One Last Time

My Everything Is Yours

The wait was unnerving. I was in darkness when I woke up. It may have been after a few hours or just a few minutes but it was unwelcoming, no matter the length of time. I was gagged and tied; I could feel the cloth in my mouth and hands. I probably drifted in and out of consciousness in the matter of hours that I was waiting for my abductor to make himself known. At one point, I woke to see them dragging Jonghun out of the room. And I knew I was alone in the room from that moment on.

“Get up.” A deep voice woke me up from my sleep. My feet were free and I was lying down in a bed. I looked around, taking in the warehouse that I was in. I was no longer gagged, but my hands were still tied together.

“This is too cliché.” I said, managing to sound calm despite my thundering heart.

“What?” the man who woke me up said harshly.

I turned to see that he was unfamiliar. He was heavily built and I knew that I could not take him down. He was holding the end of the rope that tied my hands. “The warehouse. Kidnapping, warehouse. Too cliché.”

“Shut up.” He wasn’t the same person who told me the same thing earlier. His timber was different, but it was as cold. He pushed me into a smaller room, making me face who I figured was my real abductor.

I did not know him. But there was something oddly familiar about him. Something in his stance made me think that he as educated and holds, or might have held, a high office position. “How was your rest, princess?”

“Swell. So, what brings me here?” I tried to act indifferently while I took in the people that were in the room. There may be 10 or 15 in there, a few of them I remember as costumers and waiters at the cafe.

“Sit down,” the mastermind ordered. “You are going to make a call to your family. Repeat everything I tell you to and you won’t get hurt.”

“Alright. Can I at least know how my friends are doing?” A guy from behind him smirked noisily and I feared the worst.

“You’ll join them soon enough.” He said, ing a paper to me. “Memorize that and we’ll begin in 5 minutes.”

 

After I have called my brother, I was pushed inside a small room. Jonghun and WooHyun were tied to separate chairs. Jonghun slumped in an odd way and WooHyun was looking at me frantically. They left us alone after I was secured to the chair. They did not bother to gag me so I figured no matter how loud I shout, I don’t have a chance of being heard.

“Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Oh god. Do you know them?” WooHyun asked almost systematically.

“They didn’t hurt me. And no, I don’t know them. Is Jonghun alright?”

“I don’t know. After they recorded me and brought me here, he was already here.”

“Was he awake?”

“No. I don’t know. He didn’t speak.”

“Oh I see.” From the corner of my eye, I saw Jonghun stir. I was relieved to know he was alive. “So tell me, how do you know them?”

“I have no idea who they are! Oh man. I have no money. I can’t give them ransom money. My family will go poor trying to retrieve me.”

“Is this how it goes? You ask me to pay them for you, too?”

“What?”

“So, that means, they get double the amount from my family, right?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh stop with the innocent act. I know you’re a part of this.”

“What kind of nonsense is that?” He said almost shouting. I can hear the panic in his voice.

“When they pointed their guns back at the cafe, you weren’t scared.” I saw the question in his eyes. “You showed fear, but not real fear. You weren’t present during the first lessons in that class we share. One of the first ones was reading the person you’re talking to. Your reaction was too practiced and relaxed, as if you knew you weren’t in real danger.”

“What? What are you talking about? I was scared sh*t back there!”

“No, you weren’t. You planned this all along, didn’t you? Being in my class, sitting beside me, taking me to the coffee shop – all of it.”

“Those were just a coincidence!”

“You told me you wanted to talk to me because of your sister. I had you checked. Your sister died recently, didn’t she?” All that time being alone gave me the time to think. I didn’t know if any of my theories were true; I was just banking on the idea that he will give it up. I knew it wasn’t just gut feeling that he was in on this.

“You’re smarter than we thought.” WooHyun stood up from the chair, the ropes that were in his hands fell limply to the floor. “Sunggyu! She knows!”

“What?!” The mastermind went barreling in, fury evident in his face.

“Man. These walls are thinner than I thought. You heard me from the outside?” WooHyun said.

“No. But there was a commotion somewhere in the vicinity. I was already about to go in.” he said indifferently. “How’d she know?”

