Chapter 28

Our Times Together

I couldn't stay there any longer.

I got up and sprinted out of the lounge, not caring if SeungHyun or Yu Ri had spotted me or not. I ran and ran until I couldn't breathe anymore. Until I felt numb. I ended up collasping in a corner of a stairwell, my tears finally spilling out.

AISH, why did I avoid him today? If I was with him this wouldn't have happened! I banged my head against the wall continuously until the pain really got to me. I sat there and replayed the scene that had just unfolded.

No, they weren't kissing. But they were doing the second worst thing. Seungri was embracing Yu Ri. SHE was in HIS arms. Plus, I think I saw Yu Ri crying. Who know if she was faking it or not, but Seungri seemed to be buying it.

Yes, technically he wasn't cheating on me. But, it still hurt me deeply to see him holding his ex.

Okay, okay, maybe I'm being a bit rash. Maybe she was just having a bad day and he was just consoling her. Maybe she misses Japan, or where ever she came from. But what if she made up some stupid lie just to win him over?? GAH, this is really killing me.

I took deep breaths to try and calm myself down. C'mon Sung-ie, you've got class in less than ten minutes...uh-oh. Class. With Seungri. UGH. Today was just not my day.

So I stood there, weighing up my options:

1) I could skip class and avoid him. Wait no, I can't skip. We've got presentations to do.

Okay, 2) I could go to class and act like nothign happened. Aishh, but I can't do that! I wouldn't be able to focus during class. 

I messed up my hair in frustration. Well, I have to do something.

I staggered down the stairs and around the school until I arrived at my locker. I opened it and just stood there, staring at my backpack and books for what seemed like hours, unable to think.

It wasn't until the bell scared me that I managed to make my decision. I hastily grabbed my books and headed to class, willing myself to be strong.

~

Holding my breath, I stepped into the classroom. Phew. I let out a sigh of relief. Seungri wasn't there yet.

I scurried over to a seat near the back of the classroom, far away from my usual front seat with him.

I pulled my hood over my head again and lay my head down on the desk, facing away from the door. Closing my eyes, I waited for the teacher and the rest of my classmates to arrive.

I think I was on the edge of sleep when I suddenly felt someone's presence beside me. My heavy eyelids slowly opened and I sat up with a short "Ah!".

Seungri's face had been on the edge of my desk, silently watching me.

He grinned. "Hey."

I stared at him for a good whole ten seconds before I lay back down on my desk, facing the other direction now. He came over and squatted down again, tilting his head to the side. I ignored him and flipped my head to the other side. But Seungri's a persistent guy. He crossed over again, but once he settled down, I flipped again.

I kept this going for quite a while until Seungri finally shouted out "YAH!" He stood up and put his hands on his hips. "What's with you today?" He pouted, putting on his aegyo.

If I wasn't having such a bad day, I would've laughed at his cuteness. But instead I just glared at him and put my face directly down on the desk, not facing left or right.

"Hey! Really now, what's wrong?" He grabbed my shoulders and gently pulled me into a sitting position. He kneeled in front of me, one hand squeezing mine. But I didn't squeeze back. His eyes looked deeply into mine, searching for whatever was bothering me.

I looked at him dully. "Where's Yu Ri?" I quietly spat out.

He hesitated. Then his expression softened. "In the washroom. But she'll be back soon." He sighed and looked down. "Is that what's bothering you?" His concerned eyes looked up into mine, and now both of his hands clutched mine.

"SHE'S IN OUR CLASS?!" I exclaimed, leaning forwards on the edge of my chair. Thankfully the teacher hadn't arrived yet, but most of our classmates turned towards me. I looked away and whistled.

Once the classroom was full of chatter again, I turned back to Seungri. "She's in our class?" I hissed at him again.

And right on cue, Yu Ri entered, walking down the lane of desks towards us. All of the boys' heads turned. I rolled my eyes. Just great. I coudn't get away from her. I couldn't get Seungri away from her.

As she approached us, I noticed that her eyes were slightly swollen and red. So my earlier observation was correct.

She grabbed Seungri's arm and looked up at him with pleading eyes. "Ri, can you sit up front with me? I don't want to be lonely," and then she turned to me with the most innocent face and asked, "Sung Hyun, is that okay with you?"

It took all of my willpower not to get up and tackle her. And then Seungri turned to me. "Sorry, just for today? It's her first day anyways," he looked at me apologetically.

I gritted my teeth and gave a small nod, looking away from them.

"Thanks, Sung-ie!" Yu Ri chimed, and as she dragged my boyfriend away, I lay back down on my desk, groaning.

~

Once the teacher arrived, Yu Ri informed him that she was a new student. He told her to introduce herself to the class, and she stood at the front of the room. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, yeorobun! Che ireumeun Kim Yu Ri-imnida!" She flashed a killer smile and bowed.

A wave of whispers and murmurs within the students ensued. Hearing things like "look at those legs", "Seungri's caught a nice one" really angered me. It just shows how much guys judge girls on looks. But what really made me pissed was that they thought Seungri was dating Yu Ri. I had to remind myself that only our circle of friends and a few others knew that we were dating, even though we didn't tell people to keep it a secret. It wasn't spead around yet.

The rest of the class was torture for me. I found myself staring at the both of them for the majority of the time, watching Yu Ri quietly chatting to Seungri whenever she had the chance to. It drove me crazy.

The only time that I got to see Seungri alone after that was before last block, at our lockers.

We were both putting our books back into our lockers. Neither of us had said a word to each other in the hallway. But when Seungri closed his locker, he came over to mine.  

"Hey, I'm really sorry I couldn't meet you at the front this morning. And at lunch. Yu Ri made me wake up early just to tour her around the school."

I froze for a second, and then resumed taking my next block's books out. Oh. So he wasn't at the front this morning. And just when I regretted leaving him there. Well, one less thing to be sorry about. 

I still didn't meet his eyes. But when I closed my locker, he took ahold of my shoulders and turned me towards him. After looking at me for a moment, he hugged me. 

I was taken aback for a moment, remembering how comfortable it was to be in his arms. How safe I felt. But I told myself not to hug him back. Especially when I remembered that Yu Ri had been in his arms just earlier today.

"I promise I'll make it up to you. Do you wanna go out tomorrow?" He said softly in my ear. Oh, his voice always made me melt. 

I paused for a moment, then quietly said, "Not today...?"

"I can't. I have to discuss some things with Yu Ri after school," He let go of me but his hands remained on my shoulders. 

I broke at that moment. I didn't want Seungri to see me crying, but I accidentally let out a small sob, and a few tears fell from my eyes. 

"Sung Hyun..." he said softly. And then he hugged me again, but this time I was crying on his shoulder, his hand on the back of my head, comforting me.

"It's cause she's my ex, isn't it?" I felt his warm breath by my ear.

I didn't answer him.

He pulled me away from him and grabbed my shoulders again. "Listen," he gently lifted my chin so that I was looking up at him. "What Yu Ri and I had was nothing. It's over. I have no feelings for her whatsoever."

I sniffed. "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." He then grabbed ahold of both of my hands. "I promise that I'll never, ever hurt you." He wiped away my tears with his thumb.

You already did. But I still didn't know the whole story, so I guess I had no right to judge. So I just asked him, 

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

Hey guuuyyyyssss :) Was this chapter a bit too long? Sorry if it was, I was just trying to cram stuff into it xD. But please stay tuned, because Yu Ri's past and a whole bunch of other things will be revealed in the following chapters! Enjoy the update :)!