Chapter 18

Our Times Together

When I returned to school the next week, I was immediately attacked by Jae.

I was walking towards my locker when I suddenly heard a voice from the other end of the hallway yelling "Sung Hyun! Sung Hyun!!" I looked up to see a hand in the crowd, waving, trying to make its way towards me. As it got closer, I realized it was Jae.

"Oh, hey J-" He hugged me before I could say anything else. His hold on me was so tight that I started to struggle for air. "J-Jae...can't...breathe..." I managed to spit out.

"Eh? Oh!" He suddenly released me, giving me a cheesy grin. "Sorry! Anyways, are you better now? I was totally freaking out the other day 'cause other than SeungHyun I was all alone during class and I didn't know where to go and I didn't see you and I was so worried cause you're not usually-"

I put up my hand to stop him. "Jae, I'm fine. It's not the end of the world." I laughed.

"Ahaha, I know, but I was just worried about you." He gave me a smile.

"Thank you," I returned his grin. "But I'm fine now, so there's no need to worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup."

"Good." We walked to class together.

~

The next day was the day before my birthday.

I'd told SeungHyun that I wasn't planning anything special for my birthday, and that was the truth. I wasn't expecting any gifts or a party, especially because it was a school day. Anyways, I didn't really care.

School had just ended for the day, and I was watching SeungHyun and Jae practice basketball together outside. They were facing off against each other for fun even though the season was over. From my point of view, they were both equally skilled, perhaps Jae having a bit of an advantage due to his height. I sat on the side of the concrete court, leaning against our backpacks.

SeungHyun had possession of the ball, weaving his way around Jae and scoring a layup. 

"Hey, no fair! I wasn't ready yet!" Jae whined.

"Hehe, your loss!" SeungHyun teased, tossing the ball back to Jae. "I'll be right back, just gotta take a short trip to the little boys' room." He passed by me, messing up my hair with his hand before heading inside the school. I took out my phone, checking for any missed calls or texts. Jae came towards me, plopping down on my left side. 

He peeked over my shoulder. "What 'cha doing?"

"Just checking my phone," I replied, putting it back into my pocket. For a minute, we sat there in silence, looking up at the clear sky above us. 

"Sung Hyun."

"Yes?"

"Do you ever miss our old school? Our old friends?"

I hesitated. "Yea. Why?"

He sighed, looking off into the distance. "I don't know. I just really...I just really miss the way things used to be sometimes."

"What do you mean?"

"I just felt like our old school was my second home. But having to switch here so quickly just caught me off guard, you know?"

A thought suddenly struck me. "Why did you transfer here anyways?" I turned to face him.

He leaned back on his hands, stretching his legs out in front of him. "You really wanna know?" He also turned to look at me.

"Of course."

He turned his whole body towards me, leaning in closer so that our faces were inches apart. I felt his shallow breath against my cheek.

"The reason why I came here...was because...of you."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

Short chapter! I'll write tomorrow if I can :D LOL i'm very eager to write the next part :33