Chapter 20

Our Times Together

I walked home in a daze. It was raining, but I didn't care about getting wet anymore. My mind was on other things.

This was the first time that someone had asked me out. I was still feeling shocked and, well, flattered. My brain failed to function properly after Jae confessed. It was a bit much to take in all at once. But the problem now is...how do I tell SeungHyun?

Oh wait. SeungHyun.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. I was already a few blocks from the school, but I realized that I had forgotten about him. How come he didn't come back? I let out a sigh and continued walking. Oh well. I didn't want to bump into him now, anyways. It would be too awkward for me. I headed home, the rain soaking through my clothes and my thoughts all a mess.

~

When I arrived at my house ten minutes later, I made a beeline for my room. I threw my bag on the floor and flopped down onto my bed. I stared at the cieling, my mind blank. So what happens now?

I closed my eyes, replaying the scenes that had happened moments earlier. After about two minutes of trying to think straight, my eyes flitted open. I needed to tell someone. Grabbing my bag, I pulled my phone out and hastily dialed Jung Hyo's number.

I stood up and paced around my room, impatiently waiting for her to pick up. 

"Yeoboseyo?" her voice chimed from the other end. 

"Jung Hyo! Oh my God, you HAVE to help me!" I groaned into the reciever.

"Eh? What is it Sung-ie?"

"Well," I sighed. "You see...Jae Young...he, umm....c-confessed to me..."

"WHAT?! What did you tell him??" 

"..."

~

SeungHyun's POV

I was taking the long way home. I just needed time to think by myself. Rain was heavily pouring, but I didn't care anymore. I stuffed my hands into my jacket pockets, staring down at the wet pavement as I walked.

As I passed by the local park, I felt my phone vibrate.

"Yeobos-"

"SEUNGHYUN!" It was Jung Hyo.

"Eh? What's up?"

"Do you know what happened between Jae and Sung Hyun?"

I stopped in my tracks, pausing.

"Hello? You there?" Jung Hyo asked me.

"Yea..."

"So do you?"

"Y-...yea..." I replied in a low voice and continued walking.

"Did you talk to Sung Hyun yet?"

"No..."

"So...you don't know what she said to Jae?"

"N-no...do you?" I stopped in my tracks yet again, focusing on our conversation now.

"As a matter of fact, I do..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sung Hyun's POV

I awoke the next morning to my mom barging into my room, telling me to hurry up.

"Sung Hyun, I know it's your birthday, but you still can't be late for school...now get up! Breakfast is ready downstairs." she walked out.

"Arasseo," I mumbled while rubbing my eyes. I grabbed my phone and found that I'd gotten quite a few texts last night after I slept. They were all sent right after midnight, from people that were wishing me a happy birthday. I smiled to myself, closing my phone.

I told myself to put aside the events that had happened the day before and just enjoy the day. No use in feeling confused for my birthday, anyways.

~

I was greeted at school by SeungHyun, who was waiting for me at the main entrance. As soon as he saw me, he came running towards me and gave me a quick, but comforting hug. 

"Happy birthday!" He grinned at me, his hands still on my shoulders. "Do you feel a year older yet?"

I was silent for a second. My thoughts threateningly wandered towards yesterday, but then I remembered what I'd told myself earlier, and I smiled back at him. "Naw, I still feel young."

He laughed. "C'mon, let's go!" He lightly grasped my hand, and headed inside. My heart raced a bit as I felt his warm hand in mine, and I smiled. Today was going to be a good day.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

I've been so busy these days D; You know, it's the end of the school year and all your teachers cram finals in your faces :( But I'll update in my free time! :DDD

Once again, thank you guys for your comments! I really really appreciate them ;>