Chapter 24

Our Times Together

The next week was fantastic.

SeungHyun and I would spend the time after school with each other, heading to small cafes to eat or walking around town, hand in hand. Even though we hadn't kissed since that time on the beach, I still felt really happy with him. He would talk to me about his dreams and his ambitions. 

Apparently, he wanted to be a K-pop idol.

When he told me, I stared at him, wide-eyed.

"What? A K-pop star?" I looked at him puzzled. We walked down the sidewalk, hanging out in a small shopping district.

He glanced at me, noticing my confused expression. "What? You don't think I can do it?"

"Well, no...I just thought you wanted to do something related to academics, like a teacher or something..."

"Yea, I do like to study...Actually, being a teacher had crossed by my mind before, but...being a K-pop idol would be so cool." He looked at me with bright eyes. "Being loved by thousands of fans, dancing and singing on stage, it just seems so fun, you know?"

I nodded. I knew what he meant. I also had a small dream of making it big in the music industry, but I never really thought of how to make that dream work.

"Can you dance?" I asked him. Come to think of it, I never saw SeungHyun sing or dance or do anything music-related. "Do you even play any instruments?"

"Well, I know how to play the drums and the piano...and I can sort of dance. I just look at those tutorials on Youtube," he grinned.

"Drums and piano? Really?" I gasped. I never knew.

He laughed. "Yea, but I haven't played for awhile."

"Can you show me one day?" I said, eager to see him play.

He smiled. "Sure."

~

Jae's last day at our school came by too fast.

Things had gotten better between us, and we were almost back to the way we talked before, like friends. But still, I knew he was still trying to get over it. It was hard for me to see him go through it, but I knew there was nothing I could do.

At the end of the day, our group gathered at his locker, watching him empty his items into his bag. We just stood there, silent but watching his every move.

He finally sighed. "C'mon guys, don't be like this. I'd rather have you guys talking than leaving me in silence. What's with the long faces?"

Ji Wan stepped up to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Jae, I'll say it for all of us. We'll miss you, dude."

And we all started groaning, pretending to cry. We honed in on him, gathering ourselves into a group hug.

"Jae, don't leave!"

"We'll miss you!"

He laughed as we stood there, all huddled around him. "I know, I know, I'll miss you guys a lot too...but I have to get moving. My ride's here."

One by one, he hugged each of us. When it came to me, I hesitated for a second, but hugged him anyways. We were still friends.

He closed his locker and looked at us.

"I'll visit in the future. But you guys gotta promise to visit me too, okay?"

"Ne!" We all chimed in unison.

With a final smile, he said, "See you guys!" and walked off, waving.

~

The next few weeks were okay.

Sure, I missed Jae. We all did. He was always joking around, teasing all of us and laughing. But, we moved on fine. Back to the way we were before Jae had transferred here.

One day, I was walking home with SeungHyun. I mean, Seungri. I'd gotten used to calling him by his nickname now. It always reminded me of my necklace, which I kept safe around my neck everyday.

So, as we walked down the sidewalk, hand in hand, our past conversation popped back in my mind.

"Seungri...do you have a piano at home?"

"Yea, an upright. Why?" He turned to me.

"Oh, just wondering. I want to hear you play," I grinned at him.

"Hmmm," He looked up, thinking. "Are you busy right now? Any plans for today?"

"Why?" I asked, perplexed.

"Why don't you come to my apartment and I can play for you?" He smiled.

"Really?"

He nodded.

"Okay!" I beamed. He smiled back, giving my hand a light squeeze. So, we both headed toward his place.

We were only a few blocks from his apartment when a girl who was on her phone accidentally bumped into Seungri, causing her to drop it.

Seungri stopped to bend down and pick the phone up. "Oh, I'm sorry. Here." He brushed it off and looked up to give it back to the girl.

But I wasn't paying attention to Seungri.

The girl who had just bumped into him stared at him with wide eyes, stock still. I'd expected her to freak out about her phone, but all she did was stand there. I started to think that it was because of Seungri's handsome looks, and was about to speak out when she screamed.

"SEUNGRI OPPA! OH MY GOD, IT IS YOU!" The girl squealed and hugged him tight.

After realizing that she was unwilling to let go, I gave a loud cough.

She let go of him and I finally had a chance to have a good look of her. She was my height, with long blackish-brown hair that fell gracefully off her shoulders. She had a sense of style you could say, wearing a summer dress with flip-flops. I could tell she had a bit of makeup on, but not so much that it overwhelmed you. Her expression seemed kind and bright, like someone that was hard to dislike. 

I bit my lip. She slightly resembled Sung Mi.

After all this time, I finally looked at Seungri. I saw a flash of recognition flicker across his face, and I winced inside.

"Oh! It's you." He simply said, giving her a small smile.

"Seung-ie, it's been so long!" She grabbed both of his hands and I couldn't help coughing again. I'd never heard anyone call SeungHyun 'Seung-ie' before.

"Umm...Seungri..." I glanced at him. "Mind introducing...?"

"Oh!" He turned towards me, grinning. "This is Yu Ri."

"She's my ex-girlfriend."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

Ehehehe, I'm finally free after doing my portfolio >D Now I can update more often! Stay tuned for more drama :D And again, thank you all for commenting and subscribing! ^^ Hope you guys are having a good summer so far :)