Chapter 22

Our Times Together

"Close your eyes," SeungHyun said to me.

I obeyed, my heart racing.

I heard his soft footsteps on the sand as he walked away from me, but I stood still, waiting. A few seconds later, I felt a cold, thin line rest just below my neck. I felt it being secured at the back, and being gently let go.

With shocking realization, I opened my eyes and looked down.

The key necklace.

I let out a gasp and turned around, squeezing the living daylights out of SeungHyun. He softly laughed into my ear and hugged me back.

After a few minutes of me squealing and jumping up and down, I finally let go of him. 

I picked up the necklace with my left hand and held it up in front of me, looking at it from every angle. The few rays of light left in the sky sparkled off of its golden surface, and I stared at in awe.

"Like it?" SeungHyun grinned at me, and my gaze flickered from the key to him.

"I love it. Thank you so much!" I quickly gave him another squeeze.

He laughed. "Actually, Sung Hyun, I have something to ask you."

"Eh?" I tilted my head in confusion. "What is it?"

He let out a huge breath and turned towards the sunset for a few moments. 

Then, he turned back to me and his perfect, sparkling eyes pierced into mine.

He finally opened his mouth.

"I overheard your conversation with Jae yesterday."

What.

I stood there, frozen for a minute, until I finally stuttered, "D-did you hear e-everything?" 

"No," he replied. "I left before you answered his question."

Uh-oh. So, he doesn't know?

"Umm..." I looked down at the waves of the ocean, unsure of how to answer him.

"But Jung Hyo told me."

I snapped my head back up to meet his gaze.

"She did?"

He nodded.

"I know it's a bit soon, but..." SeungHyun took a step closer to me, and I looked up at his flawless face. He took my hands in his.

 

"Will you...be my girlfriend?"

 

I think my heart stopped beating when he said that, because I felt myself go numb. I stood there with my jaw open. 

"W-...w-...w-whaaa?" I managed to stammer.

He laughed his charming laugh.

"Will you," he pointed at me. "...be my," he pointed at himself. "...girlfriend?"

I still stood there, unable to move, but his words were finally sinking into my head.

"Yes!" I basically shouted, my heart exploding with happiness. I hugged him again, resting my head on his chest. I felt my jaws began to ache from grinning so hard, but I ignored it.

"Hey, look at your necklace," SeungHyun informed me happily.

I let go of him with one arm and picked up my necklace. After looking at it for about a minute and still not knowing what he wanted me to see, he lightly took it from me and showed me the back side. 

"You know my nickname right? You've heard people call me it?" He looked at me questioningly.

I nodded. "Seungri."

He brought the necklace closer to my face. I let out a small gasp when I saw the small letters engraved on the key. 

"And you know how Seungri means 'victory' in English, right? Look," he pointed at the bottom of the key, where two letters, VI stood in place of the teeth.

"It's so that you remember me." He let out a sheepish grin. "Lame, right?"

"No, of course not," I smiled up at him. 

He smiled back at me, and the moment was perfect. We looked at eachother for a few minutes, breathing in the fresh air and enjoying everything. 

But then, SeungHyun slowly leaned in, and his soft lips met mine and everything was perfect. 

It was the best birthday I'd had in a long time.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

Feedback? :D 

Love you all btw <3