The Witch

Can You See Me?

AMBER's POV

 

When Jessica finally broke her hug, I take a few steps back away from her. She look at me with furrowed brows, I think she got confused of my reaction. I stare at her face because I can't believe that she is standing right in front of me.

 

"Are you just going to stare at me?"she said to me with a tone of annoyance.

 

"Uhm, n-no."I answered stuttering a bit and look away.

 

"Yiyun, how have you been? I had been looking for you."she said to me.

 

"Er..I'm sorry but I am not Yiyun."I answered to her with an apologetic smile. I ntoice that she got a little bit surprise of what I said to her.

 

"Y-Your name is not Yiyun?"she asked me in disbelief.

 

"Yeah. I'm Amber, my name is Amber Joseph Liu."I introduce myself. "I think that Yiyun was the person who looks like me in your time."I continued. She furrowed her brows.

 

"But you really looked like him."she remarked. "I can't be wrong, I'm sure that he is you."

 

"I can't live for three hundred years, can I?"I said to her and laugh awkwardly.

 

"I do."she replied to me which made me looked at her.

 

"W-What?"

 

"I am living in this world for three hundred years now."she stated with a serious look on her face.

 

"Y-You are not a ghost?!"

 

"You are thinking that I am a ghost?!"she raise her voice. "You are still stupid even this time."she said with annoyance in her face.

 

"So you didn't get married, had children and die in old age?"I asked her and she smack me on my head really hard.

 

"If I am a ghost, do you think I will be here standing in front of you now?" she replied and glared at me.

 

"But there is this girl in my house who claimed that she is your descendant. You even look the same."I said to her while I rub my head.

 

"What descendant? I never got married. I can't get married since I never get old."she said to me.

 

My eyes widened when I heard what she just said. I think Sooyeon is the witch who cursed them. But, how can I assure that this girl who looks like Jessica isn't the witch? A witch are good manipulators and deceiver right? Now what should I do? Should I believe this girl?

 

"What are you thinking?"she asked me.I mentally calmed myself so that I will be able to think.

 

"N-Nothing."I replied shortly. "Uhm, why did you show up just now?" I asked her curiously.

 

"Lee Soonkyu's descendant had died, I decided to personally give my condolences."she replied.

 

"What happened on the night when your younger sister disappeared?"

 

When I asked her this, I notice that her face was saddened. She put on a faint smile and meet my eyes again.

 

"I don't really have any idea. When I got in our dining room, everyone wasn't there anymore. I was left alone."she replied in a sad tone of voice.

 

"Who do you think had killed your sister?" I asked her curiously. She looked at me with furrowed brows.

 

"My sister wasn't killed. Her body was taken by someone who I assumed was that witch."she answered to me with anger in her voice.

 

I think I will go crazy because of what she is telling me. I don't see that she is lying to me. If Sooyeon is the witch, then what she is doing in my house? What does she want from me? If she wanted to kill me, she should have done that from the first day she came into our house, right?

 

"Yiyun, have you meet her?"she asked me.

 

"Meet who?"

 

"Our cousin,Nicole."she answered.

 

"How am I related to her?"

 

"She is the witch that I am refering to. She likes you but your eyes was on Krystal even if my sister had already a lover." she answered. So this Yiyun guy likes Krystal Jung.

 

"So your cousin is a witch?" I asked her. "She was the one who cursed you?"

 

"I think so. I was searching for her but I can't find her."she replied.

 

"You know, all of these are freaking me out right now."I said to her.

 

"You don't have any idea how freak out I am too."she replied.

 

"Your sister's ghost is still here in this world, I think her unfinish business is to see you again. And about your cousin Nicole, I think she is in my house right now, the one who is pretending to be your descendant." I informed her and her eyes widened.

 

Now what will I do now? Should I confront 'Nicole' about this? How will I approach her? I think my death is coming near because of Jessica Jung. If I haven't learned about all of this, my life will be prolonged.

 

"Jessica, keep yourself hidden as of now. I have to think of a way on how to solve everything with my friends."I said to her and she nodded in understanding. "I will let you meet Krystal soon, if you will be able to see her."I continued.