Jessica Jung's Ghost

Can You See Me?

AMBER's POV

 

I think the third person is making her move now. I wonder who she is. I am sure that she is not one of our group. I can't see any suspicious person inside the house of the Lee's. Jinki said that a map was drawn on that page. Why did Halmoni Lee draw a map and what's that map for? I decided to keep the book, hoping that I can trace the marks that are printed on the next page. When I got home, I quickly grab my pen and illuminate the next page of the torn page with a light that will make the trace visible. Lucky for me, I was born wise. I heard a knock on my door which disturbed me from what I am doing. When I open the door, I saw Sooyeon.

 

"Do you need something,Soo?" I asked her.

 

"Uhm yeah. There is something I didn't understand about our math assignments. Can you help me?"she asked me timidly.

 

"Oh, okay."I replied to her with a smile. I forgot that we have an assignement in math. "Just give me a minute."I said to her.

 

"Okay. I'll wait for you in the living room."she replied.

 

I continued tracing the marks. I only draw the map but the written words, I can't trace it anymore. I look at my drawing, there is a house on top of the page, then on the left side is a forest then from the forest an arrow is pointing on the circle which I assume is a cave or tunnel. I wonder who's house this belongs to.

 

"Amber, is this right?" Sooyeon asked while she show her notebook to me.

 

"Ah yeah."I answered to her. "You are a fast learner."I praise her and draws a proud smile on her face.

 

"I know that I am smart."she replied with a smirk.

 

"If you are smart, you won't ask my help in our homework."I replied and laugh. Her happy face turns into an annoyed one and I instantly cut off my laugh when she shot me her glare. She looks scary with it.

 

"I noticed that you are too eager to solve Krystal Jung's case and it makes me wonder why."she stated.

 

"Uhm, I find her case interesting just like I said before."I replied to her. She raise her brows then nodded her head.

 

"I think she will be happy if you will solve her case."she replied with a sweet smile. I just shrug my shoulders and we continue in answering our homework. 

 

The next day, I decided to go back to Jinki's house to show to him what I had drawn. I look up the sky and the dark clouds are slowly forming. I speed up my pace before the rain starts to pour. I meet Jinki outside their house and we talk at their porch.

 

"Do you know if there is a house which is near the forest and a cave or tunnel?"I asked him.

 

"I don't think there is a cave or tunnel in this island."he replied. "I will ask my Mom."he continued.

 

Jinki excused himself to talk to his Mom about it. I stayed at the porch, watching at the people who goes in and out on their house. Then, my attention was shifted to this one girl who is standing from a distance. I can't clearly see her face. She is looking at me and even if I am looking back at her.she didn't avoided my eyes. So we are staring at each other. I don't have any idea who she is. My attention was transferred to Jinki when he called me.

 

"Amber, Mom said that there is no cave here. I think that house isn't located here in the island."Jinki told me and it makes me somewhat feel disappointed.

 

"Oh, okay."I answered to him. "Do you know if there is a nearby island here which have a cave?" I asked him.

 

"Hmmm, yeah. It is a three hours away from here if you ride a boat. It is a tiny island and no one lives there."he said to me.

 

"Maybe, I will check on it."I replied to him. I turn at the direction where the girl was but I can't see her anymore.

 

"I will go with you. I want to take part in solving Krystal Jung's case too."Jinki said which brought back my attention to him.

 

"Sure. Let's go there next weekend."I said and it draws a smile on his face. "Uhm, I will take my leave now."I continued as I got up from my chair.

 

"Are you sure? But it is about to rain now."he replied looking at the dark clouds.

 

"It's okay. I don't mind getting soaked in the rain."I answered jokingly and scoffed.

 

I said my goodbye to him and his family before I left. When I pass by on the river bank where I fell before, I saw the girl who was looking at me earlier. She is just standing there, looking at the river. I stop from walking and watch her. I was taken aback when she turn her head to see me. She walk towards me and my eyes widened when I had clearly seen her face.

 

"Can you really see me, Yiyun?"she asked when she is standing right in front of me which makes my brows furrowed.

 

I guess she mistook me with someone else. No need to ask, I know that she is not a living human.

 

"Jessica Jung." I mumbled in disbelief.

 

When I mention her name, I can see that she got happy. A wide smile was drawn to her face and she immediately smile hug me. She can touch me too. What is the ghost of Jessica Jung doing in the living world now? Does all people who had died really look young? Because it seems to me that our is not that far. Who is Yiyun?