Chapter 37

Our Times Together

"Oh here, this headline seems interesting...'YG signs contract with Avex, new label YGEX'."

Seungri flipped the pages of the newspaper.

It was the next day, and I was lying with my head on his lap, listening to him read me interesting headlines.

"Eh, doesn't seem that interesting..." I pursed my lips, playing with my hair.

"Meh. I was just wondering...where do you think it'd be nice to work, YG, SM, or JYP?" He asked lightly.

I furrowed my brow. "Why? You planning to audition?"

He gave a small laugh. "Yea, perhaps. Just for fun."

"You should go for it! When are the auditions?"

"Depends on which one I choose to go for."

"Ahh," I nodded. 

He sighed, and I heard him place the newspaper down on my hospital bed. "Ah well! I'll think about that later." He placed his hand on my forehead, gently carressing me.

I smiled under his touch. "So..." I started.

"So...?"

"When...are you going to tell your parents?"

"Right now," He replied bluntly.

"What?!" I said, confused.

He laughed. "You don't want me to? Weren't you the one that told me to tell them as soon as possible?"

"Well-...yea...but...is now really the time?" 

 it's the north face, it's the north, north face ♫

Seungri pulled out his phone, and after a brief pause, laughed. "Well, we'll see now. It's my Mom."

 "Oh wow," I laughed.

"Yeoboseyo? Oh, mianhae, I'm at the hospital. Nono, I'm fine, I'm here to-...Mom, are you and Dad busy right now? ...Okay then, do you guys think you can come here? I've got something to tell you guys...no, I have to do it in person. Um, don't bring her. Nojust-...don't. Okay. D216. 2nd floor, D wing, room 16. Okay. See you." 

I blinked. "You...you were serious?"

He chuckled. "Well, we gotta do it eventually, right? Maybe if they see that you're injured, they'll be nicer."

Now that scared me. They sounded harsh.

I started to get nervous waiting for their arrival. I probably shouldn't be in this position, so I sat up with Seungri on the edge of my bed, ready to stand up and greet them politely. I grabbed Seungri's hand with both of mine, squeezing it really hard until he pulled away.

"Ouch!" He paused and then grabbed my hand again. "Loosen up," he said softly. "It'll be fine."

I nodded, and then gasped. "Wait but, this is the first meeting, and I'm...I'm BLIND! How am I going to- ugh this isn't- I won't see them when-" I stopped when Seungri abruptly grabbed my shoulders. 

"Sung-ie, relax. Breathe." Obeying him, I took deep breaths. "There. Better?"

I nodded again and stayed quiet. He let go of my shoulders and held my hand.

During the next few minutes, I sat there in silence, only accompanied by our breathing and the occasional squeeze from Seungri's hand. 

And then the door opened. With a sharp intake of breath, I swallowed and stood up with Seungri.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I bowed in their direction.

I heard the door close behind them, but then it was silent.

"Seungri, who's this?" I heard his mom ask.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I repeated and bowed again. "Park Sung Hyun-imnida."

"Ah, hello, Sung Hyun-sshi," They replied nonchalantly.

"Mom, Dad, sit." Seungri said. 

The screech of chairs being moved echoed in the small room. Once they settled down, Seungri directed me towards them so that we were sitting across from them on my bed.

"Seungri, what's this about?" His dad asked.

 

Seungri cleared his throat. "Mom, Dad, there's something I haven't told you guys about. But...I'm afraid you won't like it."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

-Gasp-, how do you think Seungri's parents are gonna respond? >:O Anyways haii, school's almost here and I'm sad :( Time to wake up early again, get stressed out, stay up late to do homework, and be exhausted again. Ugh. Oh well. Thanks for the comments! Glad to hear that the last chapter was okay ^^ So you guys, I'll update soon with the next chapter (I hope P:) so yea, until then, baaiiii~