Daddy's Explanation

Tell Me Why

Yoonmi’s POV

The rain was falling and unfortunately on a Saturday afternoon. I do not have any umbrella with me. Guess I need to run. Good thing the coffee shop is only a distance away from our school.

I opened the door, I haven’t seen Mr. Lee yet. I seated at the corner so that no one in our school will see me talking to the one of the richest businessman in Seoul. They’ll get suspicious and I don’t want any more issues.

“Sorry I kept you waited.” A voice suddenly said. Standing beside the table is Mr. Lee. I have to admit my father is very handsome. I think I have inherited his good looks. 

“It’s fine.” I said calmly.

“You’re calm now. What made you change your mind?”

“I have a heart too. And even though I’m mad at you-”

“Alright. I think I need to start now.” I heaved a deep sigh and nod.

“Good day sir, what will be your order?” a waiter went to our place and bowed, asking us on what will be our order.

“One Frappuccino and Americano please. Thanks.”

“Frappuccino and Americano will be on its way. Thank you Mr. Lee.”Mr. Lee is quite popular here. Money can really make you popular and own the world.

“So, let’s see,”Mr. Lee started.

“My mother and father, that is your grandmother and grandfather, never supported my relationship with your mother. They were truly against it but I have continued our relationship anyway. I really love her, your mother. She’s one of a kind. She’s beautiful in her own way and kind and courteous. I tell you many boys have fallen in love with her. Fortunately, when I ask her hand to marry me, she accepted it, even though she knows there will be trials in our way because of my parents not approving her.”

I listened intently in his speech. Mom and Dad’s relationship were the same as my relationship with Sehun. His parents do not approve with me too but he wants to fight. Because he loves me. 

“Days after my wedding, the news about me went to every corner of Seoul. My parents were completely aghast. They contacted me, threatening me if I will not clean the mess I made they will washed me out in the family. I have been so stubborn and never did come back to them. I worked on the small factory to give you and your mother the basic needs in life. For certain years I have done a good job but one day my mother called me and informed that my father just got a heart attack.  I went to the hospital. When I got there father gave me another chance. He gave me choices. He said if I’ll pick the best one then he will let me be the CEO of the Lee Enterprises. His choices were to leave you and your mother and marry other woman that could help boost the business of our company or neglect his offer and made sure that you and your mother will suffer. I got frightened back then. I was blackmailed by my own father and it’s your life and your mother was at stake. I couldn’t do anything, I was hopeless. So therefore I have accepted the offer of your grandfather. I left you and it hurts me very much to see you and your mom crying. I didn’t tell your mom that time the whole truth.”

I can see the pain in my father’s eyes. It’s not his fault after all.

“It’s against my will to marry Hyuna’s mom but I really don’t have much of a choice. Every year, when I remember your birthday, I always wanted to see you and greet you and hug you and give you gifts. But that didn’t happen for my father made sure that I made no contact to you. The time when I saw you at the park,”

Tears were now falling at his eyes and I can’t help but to cry too. I can clearly remember the day, the day I thought he abandoned me.

“The time when you were jumping with joy because you saw me, I held my urge to embrace you. I wanted to embrace you so bad. But I can’t for Hyuna and her mother were there. When I tell those words to you, I wanted to kill myself. I know it really hurts your feelings. From that day, I vowed to myself that I will make a way to be with you again. It took a very long time as you can see. My father was now bed ridden and his men were obeying not his orders anymore but mine. I contacted your mother and told her to meet me on China. There we talk and I explained to her everything. She had forgiven me but she warned me that you hated me so much. I asked her help to made you listen to me. And she did a perfect job.”

I took a sip on my Frappuccino to relax my feelings for just a minute. I have forgiven my father.

“I am so sorry Yoonmi for everything. I know I hurt you so bad, I know I made a mistake by leaving you. Even though you’re away from me, my heart didn’t stop loving my daughter.” He flashed a weak smile and I cried. I stand up which made him surprised.

“Where are you going?”

I hurriedly went to my father and hugged him. There we cried.

“I’m sorry for hating you so much dad. I missed you.”

“It’s okay Yoonmi. You’re Lee Yoonmi now?” I nod at him with a smile.

“Thank you Appa. I love you.”

“I love you too my baby girl.”

I feel so happy that my dad and I reconciled. This is a very impossible chance but then we made it possible. How I wish mom is here so that we can be like a real family again.

“Dad, how about Hyuna and her mother?” I asked so suddenly because I was curious if they will know about his other family.

“They will know about this later. I planned to tell them in the right time. And you know when that right time is?” he beamed a smile.

“When?” I smiled too because it might be a rand occasion.

“Next week. On your birthday. You’re going to celebrate your birthday in our house.”

“But dad, I just want to have a simple celebration.”

“It’s my gift to you. It’s been a long time since-”

“Alright. Mom’s going to be there right?”

“Yes, of course.” He said but then he murmured something that I haven’t heard clearly.

“After all, you and your mother are my real family.” I smiled at the last part. But it made me confused. How about Hyuna?

-------------------------

[a/n] How was it?