Chapter 32

Our Times Together

I took out my house key and unlocked my front door. But before opening it, I turned back to Seungri. Giving him a small smile, I uttered a small, "See you,". I would've thanked him for walking me home, but I was afraid of speaking any more words.

He lightly placed his hands on my shoulders and stared deep into my eyes. "Sung Hyun, I'm really, really sorry. I don't want to do this. But I have to. Please don't worry though." His hand brushed my hair behind my ear. "It's all an act. At least, until I tell them." He embraced me, and I bit my lip, trying to hold in my emotions.

He reluctantly let me go and smiled. "I love you." His lips met my forehead. "See you." And he was gone.

Once inside the house, I hurried to my room and fell back onto the bed, staring at the ceiling. All my thoughts and worries came rushing towards me.

Apparently, the last time Seungri's parents had come to visit him, he was dating Yu Ri at the time. His parents absolutely loved her. They thought she was his other half. His soulmate. Meant to be. They even expected him to marry her when they got older. Her elegant and graceful demeanor made her very compatible with high society. Which I guess means that she fits right into the rich peoples' world. His parents were thrilled that he'd found the perfect girl. 

But Seungri never told his parents that they were over. He told me that he knew they would be very upset, and that he couldn't bring himself to do it. And so he put it off. Until now.

Back at his place, I'd asked him, "Why don't you just tell them when they come next week?"

He looked at the ground. "Well, on the phone just now...they told me to bring Yu Ri along when I pick them up at the airport. And I don't think an airport is really the ideal place to break the news to them..." He looked at me apologetically.

"So...what are you trying to say?"

He sighed and fell backwards onto the couch.

"I'm going to have to put on a show."

It took me a while to comprehend his words. But when it hit me, I was about to open my mouth and scream out my objection when he put a finger to my lips.

"Only at the airport. At least, until I can find the right time and place to tell them. O...kay?" He pleaded, giving an apologetic smile.

I frowned at him. He pulled me towards him and hugged me tightly. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered softly in my ear. "I promise I'll tell them as soon as I can."

I didn't say anything, just hugging him back.

He suddenly pulled away. "So...is it okay with you?"

A bit empty of feelings, I looked at him and nodded. "As long as it makes your parents happy," I said quietly.

That smile again. "I knew you'd understand."

~

The days leading up to the arrival of Seungri's parents put me on edge.

He politely asked Yu Ri at school the next day for her help, which she (ahem, gladly) accepted to.

Seungri spent the remaining days with me after school, and coincidentally, Yu Ri also stated that she was busy for the next few afternoons. So, our time together consisted of Seungri trying his best to be the perfect boyfriend. Baking cookies, buying gifts, and simply just holding me. But I couldn't fully enjoy all of it. 

I was constantly worrying. Worrying that he'd never get a chance to tell his parents about me. Even if he did, what if they didn't accept me? These thoughts were constantly nagging me 24/7, impossible to escape from. 

But before I could wake up from my daze and assure Seungri that I was going to be okay, our times together were up. At least, for a while.

The day before the airport pick-up, Seungri went with Yu Ri to his place to "catch up and rehearse" for the next day. I just walked home myself, emotionless. His missing presence was distinct, making me feel isolated and lonely as I wandered the streets, alone. And as I trudged on, I grew more pessimistic with every step.

~

D-day was finally here, and Seungri and Yu Ri were gone, excused from all classes since the principal had recieved a phone call just the other day from none other than Seungri's parents.

In class, I was blank. Empty. At lunch, even with my friends, I just sat there, not joining into conversation with the chirpy group. They knew where Seungri and Yu Ri were, but they weren't told about the whole 'act' thing. Everyone one took note of my unusual silence, but Ji Wan was the first to speak up.

"Hey Sung-ie, why so down?"

I looked up from my rice. "It's nothing," I mumbled and shook my head, resuming eating.

"Is it because of Yu Ri?" Jung Hyo spoke up.

I stayed quiet and continued to eat, pretending that I didn't hear her.

She sighed in frustration. "Sung Hyun, you really shouldn't worry over this. They're just picking his parents up."

I let out a sharp breath. I was tempted to tell them all of it.

"She really doesn't seem that bad," Sung Mi stated quietly.

"Yea, she wouldn't do anything with Seungri, don't worry," said Wan Dong.

I quickly packed up my lunch, and hastily mumbled "See you guys" before leaving the table. If I'd stayed any longer, I would've been driven insane and just spit everything out at them. 

I wandered over to one of the staircases in the corner of the school, heading down to the first floor. Other than me, it was empty.

I forcefully took one step down. Ugh. Yu Ri is probably in Seungri's parents right now with her 'innocence'. I dragged my other foot down. They were probably arm in arm, acting like the perfect couple. And Seungri's probably forgotten about me.

I stuck out my right foot, about to take another slow step, but my mind distracted me. What if...what if...they were kissing? My mind flooded with stress and worry, I let my weight fall onto the next step.

Except, the step wasn't there.

I felt my whole body lurch forward, and instinctively I pulled my arms up to cover my face. I let out a sharp scream as I toppled down the tall set of stairs, practically every inch of my small body being bruised over and over again. I had no idea which way was up or down, letting gravity pull me down.

The last thing I saw was a hard, stone wall quickly rushing towards my face.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

Hai there guys! Don't worry, I'm not dead, just studying for some summer exams T_T Do you guys like the new chapter? I hope so. Now...can i have some comments? :< Last time I asked, I didn't get very many OTL I guess I sound like a whiny kid eh? xD Well anyways, stay tuned!