 

That was when we heard the gunshots. Both men in front of me turned towards the sound just as Jonghun leaped from his chair onto Sunggyu’s back. WooHyun was knocked to the floor by Jonghun’s kick while he snatched the gun from Sunggyu. Everything should have gone well if only WooHyun did not draw a gun of his own. Soon enough, WooHyun’s gun was pointed to my head and Jonghun was pointing a gun towards Sunggyu’s.

 

“Drop your gun or this man goes.” Jonghun said harshly.

“You see, I don’t really care about that man over there. But I do know that you care a lot for this lady over here, so no.” WooHyun was smiling evilly. It was as cold and frightening as a madman’s.

“WooHyun, stop this please. I can give you the money. No matter how much you want,” I tried to reason to him.

“It’s not really the money, darling. It’s-“

“Drop it.” Jonghun said, pointing the gun at WooHyun’s head. In a matter of milliseconds, he was able to knock Sunggyu to the ground, rendering him unconscious.

 

We were in that position, with Jonghun pointing the gun at WooHyun and WooHyun was pointing the gun at me when Donghae and Jay rushed to the small room. I could see the worry in both their faces, then the fury when they saw the situation in front of them. Jay’s gun pointed automatically to WooHyun.

“Drop it kid.” Jay snarled.

“Where’s Geun Suk?” WooHyun demanded.

“What do you need him for?” Donghae’s look was as deadly as the gun he was pointing at WooHyun.

“You know, you might as well drop your guns. My life means nothing to me. But I’m pretty sure Yoona’s life is precious to you guys. One shot at me and I can flex this finger, bringing her down with me.” WooHyun said calmly. “Now, where’s her brother?”

“What do you want?” Geun Suk entered the room. Behind him were Dong Wook and a few of our bodyguards.

“Oh there you are big brother. You remember me? Of course you don’t.” WooHyun said almost manically. “But you might remember my sister. IU. Yes. You remember her? The girl you deceived and left to die?!” His gun rammed repeatedly onto my temple. I saw Jay and Jonghun tense and Donghae step forward. “Don’t anybody come near or her head goes off.” He turned to my brother and snarled, “You told her she had potential. She banked on that. You told her you’ll make her famous if she wants. She fell for you. She loved you. And then what, a few days after, you move on to another girl?!”

My brother looked scared. He looked at me with panic in his eyes as the gun drilled my temple. I wanted to cry but my body must have been in shock. I couldn’t even let the tears fall. WooHyun was sounding more and more insane as the moments passed by and I feared for my life.

“Yes, I remember IU. She’s a sweet girl. I can still make her famous. Let me talk to her. Let-“ My brother pleaded.

“She’s dead.” Shock was evident in everybody’s face except for Jay and Jonghun who was looking at each other. I wanted them to reassure me that it will be alright but I knew they can’t risk moving drastically.

“She killed herself the day you put up that billboard of the bimbo you left her for. She killed herself because of you! And now...Now you’ll experience what it’s like to lose your-”

I didn’t hear the shot. What I felt was the weight of WooHyun’s body falling on me, making the chair lean to the side and fall. I felt something warm on my shoulder. Jonghun was on him in a matter of seconds, pulling him from me and kicking the gun away from him. Donghae, Geun Suk and Dong Wook ran to me immediately.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt?” Donghae asked me as he checked the blood on my blouse. “Oh thank god he did not get you.” Dong Wook was busy untying me from the chair. My brother was staring at me as if I had something contagious.

“My shoulder.” I managed to gasp.

“It’s his blood. Not yours, baby. Not yours. Shh. Don’t cry,” Donghae murmured. I didn’t even know the tears were already falling. I looked to WooHyun, which was being tied by Jonghun and Jay. Relief went through me as I realized he was not dead or was seriously hit.

“Oppa,” I said, reaching out for my brother. He reluctantly approached me and crouched down to take me into his arms.

“I’m sorry, oh god, baby girl. I’m so sorry. This is all because of me,” he murmured into my hair. And I felt his tears on my skin.

 

During the times that I was in darkness, I feared for my life. I know how Jay and Jonghun always tell me that for the kidnappers, it was always money first. They told me I could try to reason with them. I knew money was not a problem for us, and my life was so much more important. But during those times of darkness, I had that feeling that money was not everything. And I was right. That day, I almost died. If I did not find out that WooHyun was part of the kidnapping, I knew that with the ordeal we went through, he’d become a part of my life. And some time in the future, he would have still pushed through with his plans of killing me.

