Problems II

Tell Me Why

Yoonmi’s POV

 

Should I give my father a chance? A tiny voice inside me says I must. He’s still my father no matter what. Even though he left us, his blood also runs in me. I’m the fruit of the love of my mother and father. Actually, I really wanted to hear his explanations but something was stopping me from doing so. I don’t know what I should do.

 

A ring from my phone disturb me from my thoughts.

 

“Yoonmi, how was it?” My mother blurted as I accept her call. I knew it, she’s going to ask me about our encounter.

 

“Not too fine. You know I hated him.” I said. It’s true. Well partly it is.

 

“He’s still your father,”

 

“No Mom, he’s not my father now. He has disregarded us years ago. He abandoned us mom. Accept that fact.” I roll my eyes as I said those words. I wonder why my mom was siding him now.

 

“He has his reasons Yoonmi. Try to listen to his explanations first before you judge.”

 

“Why are you siding him so suddenly? Did he gave you a huge amount of money to believe in his lies?”

 

“I understand why you are acting like this Yoonmi. But please, just give him a chance,” she counter. “You might lose me any minute now.” She whisper the last words she stated. I didn’t quite get it.

 

“What mom?”

 

“Never mind. Go, call him and tell him you’re going to meet him on Saturday. Please, just do it. I love you.” Mom pleaded.

 

My mother ended the call even though I haven’t said fine or yes or no or maybe. She must assume that I’ll go. I grab the calling card Mr. Lee have given to me. I stared at the phone number, trying to decide whether to call him or not. I didn’t choose the latter so I ended up holding my breath as the dial tone rings. After four rings, someone answer the phone.

 

“Hello? This is Mr. Lee’s office. He’s in the meeting right now. Could you give me your name so that he can call you later?” a sweet voice of a woman said. He’s in the meeting, I probably should not disturb him.

 

“Just tell him Ms. Park Yoonmi had called.” After I said that, I heard a gasp on the other line.

 

“Oh! Wait Ms. Park, just hold on a sec,” she hurriedly murmured something to someone and I heard footsteps then followed by three knocks.

 

“Uhmm, excuse me Mr. Lee, Ms. Park Yoonmi have called. She’s on line two now.”

 

“Okay. Thank you Ms. Hwang. Excuse me gentlemen.”

 

“Yoonmi?”

 

“Uhmm, Mr. Lee I would prefer if you call me Ms. Park. For formality.” I heave a deep sigh. I don’t know why I’m even nervous talking to him over phone.

 

“You’re my daughter. I can call you whatever name I want. You’re still my baby girl.” When I heard the word baby girl a tear forms in my eyes. I didn’t even notice that those tears just flowed in my face without a warning. I scoff, trying to pretend that I am not affected by him calling me his baby girl.

 

“Please stop it. I just want to inform you that I’m willing to hear your explanations for mom’s sake and sorry for disturbing your meeting. You should’ve ended the call and call me when you’re not busy.” I told him without breathing in every word.

 

“I told my secretaries to tell me when you call because you are more important than other people.”

 

“Really? I’m more important than Hyuna? I doubt that.”

 

“Let’s not talk about this over phone.”

 

“Yeah right. Meet me on Saturday at 1, same place. Hope you have some believable stories, Mr. Lee.” With that I ended the call. I clutch my phone over my chest. Now I just realize how much I miss my father calling me his baby girl.

 

A sudden flashback of my childhood came to my mind.

 

“My baby girl is so beautiful!” my father said as he tossed me in the air. “You really are a blessing to me Yoonmi. Always remember that. Whatever happens darling, you’re always be, always be my baby girl.” And he kissed me on my forehead.

 

I shook my head from a horrific thought. He’s not the father I’ve known. He left me for many years. He made me hate him.

 

The door opened revealing a sad face of my boyfriend. Sehun is so sad, I can tell and perhaps his angry too. I know he went somewhere with Hyuna. It’s not like he wanted it but he has no choice. Of course due to the blackmailing of the wicked Hyuna.

 

“Hi,” I murmurs. He look at me and tried to beam a smile but failed. I know there’s something wrong.

 

“Hi” he respond.

 

“What happened?”

 

From the look of Sehun’s eyes, there must be some horrible things happening.

 

“What is it?” I tried not to look too worry. What could possibly be his problem? Hope it’s not too big. Well, being engaged with Hyuna is a gigantic problem, right? What could be the worst?

 

“Hyuna wants me to live with her.” Sehun said as he stared on the floor. Surprisingly, I have expected this to come. My life is too great, right? From billions of people in the world why is it that the people that I love the most will and have left me? Am I a cursed creature? Is this really my life? Am I destined to be always hurt? Why? My life’s full of Why? Who can answer them for me? Who? Well anyways, whether I like it or not, I’ll accept the odds of the fate.

 

“Oh. That’s nice then,” I mutter as calmly as I can. Sehun was taken aback of my reaction. He didn’t expect me to act calmly with this matter. It’s really against my will alright. But what can I do? Stop him? Could that give us the solution to our problems?

 

“You- you want me to move in with Hyuna? Seriously Yoonmi?” I can feel Sehun’s anger in rage.

 

“What can we do? Do I need to stop you? For what? I’m losing you Sehun, let’s accept that fact.”

 

“You’re really are a coward.”

 

“Whatever you say. Come on, I’ll help you pack.” I was about to turn my back to him when he suddenly grab my arm.

 

“Yoonmi…You’re…not serious, aren’t you? You’re just playing, right? Tell me!”

 

I force my hand out of his grip. “If your wedding to Hyuna is a joke, then I am kidding. If it’s not,” I shrug. “Then I am certainly not joking.” I walk away from him to avoid him from seeing my tears.

 

I locked myself in my bedroom. What have I done? This is all wrong. My life is wrong. I wish I haven’t born. I want to talk to someone but who? I don’t know what could distract me with this stress. On the corner of my room, I had a quick glance at my mini library. Aha! Books! Hurriedly I went to grab a copy of Harry Potter. You know, I really love that series. I’m a certified potterhead. This can certainly made my problems go away.

 

When I’ve read the part where Harry knows that he’s a wizard, I cried. I cried not because of what I read but because I have so many problems. Not very logical, right? I hope tomorrow, Saturday, Mr. Lee can make me feel better. I hope he won’t tell any lies.

----------------------------------------------

[a/n] This is the real chapter 34. Sorry for the inconvenience :3