Clues

Supernatural Love

Ha Na's P.O.V

 

"So, where are we going to go?" 

"My hou-"

There was something different about the air.

Water...

But it wasn't like ordinary water, it was mixed with something.

Chemicals.

402....

"Is there a lab in school with those numbers?"

"Um, no I don't think so. Maybe a supply closet?"

"Well, then I guess we'll have to check both. We have to go back."

"Back? But the school is closed, how are we going to get in? No forget about getting in, the teachers are probably still there, how are we going to go unnoticed?"

"Tiffany, we got brains and I'm a supernatural being, I think we're good."

"Right."

~~~~~~~~~~

"So how are we going to get in again?" Tiffany looked at me doubtfully.

We were standing in front of the main gate, staring at it in awe. At that moment the principal walked out of the school.

"Crap, Hide!" I whispered.

We ran behind the school sign and watched the principal walk out from the gate. The door was about to close but I froze the hinges holding the gate door to the gate itself. We watched her walk to her car and get in.

"Can this lady drive off already? My arm is going to fall off!" I whispered harshly.

Finally she drove away. 

"Why are we still standing here?" 

"We had to wait for her to turn the corner. Why are you holding your arm up anyway?"

"Hello, door, frozen?"

"Oh, right, creepy powers." Tiffany said as she walked to the door. She stopped and held it open for me so I could finally put my arm down.

"Thank you." I sighed in relief.

"What would you do without me?" Tiffany sighed and flipped one of her braids.

"This girl I swear...." I said under my breath as I walked through the door.

"Let's go behind the school. It would be dumb to go through the front door." She suggested, completely oblivious to what I had previously said.

"Right, good idea."

We walked to the back of the school to find the student parking lot and drop off completely barren except for one shiny red car.

"Hey, was there another car in the front where the principal's car was?" I asked.

"No, I don't think so. That's where the teachers park, in the front right?"

"Yeah it is. Why would there be a car in the student parking lot if all the faculty left?"

"I don't know, but I guess we'll find out." Tiffany shrugged.

We entered the back door to be greeted with a long, plain white, corridor. I held up my finger to my lips--just in case the person the red car belongs to was somewhere nearby.

Upon walking up to an intersection in the hallway, we heard whistling. Tiffany and I looked at each other with caution in our eyes. I slowly stepped forward and peeked around the corner. There was a man--facing the other direction--with a blue one-piece suit on, holding a mop, washing the already pretty clean floor. I quickly tiptoed to the other side.

Tiffany was about to walk over but I held my hands up to signal her to stop. The man had turned slightly to the side, making it easier for Tiffany to be spotted if she had continued walking. I waited until it was clear and then waved her in.

We then continued walking down the hallway as quietly as possible until we found the door to the staircase. 

"The science labs are on the 2nd floor right?" I whispered

"I think so." 

I slowly opened the door, being careful not to make any noise. We both walked inside, holding our breath as I slowly closed the door behind us, the tiny 'click' it made scaring us.

We walked up one flight of stairs and opened the door. It was completely different from the previous plain white corridor. There walls were a cute baby blue and the lockers a dark contrasting blue.

As we kept walking,  I smelled small traces of the same chemical that was at the hideout. I waved Tiffany over.

"It's this room, I'm sure of it." 

"How do you know? The numbers don't match, this is room 207."

"I smell it. The chemicals from the hideout I mean."

"I don't smell anything."

"I have a strong sense of smell to anything with water in it."

"Well, then that explains it." 

Tiffany tried opening the door.

"It's locked."

"I can take care of that."

I began bending water from a nearby water fountain into the key hole. I closed my eyes, the water allowing me to see inside the key hole.

'click'

I opened my eyes again and bent the water back in the water fountain. Tiffany applauded me with joy.

"Nice work superhero!"

In the room, everything was clean except for one table. It had utensils all over it and two different chemicals.

"So reckless."Tiffany scoffed.

"No, they did this on purpose. She wants me to find them. She knew I would come after her if all my friends suddenly turned up missing with their house ransacked. After all, I'm the prey and the boys are just the bait."

I walked over to the table and examined every chemical on the table. One of them was sodium hypochlorite and the other was pure acetone. Both had the same company name, Hallyu Manufacturing. 

"This place, think it's another clue?" Tiffany asked.

"It's quite likely the place where they're holding the boys. Can you look up on your phone if there are any abandoned factories under this company's name?" I said while setting down the last chemical.

"Why those specific chemicals?"

"Chloroform."

"Huh?"

 "These two chemicals combined make chloroform."  

"So, that's how Jiyeon and Yunho kidnapped the boys. They drugged them.."

"Yes. They used it to drug us too."

"Wait, so how come we aren't fainting right now?"

"Well, you yourself said you couldn't smell it. The amount of it is so minute that it has no effect at the moment."

Bunch of sissies, can't even fight head on.

"Got it! There's an abandoned factory under that company's name near your house actually. 402 Gellar Street."

That's what 402 was for. Clever.

"Ok, let's go back to my house." 

I lost him once, I refuse to lose him again.....Taemin......         

We're coming for you guys.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi! I have finally returned to bring you more chapters! It's been sooooo looonnggg I know and I'm sorry. Please forgive my absence 😅. I won't be able to update as often as before because I am now taking college classes, which are very work extensive. I will, however, be writing in between and updating as much as I can whenever I have time so please be patient with me! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I will see you next time! Byee😁! Oh and Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it! 🎃