Chapter 10

Our Times Together

The next day, I was practically attacked by Ji Wan and Jung Hyo.

"What happened?" asked Ji Wan.

"Did he ask you??" Jung Hyo stared at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Where'd you guys go?" Ji Wan questioned me.

"Did he ask you??" repeated Jung Hyo.

For a moment, I stood in front of them, blank faced. "Ask me what?"

They both stared at me for a minute, studying my puzzled expression. Suddenly, they turned away from me, starting their own little conversation. I managed to hear fragments of what they were saying.

"I guess he's not ready..." I heard Jung Hyo whisper.

"...probably waiting for the right moment..." Ji Wan stated in a hoarse voice.

I crossed my arms, waiting for them to finish their chat. They looked back a couple of times, finally turning back to me after seeing my crossed arms.

"So...what did you guys do?" Jung Hyo looked at me, anxious to hear my reply.

"Umm," I said. "We just ate at a cafe and went walking around the shops nearby."

"Hmm, I see..." Ji Wan rubbed his chin, nodding at Jung Hyo before looking back at me. "Anything special happen?"

"No...what's with you guys anyways?" I gave them a suspicious look.

"Ahh, it's nothing, nothing." Jung Hyo waved her hand dismissively. The bell suddenly rang for the next class, and we parted ways with quick "See you"s and "Bye"s.

After my science class, SeungHyun and I exited the classroom, heading toward the cafeteria. Suddenly, a question popped up in my mind.

"SeungHyun, how did you know I'd be at the jewelry shop the other day?"

He looked up into the air for a second, gathering his words. "Well, since I knew that you wanted to buy it earlier, I sorta guessed that you'd still be staring at it." He grinned.

I stared at him, dumbfounded. "Oh."

----------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I was walking through the front doors of the school yawning, when suddenly I got bumped from behind, causing me to drop my books on the floor (yes, again).

In front of me, a boy rushed past, turning back to me, saying "Oh, sorry!" He hurriedly bent down, picking up one of my textbooks for me before rushing off. I was left to pick up the rest of my books myself.

Sighing, I bent down, gathering my things. As I did, I registered the boy's face. He seemed familiar, like I'd seen him somewhere before...

---

When I arrived at my first class that same day, I took my regular seat beside SeungHyun. "Hey," He looked up from his notes when I flopped down into my chair. "You look like something's bothering you." He rested his head on his hand, turning his full attention to me. "Spill."

"Well, you see..." I explained to him about the boy I had met earlier.

He nodded. "Hmm...maybe he was almost as handsome as me, so he reminded you of my charming face," he winked at me, grinning from ear to ear.

I slapped him on the arm playfully, and he laughed.

"Ahem, class," Our teacher cleared his throat, grabbing our attention. "I'd like to introduce a new student today, his name is Kim Jae Young, please be nice to him." 

There, standing at the front of the class was the boy that had bumped into me earlier. I stared, wide-eyed. I finally realized where I'd seen him before.

SeungHyun looked over at me. "You know him?" he whispered in my ear.

"Yea, he was the one I bumped into earlier...but, I remember where I saw him before now..." I carefully said.

"He's from my old school."

------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter ^^'' I haven't been able to update as frequently 'cause I've been busy these days, but I'll write as often as I can! :)