Chapter 25

Our Times Together

I wonder how I didn't see this coming.

I mean, knowing Seungri, with his charm and good looks, anyone would've expected him to have had a few relationships by now. But for some reason, I'd never even thought about it. No one mentioned it either. And now, the inevitable has come, slapping me right across the face.

So I stood there, soaking in Seungri's words.

Now the girl, Yu Ri, still holding his hands, looked at me. "Ri, who's this?"

I was taken aback yet again. Another nickname I'd never heard. Ri. Plus, the way she'd asked who I was made it seem like I was the stranger in our current predicament.

"Oh! This is Sung Hyun, my girlfriend," he replied, and to my content, he let go of Yu Ri's grip, taking my right hand with his left.

I saw Yu Ri's face flicker with annoyance when Seungri had grabbed my hand. It was hard to catch, but I saw it. Once he was looking at her again, her expression immediately changed to the soft, gentle face that she had on just a moment ago.

"Oh." She replied. "Where are you two headed?"

"Just to my apartment," he replied.

She gasped. "Can I come? I have a lot to tell you,"

"Umm," Seungri looked at me apprehensively. Inside, i was disappointed that we wouldn't be alone, but for him, I forced a small smile on my face, giving him a small approving nod. "Sure." He answered her.

"Yay!" She put her hands and her chin on his right shoulder as we started walking, me on his left and Yu Ri on his right. I could tell Seungri was a bit uncomfortable by the way he pulled me closer to him. But I think I was the one who had it worse.

In my mind, she'd already done so many things to make me pissed. She'd hugged him, she had grabbed his hands, and now she was being so close with him. And the news that she was his ex made it even worse. It meant that once, in the past, Seungri had had feelings for her, which, of course, is something that I couldn't help. I wanted to just yell out "SeungHyun's MINE!" but I held it in, reassuring myself that they'd both probably moved on.

I was glad when we finally arrived at his apartment. I could barely stand walking like this.

As Seungri unlocked the door, Yu Ri ran in, all jumpy and hyper. I heard her plop down on the couch as I took in my surroundings. It had a lot of space for an apartment, and all the furniture looked modern, the whole place giving off an air of cleanliness. I stepped into the living room, which had a two love seats surrounding a coffee table. There was also a pretty big flat screen TV with a decent sound system attached. To the right, there was also a balcony that had a great view of the street below. Plus, it faced the sunset.

I stared at the place in awe. It was beautiful. The hardwood floor beneath me gleamed from the sunlight streaming in through the floor to cieling length windows of the balcony.

Yu Ri was lounging on the couch, looking through a photobook placed on the coffee table. It was like she had been here a million times. She probably has. Whereas I, the newcomer, was standing there awkwardly behind the couches, wondering where Seungri was until he came out from the kitchen.

He carried a tray of cookies and milk and placed it on the coffee table, looking over at me with a surprised face.

"Oh, Sung Hyun, take a seat," he came over and took my hand, leading me over to the couch.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Yu Ri look at me, inspecting me from head to toe. 

I sat down beside Seungri on the other couch. He leaned forward and shut the photo album that Yu Ri was looking at. "Not for your eyes," he calmly said to her. 

I saw her give a slight pout, but she smiled sweetly again. "Anyways, Ri, since I bumped into you, I might as well give you some news."

"Wait," he interrupted. "How come you're not in Japan?"

Japan? Hmm. I would make Seungri explain it all to me later. For the time being, I sat there, listening intently.

"Well, you see...Dong Su broke up with me..." She started to tear up, wiping her eye with the back of her finger.

"What? When was that?" Seungri exclaimed, clearly surprised. 

She sniffed. "Last month..."

"Why'd he break up with you...?" He softly asked.

"I don't know, I don't know," She covered her face in her hands, shaking her head.

Seungri got up and sat down beside her and put a hand on her shoulder. "Well, I'm sure you're better off now without him..." He reassured her. I smiled to myself. Even in this awkward situation, he still managed to be a gentleman. Of course, the sight of my boyfriend comforting his ex didn't exactly make me happy, but I admired him for his kindness.

"Well, you see, that's why I moved back here..." She continued on, most of her tears gone.

Ahh, so she used to live here. I continued to listen to her, leaning forwards with elbows rested on my knees.

"I'm transferring to CheongDong next we-"

"WHAT?!" I stood up from my seat.