Sponsors

My Everything Is Yours

 

It was a few days before Christmas day. My family couldn’t come to me due to their busy schedules and so, it was my first time to celebrate Christmas without them. At that time, I was so homesick, lonely and just plain sad. I think I was even on the verge of depression. I haven’t seen my family in almost a year and I have been away from home for 1 year and almost 10 months.

Wanting to spend the holidays differently, I arranged for a fashion show in an orphanage. We were in New York and one of our last two fashion shows will be held in a few days. With the preparations and the New York fashion show, I became super busy. My social life suddenly halted because of my nearly 24-hour schedules. I was having pictorials here and there while at the same time looking for sponsors for my little fashion show. Having gotten enough sponsors-half of which are mostly my mom and Aunt Taeyeon’s clothing lines-I got even busier preparing for the event itself.

 

During one of those busy days, my father called me in the middle of a photo shoot. Since my father rarely called me through his own phone, I thought it was an emergency or something.

“Im Yoona,” my father said the moment I answered the phone. I cringed; my dad only calls me by my full name when I’m in trouble.

“Oh. Appa,”

“Are you mad at your mom and me?” he asks seriously.

“Aniyo. Why would you say that?” I panicked.

“Your mom has been crying for hours saying you haven’t called her for days! Your brother was so worried that he began talking to me about cancelling the events. If I hadn’t called Jay, I would have flown to you myself just to see how you’re doing!” his voice raising a little bit, but I knew that he was already mad.

“I’m so sorry Dad. I was just so busy with all the preparations and all,” I tried to explain but knew explaining was fruitless. My only hope was that mom would take the phone from him which at that point, I doubt will ever happen.

“You were so busy you couldn’t even send a text saying, ‘hey mom hey dad. I’m fine. Talk to you later. Sorry. Super busy. Bye.’”

“Appa,” using my sweetest voice, “Mianhe. I’m super duper super sorry. Mianheyo Appa,”

“You wouldn’t let us be when you were looking for sponsors but afterwards, you vanished! You are coming home right away young lady!”

“I’m sorry Dad. I wouldn’t do it again. I promise to text you every single day!” I pleaded.

“Aish,” hearing all the anger from his voice. I felt so guilty I could cry. From the background I can hear my mom’s voice, “Is that my baby?! Give the phone to me.” And my dad answering, “I’m still talking to her.” Hearing her more closely now, I heard her super scary voice which anybody close to her knows you better do what she says or you’re dead, “Give the phone to me Im Siwon. That’s my daughter and I want to speak with her.”

I sighed with relief as I heard my mom’s voice on the other line, “Yoona!”

“Mommy!” I shouted happily, hearing her voice.

“Don’t you mommy me, young woman. Did your fingers got cut off and you couldn’t email your Dad and me?! Not even a single text!” I cringed as my mom scolded me over the phone. Although my Dad gets scary when he’s mad, nobody’s scarier than my mom when she is.

“I-“

Before I could even finish, she exclaims loudly, “Not even your brother heard from you! You suddenly disappeared on us! If Jay wasn’t updating us of your whereabouts, we’d think you suddenly died or something!”

“Mom. I’m so sorry,” I began to sob.

“Aigoo. Don’t you cry on me,” she says and I can hear the anger disappear from her voice.

“I promise not to do it again,” I cried not caring about the stares people were giving. Nicole rushed over with a box of tissues trying to preserve my make-up while Gain tried her best to get my hair out of my face.

I heard my dad say, “Yah Tiffany! Why’d you make her cry?!” And what I heard next was both my mom and dad’s voice trying to calm me down. After that, I tried my best to keep in touch with them, sending a few emails and texting them every now and then. I wouldn’t want them to fly a thousand miles just to scold me for not texting them.

 

The 3 days before the event, I was surprised to hear that another clothing line was interested in sponsoring the fashion show. Since the proceeds will go to 3 big orphanages in the state, a lot of people were interested in helping. But mostly, those that offered help days before the fashion show simply gave money as additional donations. But this particular sponsor wanted to provide more clothes for the children. And so, here I was hurrying as I walked to the coffee shop the sponsor wanted to meet me at. I asked the waiter and was shown to a corner table. And I saw, sitting with coffee in hand, was one of the people I miss dearly.


Hey guys. Sorry for this chapter. Definitely not one of my best. I've been busy busy busy. Oh well. Thanks for the continuous support! 

  <- at the Foreword page

See the arrow over there? That's the vote button. If you do like my fic, please do vote for my fic. :) It won't cause you anything, I swear. :D

Love love love you guys. :) Subscribe for new readers and comment below. :D