Coffee

My Everything Is Yours

I sat there dumbfounded as Donghae and Eunhyuk talked about business. Hae’s hand was firmly grasping mine as they talked about the employees, the merger and whatnot.

 

“Hyukie, here’s the girl I’ve been talking to you about,” Hae said beside me.

“The reason you suddenly went to New York?” Eunhyuk chuckled as we sat down at the table.

“Yeah. But weren’t you unfair? Sneaking behind my back and going there before me?” Hae smirked, tugging at my hand to sit.

“There was somebody I needed to meet beforehand,” Eunhyuk said, stealing a glance from me.

“Was it that girl? The one you liked?” Hae teased. He turned to me and said, “Did you know that on the day I went to New York, he pushed me away, saying he had to meet her soon and I mustn’t see her. He actually managed to keep her a secret from me for the whole time that he was there.”

“I-Is that so?” I said quietly.

“You must’ve really liked her, huh?” Hae said seriously.

“I think I really do,” Eunhyuk said, not even bothering to hide that he was looking at me.

My heart pounded, not because of the indirect confession. But because of the way Hae’s hands were squeezing mine tightly. I had a feeling that he knew that it was me that Eunhyuk was referring to.

“I got dumped though,” Eunhyuk said suddenly. “I gave her all my time and attention, but in one night, I lost everything I’ve worked hard for. The ex came and swept her off her feet again.”

 

“How do you know Eunhyuk?” I asked as we drove to LE.

“He was a friend I met in one of my trips,” Hae said distractedly.

Should I tell him? I thought. Will he get angry?

“I met him in New York,” I blurted out. Hae remained silent as I continued, “We were supposed to be together at the New Year party.”

After a while, I could not take Hae’s silence anymore. “Hae, please say something.”

“I already knew that you met him in New York. I saw you two eating,” he said after a while. “Thanks for telling me,” he said turning to look at me with a smile.

“I don’t think I’m the girl he’s talking about though,” I said nervously, gauging his reaction. “I mean, we met by accident at the restaurant.”

“Is that so?” he asked. The rest of the ride was spent in silence after that.

 

“Hae, would you please talk to me? You’re not answering my calls,” I mumbled on the phone.

I was at Sungyeol and L’s place, designing their new restaurant. We were having a break since L and Sungyeol just couldn’t decide on whether they want a garden or not. I couldn’t design without the specifics so I let them go at it.

After Hae dropped me off at Sungyeol’s, he had not contacted me since. That was this morning; it was already nearing five in the afternoon.

I sighed as I ended the call.

“Is everything alright?” L asked as he sat down beside me.

“Yea. Sort of. I don’t know,” I slumped on the table.

“If you need to be somewhere, we can always postpone this to another time,”

“What? No. I’m alright? So where’s Sungyeol? Have you two decided yet?”

“No. But I think I’m winning,” he smirked. L was the one who wanted to have a garden.

I chuckled at my friends’ childishness. “You guys are still something, I’m hungry. Aren’t you?”

“Come on. Let’s go to the cafe. Sungyeol, you coming?” he called after Sungyeol who was talking to somebody on the phone. He motioned for us to go and we proceeded to L’s car with Jonghyun following closely behind.

 

“What would you want?” L asked as he went behind the counter, giving me one of his cute smiles. I have in the car prodding him to make a special coffee for me.

“The most special coffee you can make,” I beamed back.

“I forgot you were such a coffee lover,” I jumped as a familiar voice sounded behind me. I turned to see Eunhyuk smiling behind me.

 

“So...what brings you to Korea?” I asked, trying to make small talk. L had gotten busy behind the counter due to the number of customers coming in. Eunhyuk offered a seat in his table and I couldn’t very well refuse.

I had no idea why I suddenly felt uncomfortable around him. We hit it off perfectly fine in New York. And yes, he did kissed me. But it was just a peck in the cheek. Not even on the lips. And yet, I was suddenly fidgeting around him. Was it because of what he said earlier? Was it because of that indirect confession, which I still had no idea if it was really me? But no matter what the reason was, I still couldn’t shake off the weird feeling in my stomach and the quickening of my pulse as he looked at me from across the table.

“I had a few businesses to take care of,” he shrugged nonchalantly. “What about you? Weren’t you on a tour?”

“Yea. I finished my contract early,” I said simply.

“Look Yoona, I really don’t want us to continue like this. I thought we were already friends,” Eunhyuk suddenly blurted out.

“Continue like what?”

“Oh come on. I’m sure I’m not the only one feeling the awkwardness,” he said.

I bowed my head, not knowing how to answer. “I- I don’t even know why I feel awkward,” I said after a while.

“I’m sure Donghae had already told on me,” he answered, rubbing the bridge of his nose nervously.

“Wh-“

“I’m sorry, okay? I did not mean to lie to you like that,”

“Lie to me?” I asked confused.

“Uhm, Hae didn’t tell on me?” he said reluctantly.

“About what?” I asked, even more confused. “I seriously don’t understand.”

“Well, uhm. How should I put this?” he said, biting his lip. I could tell him struggling over something. “You see, I wasn’t really completely honest with you.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, uhm. Well, Yoona, I kind of- well I kind of have known who you were even before we met in New York.”

 

 


Hey ya'll. Yea. I know. Boring chapter and all. I'm really sorry. I've been having blocks lately due to this new idea forming in my head. I really can't shake it off so I think I'd be writing another side story (again) before I can continue with MEIY. Yes. You all have persmission to kill me. But I do have 2 chapters of MEIY ready so I'd be posting those soon. And the new chapter of Backstage Pass is underway (YAY!) though I'm having trouble piecing up YoonHae moments since the setting was stuck to about a year ago so I don't think I'll be able to post that soon. But I'm working on it. :)

 

Thank you all for your support! Please do vote and comment for any of my stories. I really do love reading all your comments. Do tell me what you think about the story line. So I know what to improve on. :D Thank you!