Chapter 2

Our Times Together

The next day, all I could think about was that boy. He was pretty handsome, and his warm smile just...made me feel all soft inside.

Over the next week, I found out that he was in most of my classes. I didn't know his name yet though. The first time I saw him in class after the bump-in, I realized that he was one of the smarter students that liked learning. I do too, but I don't like studying.

"Okay, so who can answer the question on this board?" my math teacher asked. "Ah, Seung Hyun! Come up here."

So that was his name. Seung Hyun.

The boy got up from his chair and, taking the chalk from our teacher, he finished the algebra question in less than a minute.

"Perfect! Thank you, Seung Hyun," said our teacher. As he took his seat again, I took note that his seat was beside me, in the row right next to mine.

Resting my head on my hand, I stared at his nearly flawless face, taking in his light, clear skin and the soft features. But what grabbed me the most was his eyes. His gaze was soft and kind, and his dark brown irises accented his black hair.

After about a minute, he noticed my eyes resting on him. With a grin, he gave me a small wave. Embarrassed, I returned his gesture and quickly looked away. 

Gosh, why am I such an idiot sometimes? You don't just randomly stare at someone's face until you creep them out. I slapped myself on my forehead.

After class, I cleaned up my books and spotted Seung Hyun in front of me, walking towards the door.

"Are you Seung Hyun?" 

He turned around, and realizing it was me, smiled.

"Yes. And you're Sung Hyun, right?"

"How did you know?"

He laughed. "Well, since we're in the same classes, it's only natural, right? And since our names are so similiar, it sort of stuck to me."

"Ohh..." I answered, slightly embarassed that I didn't remember his name before. 

We started walking out of the classroom and down the hallway.

"You're new here, right?" he asked me.

"Yea..."

"Do you like it here so far?"

"Yeah, it's pretty nice here. I like the new-ness of this place..."

"Have you made any friends yet?" he turned to me.

I stopped in my tracks. For a second I paused, and then shook my head and resumed walking.

"Oh...well..." he caught up to me. "Do you want to eat lunch with me? I can introduce you to some people."

I looked up at him. "Well..."

"C'mon, they're great guys!" he placed a hand on my back and steered me in the direction of the cafeteria. The sudden shock of physical contact kept me from refusing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's note:

I know the storyline's a bit dull so far, but I'll try and make it more interesting in the next chapter :]