Chapter 29

Our Times Together

 

After school, I knew Seungri had important things to 'discuss' with Yu Ri, so I just gave him a quick hug before we both left.

"Could you please explain everything to me tomorrow?" I looked at him with hard eyes.

He nodded and squeezed my hand. "Everything."

And we parted ways.

~

The next day was the day that I had all of my classes with Seungri. I was relieved that we'd finally get to talk. Alone. Without Yu Ri.

But surprise, surprise. Guess who was in all of Seungri's classes. Yup. Apparently Yu Ri's reasoning for arranging all of her classes with Seungri's was that "I don't know anyone here, I don't want to be lonely in my classes," and "Ri's so smart, he can help me catch up, right, Ri?"

Ugh. Well at least we had our date after school. I would get the explanation from him then.

During lunchtime though, Seungri brought Yu Ri over to introduce her to the gang.

"Annyeong! I'm Kim Yu Ri!" She beamed at us. 

Ji Wan cat called and Jung Hyo slapped him in return, making us all laugh. Except for me. 

"So, Yu Ri, where are you from? How do you know our boy Victory here?" Ji Wan started interrogating her like a reporter.

"Well, I lived in Seoul until about two years ago, which is when I moved to Tokyo. But I just recently moved back here," Yu Ri calmly explained in a polite voice.

"Ahh," the group went. Except for me.

"So how do you and Seungri know each other?"

I froze.

"Middle school," Seungri was the one that answered.

"He's my ex," Yu Ri added. Unecessarily. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the group exchanging glances, and then looking at me. But I stayed silent and uninterested, focusing on eating my japchae.

Jung Hyo then gave a slight cough. "But...you do know that Seungri and Sung Hyun here are dating...right?" She tentatively said. Oh, Jung-ie. Always looking out for me. I gotta treat her to something later.

Yu Ri nodded and smiled. "Yes, I'm fully aware. But please, don't worry, Ri and I are just friends. I'm not here to ruin anything."

PSH. WHAT IS THIS GIRL? Acting sickeningly sweet in front of others while secretly threatening me? Aish. I've got a real problem here on my hands. I looked up and gave her a small but threatening glare. But in return, she just smiled innocently.

"Sung Hyun, I'm sorry if I've been keeping Seungri from you these days. I'm just nervous since I'm back in Seoul," Yu Ri directed at me, apologizing sheepishly.

I winced inside. But in order to not be the rude, unwelcoming girlfriend here, I forced a smile on my face. "It's okay. I understand," I replied in my best voice. If she could act, I could act too.

~

Once we finished eating, Jung Hyo walked with me to my locker. Once I hadn't said anything for over a minute, she finally spoke up.

"Hey, you know, that Yu Ri girl doesn't seem that bad," Jung Hyo stated lightly.

I slowly turned my head to look at her. She furrowed her brow at me. 

"What?" She asked, perplexed.

I sighed. Should I tell her?

"She seems like a nice girl," Jung Hyo continued.

Yup, I should.

But, surprisingly, even after I told her about Yu Ri's sudden change from innocent girl to a psychopath, and how she threatened to take Seungri back, she didn't seem to buy it.

"No really, she's fake! She's just putting on a show to win him back!" I explained.

Jung Hyo just stood there, with a puzzled expression on her face.

"Are you sure? She really doesn't seem like she's acting..." She said skeptically.

"YES. I saw it with my own eyes!" I finally sighed. "Do you really not believe me?"

She shook her head. "I'm really sorry Sung-ie, but before I see it with my own eyes, I really can't imagine her doing that."

I sighed again, defeated. "Okay, whatever."

~

I met Seungri at 4 o' clock, at the small cafe near the central part of town that we liked to visit often now.

"What would you like to know first?" He asked me.

"Tell me about you and Yu Ri," I said softly. He sighed and grabbed my hand.

"Like I said earlier, we met in middle school. I'd only known her for half a year when I asked her out," he began.

"...You...asked her out?" I quietly murmured.

He nodded, holding my hand a bit tighter.

"We were together for about two and a half mo-"

"Were you happy with her?" I whispered, looking down at our intertwined hands.

He hesitated before answering.

"...Yes."

I looked up at him.

"But I'm a lot happier with you," he smiled and leaned forward, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

I smiled back at him, warmth spreading through me from the spot where his lips had touched. But then I frowned. "...how'd you guys break up?"

His smile faded a bit, and he looked out the window. 

"She fell for another guy. A half-Korean half-Japanese guy named Dong Su."

Something clicked in my brain when he said the name. Ahh, I remember now. Yu Ri mentioned him in Seungri's apartment. The guy that broke up with her.

"He was the new guy at our school. Good-looking, athletic...charming too." Maybe it's just me, but I think I saw something flicker across SeungHyun's face. Like...sadness. He continued to stare out of the rain-streaked window, deep in thought.

"The day she broke up with me, it was raining too. All she told me was that she'd enjoyed our time together, but that she'd found someone new." This time I was sure of it. Sadness. Flitting across his face for only a second but distinct enough for me to notice."She started going out with Dong Su the day after. And then when he had to move to Japan, she followed him. And that was that." He turned back to me.

I felt a sinking feeling inside of me. He must have loved her. A lot. Because it seemed to me that even after all this time, the pain he experienced must have left a scar somewhere in his heart. To have his girlfriend break up with him and then start dating another guy right after must have really hurt him. And so I asked him, with a slight waver in my voice,

"Did it really hurt you?"

He looked deep into my eyes, thinking for a moment.

"Of course it did. And of course thinking about it still hurts. But, it's been so long that I can barely remember what happened between us. It's like time has erased our time together. So, please, please believe me when I say I'm over her." He emphasized the last words, both of his hands grasping mine. His gentle, soft brown eyes pleaded, and I believed him.

"...I do."

He smiled brightly. "I knew you would."

I smiled back at him, feeling happy that I was with him now. That his feelings for Yu Ri had passed. Confident that I could heal the broken pieces in his heart, if there were any left.

But there was still that one question in the back of my head, constantly nagging me. So, after we ordered a few cinnamon rolls, I finally decided to ask him.

"Seungri..."

"Mmm?" He took a bite out of a roll.

"...Um...you see...yesterday..."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

Ayoo, another long chapter for you guys! :D Is it nice that I'm updating more regularly now? LOL I'll update tomorrow too since I got no plans :3 but then on tues, wed, and fri I got b-ball so after tomorrow it might take awhile for me to update ;___; But oh well, I'm dragging this on too long xD Hope you like the update <3 Feedback? :)