Sleepover

Tell Me Why

 

Yoonmi's POV

 

“You’re kidding me mom, right? You’re just testing us.”

 

“No. Of course Yoonmi, I’m serious! Your grandmother is in the hospital and I needed to be in her side. It’s been five years since I last visited her.” Mom answered.

 

I tried to calm myself from the news I’ve heard.

 

“When are you going mom?”

 

“Tomorrow, my flight will be on 10 A.M.”

 

“What? ”

 

“Yes Yoonmi. That’s why I’m afraid to leave you here with your attitudes. You look like children who pick with each other because of a lollipop.”

 

“Funny mom.” I said sarcastically while crossing my hands in my chest.

 

“I have an idea. I’m going to hand you HOUSERULES tomorrow so that when I’m back here, my house will still be in a good condition.”

 

“You know mom, I kind of feeling you more love your house than me. It hurts.”  I said and rolled my eyes.

 

 Mom was saying something back but I don’t want to listen. I slowly opened my door and went straight to my bed. Even though I felt itchy, I’m not in the mood for taking a shower so I guessed I’m going to sleep dirty tonight but whatever, I’m tired. My eyes were closed but I cannot sleep. The news earlier had a great effect on me. I don’t want mom to leave me alone here. She never had done that, that’s why she hadn’t visited nai nai for almost 5 years.

 

I imagined myself alone in this house with Sehun the jerk, it turns out that we’ll be like Tom and Jerry. Mom’s right, when she’ll come back here I don’t know what our house still looks like. I shouted into my pillow to release the stress that’s been bugging me. After that I drifted to dreamland.

 

The sun rose brightly and it shine through my window. I groaned knowing that it’s Wednesday and we’re going to perform our dance. Wait- Dance? Dance? Oh What the fck? I We’re going to perform today!  And honestly I didn’t master all the right moves. Crap. I’m dead. And then suddenly I remembered that mom will go to China today! Can this day get any worse? Aarrgghh! I hate this! I scratched my head and went downstairs.

 

Mom and her luggage were in the living room. I was about to say something when she shushed me.

 

“Good morning. Don’t say anything. This PIECE of PAPER contains the HOUSERULES. Follow each of that. I’ll be sending radars of how’s it going in here. I’m calling you and Sehun day and night to know what your whereabouts. In conclusion, you cannot simply disobey the rules given. Arasso?”

 

“I’m a student’s council president so expect me that I’m not going to disobey your rules.” I rolled my eyes and picked the paper. I read it thoroughly and then—

 

“Mom! What is this? I’m scheduled to cook in the evening and wash the dishes in the morning? This is torture!” I whined like a child.

 

“I’m not going to change that. I’ve given the same paper to Sehun.”

 

I slouched.

 

“Oh, and by the way Yoonmi, why are you still in your pyjamas?” mom asked. I confusedly looked at her like I’m saying what-is-the-problem-with-that?

 

“It’s still early and-”

 

“Haven’t you forgotten that today’s your performance? Sehun told me that, that’s why he leaved so early.”

 

“Oh Crap! Right” I immediately stand up and took a shower for only five minutes , put on my uniform untidily. I rushed out to the door and shouted ‘have a nice flight’ to mom.

 

I breathe heavily as I enter our school gate. When I’m in front of our classroom, I saw my classmates busily wear their costumes. I jogged into my group and Hae Jee shouted at me, “Why are you late? We’re the first performer!”

 

“Sorry. Something came up.”

 

“Never mind. Come on, hurry up. Change your clothes into this.” She handed me a ball gown. I rushed into the nearest bathroom and put on the gown. I stared at myself for a second and realizing I looked like a princess. This is the first time I’ve ever wear such things. I’m always in my jeans and shirts.

 

Our performance went well. In fact, we got the highest score! Even though I forgot some of our moves, Sehun guided me. I was silently thanking him for not letting me embarrass myself. I really appreciate that.

 

Our teachers were lovely enough to give us a day-off morning. This means that after our performance, it will be our free periods.

 

During my free time I went to the Council’s office to plan about an educational trip suggested by our Economics teacher. It seems a good idea so I’m going to pass this activity plan to Mr. Kim this afternoon. I know he’ll not object for we had a deal.

 

Lunchtime arrives. I texted Hae Jee if she could have lunch with me today. She knows I don’t want to have lunch with other people except with her. She cannot decline me for its only rare for me to ask her that. And besides I have a problem to tell her.

 

“Hae Jee, you know what, my mom’s now I think in China or still in the plane. And I’m alone for God knows how many months. I-” I said horribly.

 

“Yoonmi-ah, you’re not alone. Sehun’s been living in your house, right?” she cooed while eating her apple.

 

“That’s what I’m talking about. I’m alone with a boy in our house. Doesn’t that sound creepy?” Hae Jee stopped at what she’s doing and looked at me with concerned eyes.

 

“No. It’s not Yoonmi. I know you can survive with Sehun. He doesn’t do any harm.”

 

“Yeah right. So you’re telling me he’s harmless? You don’t understand. What if he’ll going to my room in the middle of the night and took advantage to me?”

 

“He won’t do that. I can tell.” She stated.

