The Unexpected

My Everything Is Yours

It had been a week since I got back and I was already bored. Everybody was busy with their own life. One I didn't have at the moment since I didn't have a job, all my friends were busy and I totally had nothing to do.

 

Donghae offered the couch in his office but after yesterday, I sort of decided sitting around listening to Hae talking all corporate was not how I imagined spending all my time.

I mean of course, the stolen kisses and touches were enough to keep me from walking out but it wasn't the best of my days.

 

By the next day, I tried my brother's office. But it was worse.

I figured I should have just went with my mother on her hospital rounds or with Aunt Tae and teach in her modeling agency. But then, I thought I could do better.

 

 

The next morning, I was all set to go around the city and practice my photography skills.

I was resting in a cafe and was busy looking at my shots when from the corner of my eyes, I saw a man in sunglasses sit across from me.

“Hey miss. I don’t see you around here much,” he said.

I lowered my camera down and looked up to give out my get-out glare when he took off his sunglasses.

“Sungyeol-ah!” I exclaimed. I stood up and hugged my high school best friend. He was one of the few guys that my brother actually permitted to come near me.

“Hey sweetheart,” he said hugging me back. “I didn’t actually believe you were back until I saw you.”

“Oh gosh. You’ve grown so tall!” I said. “When was the last time we saw each other?”

“And you’re still small,” he chuckled. “I think it was the high school graduation after ours. You know, when we went as guest of honors of the alumni association.”

“Oh yeah. I remember. When we drank that awful wine,” I laughed. “And please, I’m not small. You’re just super tall.”

“I know. It irritates Myungsoo to the bones,” he chuckled.

“Oh golly. Where is he? Is he coming?” I asked excitedly.

“He’ll be here any minute. That dude is always late,” he said while shaking his head.

“What are you doing here, by the way?”

“We own the place,” Sungyeol grinned. I looked at him with what I hope was a face full of shock and pride.

“You guys own the place?” I said happily. “My my, I’m proud of you guys! Does this mean I’m getting a bagel for free?”

 

When Myungsoo arrived, Sungyeol and I had already made up for the lost time. Stories overflowed even more when he joined in.

“So how come you’re L now?” I asked.

“It’s a lot cooler than Myungsoo,” he said shyly.

“Nah. You’ll always be Myungsoo to us,” Sungyeol chuckled.

L laughed before punching Sungyeol on the arm. “So what brings you to this part of the world?” he asked. “You’re not serious with quitting modelling are you?”

“Maybe I am,” I said quietly.

“Seriously?!” Sungyeol exclaimed, almost spitting out his drink. “But you’ve been modelling since forever. I mean, seriously?”

“Yeah well, my dad doesn’t want me to leave the country again. Well not until Jay’s well at least,” I said.

“How is he?” L asked.

“He’s doing good. He’s staying with his family for now. He’s still undergoing therapy,”

“Really? You’ve never been alone in the city before. I mean, Jay was always shadowing your every step,” L said.

“Nah. This guy behind me,” pointing back to Jonghyun who was sitting at the other table, “is in charge of my safety for now.”

“Still the princess, huh?” Sungyeol teased. “You want to come with us? We’re scouting for a location for our new branch.”

“Uh, yeah sure,” I said not bothering to look at my schedule since there wasn’t any in it anyway.

 

As we were surveying one of the prospect establishments, I came up to L and asked, “How’s Sungjong?”

 “Surprisingly, he hasn’t moved on from me yet,” L gave me the death glare while Sungyeol sniggered behind me.

I chuckled, “I heard you guys went to the same university.”

“They almost shared a room together,” Sungyeol whispered to me and our laughs resounded around the room.

Our conversation was cut short when my phone rang. I was about to ignore the call when I saw Donghae’s name on the screen.

“Hey baby,” I answered quickly.

“Babe, I miss you. Where are you?” he asked huskily.

“I’m somewhere in Seoul. You sound tired.”

“Yea. Hyung had been torturing me since this morning. Dinner tonight?”

“Alright.”

“I’ll pick you up at your place at 8.”

“Are we going somewhere fancy?” I cooed.

“Depends on what you want to eat,” he chuckled.

“Hmmm. No need to pick me up. I’ll meet you at the mall. Ba-bye,” I heard him chuckle at the other end before saying goodbye.

 

 

 “How are you and Donghae?” L asked suddenly.

“Yea. I saw you guys in the news. Guess you’re back together huh,” Sungyeol added. I blushed and decided not to answer the question.

“How come your love life always makes it to national TV?” L asked, looking perplexed.

“Why? You want Sungjong and you to make it to news, too?” Sungyeol asked from afar causing us to guffaw.

“We’re good. Finally. I think,” I responded after a while. I mean, although we aren’t together most of the time, I feel that we’re finally good. No more doubts or questions. Contentment, that’s what I feel.

“Well, that’s good. Uhm, so you think he wouldn’t mind if, uhm, maybe we can, you know, borrow you for, say, a couple of months?” Sungyeol said, stuttering a bit as he walked towards us.

“Huh? Why?”

L looked at Sungyeol before turning to me. “Well you see, we know you’ve been a model all your life. And that you haven’t really practiced your profession yet-“

“My profession?”

“Yea. Well, you know. We know you’ve graduated as one of the top in your class, and. You know-“

Already seeing where this was going, I held in my smile, “Just go straight to the point, L.”

“Well, Sungyeol and I were wondering, if, you know-“ L stuttered.

“Can you design the new restaurant for us?” Sungyeol said suddenly, not allowing L to finish his sentence.

“I- I well, I’d be honored to do it,” I said, trying to sound skeptical. “But, are you sure you want me?”

“Why? What’s wrong with you?” Sungyeol asked.

“Well, like you said, I haven’t really practiced my profession.”

“Well now, isn’t this a great way to start?” L said, giving his best smile. “Please Yoong, you’re the only one we know who knows us enough to not walk away when we discuss things.”

“Uh, why? What did you do to your previous designer?”

“Designers. 8 of them to be exact. Well, they either just took the job because of the pay or because they wanted to sleep with L,” Sungyeol explained. “But when it comes to the job itself, they bolt whenever the two of us discusses specific things.”

“Well, I would have to check with my calendar-“

“Oh come on. You’ve got nothing better to do,” L said exasperated.

The look on their faces made me giggle, which made both of them grimace. I contemplated on playing them a little longer but decided against it.

“Of course. What better way to spend my boring days but to do it with you two?” I smiled.

 

 

Later that day, I was getting irritated with waiting for Donghae. I have been waiting for him in a coffee shop for almost half an hour. He was never late, not even when we were in high school. And it isn't like him to not text or call.

By 8:30, I was both angry and hungry. He wasn’t replying to any of my texts. I couldn’t call him since my phone was already low in battery life. By 8:45, I was more annoyed than angry. I was worried, but I was also very hungry. I borrowed Jonghyun’s to do what I should have done earlier this evening.

When I dialed his number, I was expecting apologies and excuses once he picked up the call, if ever he does.

 

 

But what I heard was the least of my expectations.

 

“Good evening. Who’s speaking please?”

 

Heck, it isn’t even in my list.

 

“Excuse me? May I know who’s speaking please?” the female voice from the other line repeated against my ear.

 


Well, here it is. Sorry. Although my exam did get moved, my internet connection's gone pshoo. I apologize for the lack of...thrill. Haha. I'll make up for it, I swear. I just really don't know how to proceed from here. :))) Anyways, thanks for reading! :D