Chapter 6

Our Times Together

The next day, I arrived at school, tired and groggy. The week was going to be full of tests in almost every subject.

Rubbing my eyes, I headed towards my first class. Suddenly, I bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry..." I rubbed my eyes for half a second more.

"Ah, it's okay...achoo!" 

The voice sounded familiar. I stopped in mid-rub and looked up. Beside me, SeungHyun was standing there looking pale, sniffing and massaging his temples. When he saw my face, he said, "Oh hey! Didn't see you there...-sniff-. Ughh..." He closed his eyes, rubbing his nose.

"Are you okay? You seem sick." I stared at him with worried eyes.

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Gosh, you look so worried. Don't worry, I'm fine. Just got a little cold." He turned away from me and coughed. "C'mon, we're late for class." He put a hand on my head, messing up my hair as we walked to our classroom.

-----------------------------------------

The block we had after lunch was P.E.

SeungHyun's condition didn't seem to get any worse in the afternoon. He just looked exhausted and occasionally sneezed and coughed. 

We were warming up for volleyball by jogging around the gym for three minutes straight. About two minutes in, I was jogging beside SeungHyun, who was panting and wheezing, looking more tired than he usually would be.

"Are you sure you can handle this?" I asked, slowing my pace to match his.

"Yeah....-pant-...you can go...ahead..." He bent down, placing his hands on his knees to take a breath. 

I stopped. "No really, I think you should rest." I placed a hand on his back.

"Nono...-cough-...I'm...fine..." He sunk to his knees, putting his hands on the ground in front of him. Suddenly, he collapsed completely on the ground.

"SeungHyun? YAH! Don't scare me...SEUNGHYUN!"

-----------------------------------

SeungHyun's POV

I felt so beat today.

When I finally came to, I found myself lying in the bed in the school infirmary, tucked in with big sheets. I looked around until my eyes rested on a figure dozing off in a chair next to my bed. It's head was looking down, so I couldn't see the face clearly. Without making too much noise, I arranged myself on the bed so that I was looking up at the person's face.

Sung Hyun.

I stared at her for what seemed like minutes. I never knew someone could look cute even when they slept. Suddenly, she snored, and I laughed. Opening her eyes slightly, she saw me there, staring up at her from the bed.

Groggily, she mumbled, "S-..Seung...Hyun.....AAH!" She suddenly bolted upright. Looking around the room, she finally settled her eyes on me, confusion spread all over her face.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay? I totally freaked out during gym, I TOLD you to rest, aishh..." She paced around the room, scratching her head.

"I feel fine, I was just tired. Anyways, it looks like someone got less sleep than I did." I grinned up at her, propping myself up on my elbow.

She stopped in her tracks. "Well, you've been out for quite a while, anyone would've fallen asleep..." She plopped back down on the chair.

I lied back down on the bed, staring at the ceiling. "So, how long was I out?"

"Well, school's over, if that tells you anything."

I sprung up. "WHAT? I MISSED LAST BLOCK?! Aiishh..." I clawed at my head.

"Don't worry, I got your homework for you." She showed me a sheet of notes.

I took it from her. "Did you go to last block?"

"Just to get our homework. I told the teacher about your condition, so you're excused." She smiled at me.

For a moment, we were silent.

"So...you stayed by my bedside until I woke up?" 

For a moment, she didn't respond. Finally, she said, "Well, I was worried about you...I wanted to make sure you were okay..." Sung Hyun looked down at her shoes, tapping a rhythm on the floor.

I absorbed what she said into my head. Using my left hand, I tipped her chin up so that she was looking up at me. I stared into her eyes for a second, letting my hand drop. 

Giving her a big smile, I said, "Thank you."