Chapter 5

Our Times Together

The next day, I arrived to school, still thinking about what SeungHyun had did the other day. 

"I just didn't want you to get wet."

I sighed. Didn't he like Sung Mi? 

When I saw SeungHyun that day, I approached him and asked, "You didn't catch a cold last night, did you?"

"Nope. I'm perfectly fine," he said with a grin, and we walked to class together.

--------------------------

At lunch time, we sat at our usual table.

Ji Wan suddenly spoke up. "Hey, you guys wanna hang this weekend?"

"Sure, where do you wanna go?" said Ri Young inbetween bites of his spaghetti.

"Oh, just the mall or somewhere..." replied Ji Wan.

"I'm up for it," SeungHyun stated.

"Me too!" exclaimed Jung Hyo.

"And us," Ri Young gestured to himself, Sung Mi, and Wan Dong.

"What about you, Sung Hyun?" Ji Wan looked at me.

"C'mon, it'll be fun!" Seung Hyun looked at me with bright eyes.

I hesitated for a second. "Okay."

------------------------

That weekend we met at the local mall in the afternoon. For a while, we strolled around the mall, walking and talking about school and random things.

At one point, I was walking beside SeungHyun while the others were a step ahead of us. I looked at SeungHyun. He was watching Sung Mi. He stared at her with those soft eyes of his, with an expression of adoration on his face. After a minute, I asked him the question that I'd been dying to find the answer to.

"Do you like Sung Mi?"

He froze in his tracks. He didn't say anything for a second.

Slowly turning to me, he finally said, "What makes you think that I do?"

"It's kind of obvious."

He blushed and turned away. "Yea, I do..."

I dyed a little inside. Hearing it come from his mouth just broke me. "Why don't you tell her?" I mumbled.

"Because I know she likes someone else."

I stopped and stared at him. "She does?"

"Yea...but I don't know who, 'cause she never told us who. I just know that she likes someone else."

"Oh..." This was beginning to be a bit awkward.

"She's just so cute." He sighed. "I wish I never liked her though. Then I wouldn't be thinking about her all the time."

As we walked on, I continued to glance at his face. There was an air of sadness around him, and I couldn't help but feel sorry for his unreturned love. Part of me was a bit happy though. I still had a chance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's Note:

I would've written more for this chapter, but I'm in a rush atm so I had to finish it quickly S: Hope you enjoy it so far!