think it's time for us to leave now."he said to us.

 

Amber called Jinki to inform him that we are already leaving. On our way out, from the corner of my eyes, I can see a figure of a girl who is looking at Amber. When I turn my head to look at her, I didn't see her anymore. I wonder who she is.