Chapter 30

Our Times Together

"I...well..." I paused.

He swallowed. "What is it?"

"Why...why did you hug Yu Ri yesterday?"

He was about to take another bite of his roll, but froze. And then he slowly put it down.

"You...saw that?"

I bit my lip and looked down, nodding.

"Oh," he cleared his throat. "So that was you?"

"What was me?" I looked up, confused.

"I saw someone sprinting across the lounge..."

I paused. 

"Yeah."

"Ahh," he went. "Sung Hyun, please don't misunderstand. Yu Ri was harshly dumped by Dong Su just last month, and she breaks down occasionally. I was just comforting her."

Breaks down? Or maybe she's trying to take advantage of her alone time with my boyfriend. Playing the role of "the ex that just wants a shoulder to cry on". Ugh. This girl is seriously getting to me now, pulling tricks behind my back and in front of my friends. For a second, I contemplated telling Seungri about Yu Ri's little outburst in his apartment, but, maybe I'll play along. Show her who's boss here.

So I jokingly raised an eyebrow. "You sureee?"

He laughed. "Yeah. Anyways, you're the one that has the key to my heart." With his eyes, he gestured at my necklace that was hanging around my neck.

I rolled my eyes at his corny joke, but grinned anyways. Aish, this boy.

~

The following weeks, I decided to lay low.

Other than Jung Hyo, I hadn't revealed Yu Ri's true intentions to anyone else. They'd probably think I was overreacting or something. Heck, they probably wouldn't even believe me! So I had to get rid of her myself.

But in order to that, I didn't want to get caught formulating some revenge plan before she strikes. I'd told Seungri that I trusted him. If my intentions are revealed before her's are, then Seungri will probably think I didn't trust him from the beginning. But I do. I just didn't trust Yu Ri. With her sweet and innocent exterior, that girl could probably charm any guy into falling for her. In my eyes, she was dangerous. So I waited for her to make her move.

But nothing happened. Nothing.

Well, at least, nothing big enough to help me prove that she wasn't what she appeared to be.

Over the course of two weeks, all she'd done was (pretend?) to sprain her ankle during gym class, causing Seungri to stay with her in the infirmary while I was doing lines; Also asking him to tutor her almost everyday after school; Plus she (smartly, though I hate to admit it) broke down at the appropriate times, making everyone but me pity her. 

But two can play at that game.

I let her have her way for the first week, because I needed to see her strategy, how she ticked. As for the second week, though, I wasn't going to go down without a fight.

On Monday, I told Seungri that we hadn't spent time together in awhile, and he kindly apologized to Yu Ri, telling her that he had to cancel their tutor time for that day. She just replied "Ok! That's fine!" and smiled. Gosh, she was hard to damage. I probably hadn't even made a chink in her armor.

Anyways, he came over to my house and we hid in my room. I lay with my head down on his lap, and while he caressed my face and hair, we started chatting about anything that came to mind. 

We laughed and teased each other, giving me a truly warm feeling that I hadn't felt in awhile. A feeling that I'd missed. 

And at sunset, we sat by my window, the soft colours of orange, purple, and deep red painted across the sky. 

I put my head on his left shoulder and sighed. "You know what this reminds me of?"

He put his arm around me, pulling me closer. "Nope. What?"

I angled my head up so that I was looking up at him. "You really don't know?"

He sat there, thinking, and then I saw realization flash in his eyes. Turning and smiling at me, he gently placed a hand on my right cheek. I smiled back at his warm touch, putting my hand on his. And then, just like that first day, we closed our eyes, leaning forwards. My heart beat against my chest as his soft li-

 i sarang noraega sirheo useumyeo bureuri, ♫

We both jumped at his ringtone.

Seungri, with a reluctant face, got up and grabbed his phone, looking at the caller ID. I gave a soft sigh and looked back at the sunset, my heart still threatening to jump out of my chest. The perfect moment, ruined by a simple phone call.

"Yeoboseyo?"

I placed a hand on the glass of my window.

"Oh. Yu Ri?"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

WOOT, 30th chapterrrr! :DD I didn't know that I'd write so much, but ideas just come flowing at me, yah know? Anyways, keep commenting! I get a bit sad when I see no comments after I update...(just sayin') xD Anyways, thanks to all my subscribers and commenters, supporting me along the way! Prepare for more drama! :)