 

“But he’s a ert!” I whined. Yeah! She’s a ert and a flirt!

 

“Okay. Okay. I’m going to sleepover in your house tonight.”

 

“You’re going to my house tonight? Yay!” I sounded excited and my worries for tonight went away. Hae Jee’s such an angel sent from heaven.

 

“Thank You Hae Jee! I know you understand me!”

 

“Yeah. Yeah. What  bestfriends are for?” I hugged her tightly causing her to push me away. I laughed.

 

After school, I decided to go home with Hae Jee. But she said she needs to stop at their house to get some things. I said it’s no problem since she’s going to my house anyway. After collecting her stuffs, we went directly to my house. I sighed as I enter the house with no mom. I miss mom already! Aish! Whatever, she’ll call tonight, I guess.

 

“So, what are we going to do before we went to sleep?” Hae Jee asked, putting her things in my room.

 

“I guess we need to prepare dinner first.” I went to the kitchen and prepared the things needed for our dinner. I decided to cook kimchi. Hae Jee prepared the table that’s when Sehun arrived with another person.

 

“Hae Jee? Who’s that?” but then my question was answered when that person said, “Hey babe.”

I know it. It’s Luhan.

 

“Hmmmm, that’s smell so good!! Aahhh! I’m hungry.” a jerk cheerfully beamed.  I pointed my spatula to his face and said,

 

“YOU ARE NOT INVITED TO EAT IT.” I emphasized each word.

 

“Whatever, I’m going to call your mom that you won’t let me eat dinner.” I ignored him. After a few seconds  I heard him talking to someone. Aarggh!!!!Sehun!!!!!!! my cellphone start ringing. I know it, it’s mom. Before she could say anything, I shouted, “Okay mom! I’m gonna let Sehun eat dinner.” And hanged up.

Sehun did a victorious dance and I on the other hand, giving him a death glare.

 

“This is so delicious Yoonmi! You’re really good in cooking.” Luhan complimented me. I smiled but then Sehun butted in.

 

“Hyung, it’s not delicious. It tastes so bitter! I hate it!” Sehun acted like she was going to puke.

 

That made me irritated. I stood up and grabbed his plate.

 

“If you don’t want to eat it, then don’t eat it! I’m not forcing you to eat this!!”

 

“Chill Yoonmi, chill. It’s just a joke!”

 

I rolled my eyes and went back eating.

 

After eating, Hae Jee volunteered to wash the dishes and Luhan also said he’s going to help her. I asked him what time he’ll be going to his home he said he’s going to sleep here.

 

“What?” my face was shocked as I heard that.

 

“Sehun invited me over.” Luhan answered. He explained that Sehun invited all of his friends over but they’re all busy except him.

 

“Oh okay.” Hae Jee looked at him happily. Even though I don’t like the idea of having Luhan here, I cannot block Hae Jee’s happiness. She helped me tonight.

 

 

After they washed the dishes, they all decided to watch a movie.

 

“What movie?”

 

“A horror movie!”

 

“No! I don’t want to watch horror films! I’m a scaredy cat!” I shouted at them. Sehun being the jerk asked Hae Jee and Luhan if they want any other genre other than horror. They all said horror movies are good in this time.

 

“So horror movie it is!” Sehun said. He win again. Urrghh!!! Hae Jee is also a scaredy cat like me but today she had the courage the watch for there’s Luhan who will hugged her when the horror part comes.

 

I was covering my eyes with the pillow beside me for almost thirty minutes. Almost every minute, the ghost would appear in the screen. Since I cannot endure watching this, I decided to go into my room. I was reading a Nicholas Sparks’ novel when suddenly the lights went off.

 

Pictures of the ghost went straight to my mind. I called Hae Jee’s name but she didn’t answer. I nervously went downstairs to find them. I heard some things move and I see things. It’s just your imagination Yoonmi!

“Hae Jee? Are you in here?” I roamed around the house with only my cellphone’s light guiding me. Then without any warnings I feel a figure standing behind me. I turned around and saw a guy flashing a light into his face making it creepier. I shouted my lungs out and ran outside the house.

 

As I reached outside, I saw that our house we’re the only ones who don’t have light. That’s it! There playing with me! Aarrgghh!!! I went directly to the plank and turned it on. After the lights were , I saw Luhan, Sehun and Hae Jee laughing out loud.

 

“That’s not funny!” I stormed inside my room and locked it. I almost have a heart attack with their joke!

 

I heard a knock on my door.

 

“yoonmi? It’s me Hae Jee, sorry about earlier. I was telling them that that was not a good idea but they won’t listen.” I understand Hae Jee so I opened the door.

 

“Who suggested it?”

 

“Sehun”

 

“SEHUN!!!!!!!” he still didn’t stop laughing.

 

“Hyung, did you see her face?HA HA HA! It was so funny.” He rolled all over the floor. I lunged him my fist and he ran. He sprinted in our house causing some things to fall. We were shouting again with each other. Sehun would tease me about having a funny face when I shouted. He even took me a picture. Because my anger was rising up I was starting to pick up things and throw into him. Eventually, he throws things back at me.

 

This is going to be a long night, Luhan and Hae Jee thought.

==============================================================================================\

a crappy chapter just to fill something.