 

“IU was a girl I met in a club. She was pretty and talented but she was not model material. She was obsessed with becoming a model, though. And I told her I can make her famous, just not in modeling. She was a singer in that club and she was good.”

We were sitting in the car while waiting for the police to take my statement. I didn’t want to face them again the next day and insisted that they take my testimony now while I still remember everything in my head. I was sitting with my brother in the back while Donghae sat in front.

“I told her I’d meet her again and schedule a few auditions for her. But I didn’t see her ever again. Nor did she contact me. She must have seen me when I met with Yuri at the club.” He continued.

“How’d you know it was Yuri?” I asked hoarsely.

“I don’t. I just think it was Yuri since she was the only one we put up billboards of recently. I really didn’t know. I had no idea.”

“When was this?” Donghae asked.

“A few weeks before the merger went through, if I remember correctly.”

We saw Dong Wook approach the car. He sat in front and looked at the three of us. “Jonghun’s wounds are being treated by the ambulance. None of it was serious but Jay wanted to be sure.”

“He saved my life again, today.”

 “Yeah. I can feel Jay beaming with pride,” Dong Wook managed a smile.

“What really happened back there?”

It was Donghae that answered me. “I figured they were busy planning while WooHyun was talking about his sister. Jay fired at WooHyun’s shoulder the same time Jonghun jumped and struck his head. I guess it caught WooHyun by surprise making him drop the gun.”

“Wasn’t that too risky?” For the nth time that night, I silently thanked the gods that I was alive.

“It was. But the force of Jay’s bullet managed to push WooHyun’s aim away from your head. I guess that was all they needed just in case he manages to fire.”

I shivered at the thought of a bullet in my head. “How’s WooHyun?”

“He was rushed to the hospital. They interviewed that guy, Sunggyu. He was one of our managers before,” Dong Wook looked at Donghae before continuing. “He was laid off because of his drinking problem. He said he really was just after the money. I don’t buy it but he said that he didn’t want revenge from us but only targeted Yoona because of WooHyun. It seems that WooHyun convinced them that it was the best time to kidnap her because, and I quote, the kings are in their deathbed.”

“He must have wanted to direct all the blame to WooHyun,” my brother said quietly.

“I remember him now. He was the one who assisted me in picking furniture when I was designing Hae’s condo. I think I mentioned to my mom and Aunt Tae that he reeked of alcohol when he was talking to me,” I said quietly.

“Mom must have mentioned it to Dad and that may have been the reason he was let go. Anyway, no pity will come from us. They’ll get what they deserve and probably more.” Dong Wook said grimly.

 

That day, I would have died without getting to see my parents for the last time, without getting to be there when uncle wakes up. I would have died without even saying goodbye to my brothers who were just there, standing a few feet from me. I would have died without being able to end my fight with Donghae. I would have died not being able to say ‘I love you’ to my family one last time.

 


Oh man. Forgive me. I kept on interchanging ‘Jonghyun’ and ‘Jonghun’ during the last chapters. Just so you know, it’s still ‘Jonghun’ from F.T. Island – because Yoona’s bodyguard should be as good-looking. HAHA! I considered changing it to Jonghyun from CN Blue (because he's as good-looking) but nah. Decided against it.

I didn't want to drag the kidnapping any longer. I know a lot of you thinks there are too much complications but this is actually one of the things I have decided since I've started the story. Seriously. She's an heir of the richest family and she only has one bodyguard. Like, I would so kidnap that. Plus, this is a heads up. Children are not the only ones being kidnapped. As long as they think you can pay, they do kidnap adults. Revenge and all that psycho shiz, yea, that happens in the 21st century. Take care of yourselves.

I read the previous chapters and was appalled at them. The words, the grammar, it hurts me. I may still have a few mistakes but I think I’m better than before; well at least I hope I am. I’d be concentrating on editing them first so I might not be able to update for a while (excuses, excuses). But please do tell me if you have any other comments or questions. If ever I'm available, I'd be happy to answer them. Thank yowz.