Flowers

My Everything Is Yours

 

The orphanage fashion show was a success. After the fashion show was the auction itself. We were so surprised when we found out most of the clothes were bought at a very high price. Some took the clothes while a few, even though they bought it, chose to give it to the orphans modelling it. Politicians, models, actors, businessmen-everybody within mine and my family’s connection were there and more. We had a full house despite the holidays.

 

As we were giving the children their gifts-sets of clothes from Yuri’s line-a knock was heard on the door.

“Delivery for Ms. Im!” a man announced.

I opened the door and was greeted by a bouquet of flowers. I gasp in awe. The delivery man was holding a dozen of different flowers-a collection of my favorites, all arranged beautifully. I turned to thank the delivery man, only to find him gone, and went back to the children. All the children were in awe at how beautiful the flowers were. Even I was speechless.

I had been staring at it for a while when Yuri tapped me in the back.

“Do you know who’s it from?” I turned to her and handed her the card.

To the beautiful angel who made the children smile;

This may not match the happiness you’ve given them but I do hope it brings out that wonderful smile of yours. Merry Christmas.

“It isn’t signed. Do you know who sent these?” Yuri said.

“I don’t think it matters Miss Yuri. As long as Miss Yoona is happy,” Nicole said with a smile.

“We haven’t seen her smile like that in a while,” I heard Gain tell Suzy.

It’s true. I haven’t felt this happy for a while. I know it was just a bunch of flowers, but whoever sent this knew exactly what flowers I want. I pondered for a while if there was an interview who asked me about my favorite flowers but decided to give up. I succumb to the fragrant smell before turning to them with a smile.

 

It wasn’t only until we were leaving the orphanage did I begin to think about the sender.

“I wonder if we can find out who sent it through the agency that delivered it,” I said out of the blue.

“Maybe. If we knew what delivery agency it was,” Suzy said.

“Hmmm. But there wasn’t any truck, or there may be but the street was so packed he could have parked elsewhere,” Nicole said with a frown.

“What did the delivery man wear?” Suzy asked me.

“I really don’t know. He was just wearing civilian clothes and a cap,” I said. “He walked away as soon as I got the flowers from him. Must be in a hurry.”

“Hmmm. It would be hard to trace it from there,” Suzy said.

I sighed. I wanted to thank whoever sent it for giving me something really wonderful. I was still holding the flowers in my lap when I noticed another piece of paper stuck on the wrapping paper. I took it out.

If you have time, come by the bar across your hotel.

I hid it before anybody could see it. If Yuri knows about this, she’ll go gaga and come with me to the bar. For some unknown reason, I didn’t want to share my meeting with this person with anybody else.

 

As soon as we got to the hotel room, I showered quickly and dressed casually. I didn’t want to overdress. Have to play it cool Yoona. I say to myself.

Everybody was so tired I didn’t have trouble going out alone. I requested Jay to accompany me alone. I don’t need two bodyguards to scare off the person.

As soon as I entered the bar, I scanned the people for a familiar face. Everybody turned to me but only one approached. He wasn’t a familiar face and for an instant, I regretted telling Jay to put a little distance between us and him.

As he approached, I take in his image. He was dressed casually, a simple shirt and Jeans. I mentally approved my Jeans, top and coat. He was Korean, I can tell with his face. His facial features were sharp but his smile was warm.

He stopped in front of me and said, “Hi.”

I replied, “Hello.”

I was contemplating whether to use English or Korean when he said in Korean, “You do look like an angel from up close.” He smiled and I noticed how all his teeth were showing.

I smiled back at him and said, “Thank you. Are you the mystery flower guy?”

He chuckled and asked me if I wanted a drink. He led me to the bar and ordered a drink for the two of us. In the corner of my eye, I can see Jay by the wall, looking intently at us.

As I sipped my drink, I said slowly, “Thank you for the flowers. They were really beautiful.” He only smiled at me. “How’d you know?” I asked.

”How’d I know what?”

“What flowers I like.”

He merely shrugged and winked at me. We both laughed and I said after a while, “You’re can’t be mystery flower guy.” I smiled at him while he shrugged again.

“Why can’t I be?”

“I just have a feeling that you aren’t the one,” I chuckled. He smirked and we both laugh.

“Well, nobody approached you except for me.”

“He must have stood me up.”

“Too bad for him, lucky for me.” And we both laugh.

He turned to me and extended his hand, “Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae. My friends call me Eunhyuk” He smiled his gummy smile.

Strangely, I don’t feel scared at the stranger in front of me. There’s something in him that tells me he’s going to be a part of my life soon. I took his hand and answered with a smile, “Yoona. Im Yoona.”

 

 


Hey guys. I lost 3 votes. :/ Do you guys dislike my fic? :( *self-pity mode*

Oh well. I hope I can still regain your votes. Oh, and please don't double-vote. If you've voted for it the first time (You're the best!) that's enough for me. Hihi. I think only one vote per reader counts. So if you've actually clicked the vote button twice, you actually unvote it.

But then again, maybe you really just didn't like the plot. Sorry. I'll try to write better.

Oh and please do check out my other fic/collection: Just A Glimpse. It's probably going to be a collection of short stories about what goes on behind very idol performance or something. Please do support it. Thank you!

Vote and comment below. :D