Darkness

My Everything Is Yours

 

“Donghae doesn’t deserve you. If you had picked me over him, none of this would have ever happened.”

 

I was startled at his words. I didn’t understand it at first. But when I did, I felt all the blood drain from my face. But before I could even escape, he already had his arms around me.

 

 

“So you’re going back to him, huh? You aren’t just taking a break. You’re going back to Korea to be with him aren’t you?” he hissed. I never told anybody I was going back to Korea except for Donghae.

He was holding my arms to my side, I was trapped. “How can you be so stupid? You think nobody would see you guys sneaking off away from the party last New Year, huh?”

 

 

 

I was so scared. I couldn’t scream. I couldn’t move. I know from afar we looked like a couple engaged in a very intimate conversation. I wished Jonghun would realize otherwise.

 

 

 

“I told you not to go back, Yoona. But no. You chose him. Over your career. Over everything else.”

 

 

 

“If you’re not staying here, then you’re not going back to him either,” and I felt the head of a gun run from my thighs going up.

 

 

Before I could even scream, he turned me around and pushed the barrel of the gun against my temple. Jonghun was already edging towards us, gun pointed at our direction.

“Kill me bodyguard. And I’ll take our princess with me.”

 

 

I saw Jonghun shift his gaze from me to Chansung. His eyes rolled quickly. My heart was ramming against my ribcage. Jay used to do that. Back when I was a kid and he taught me how to react when a kidnapper grabbed me.

 

“I’ll always be there Young Miss, don’t you worry,” Jay looked at the 8-year old girl in front of him. He can see the fear in her eyes when he told her about the bad people that wanted to take her away.

 

They had an encounter a few hours before. She ran away again and he was following her from behind. He was alarmed when a couple started talking to Yoona. She looked eager to come with them.

He ran to where they were; his gun already in his hands, Yoona was just about to hop off from the swing when he stood behind her, looking at the couple.

The young princess looked behind her and saw him. “Oh Jay! You’re here! Can you accompany us to the ice cream parlor at the next block?” she said hopping towards him.

“What ice cream parlor, Young Miss? And where?” he asked without taking his eyes off the two.

“They said that a new ice cream parlor opened up at the next block. They said you can get marshmallows and chocolate cookies on top! Just like at home, only better since you can get as much as you want!” she jumped up excitedly. She hugged his leg and asked playfully, “Can we go to that ice cream parlor please?”

He stole a glance at her and when he looked back at the couple, they were already running towards a vehicle. That was when he talked to Yoona about kidnapping and a lot of people going to offer her ice cream and toys. He instructed her to never go with them unless he was with her.

“Don’t let them touch you. Run as fast as you can towards me and I’ll handle everything. Alright?” she had nodded, only he didn’t know if she understood. “But when they do hold you, I want you to look straight at me. I’ll be there.”

“What will I do?”

“You have to look into my eyes. If I do this,” he rolled his eyes quickly, “I want you to try to crouch on the ground as quickly as you can, alright?”

“I will.”

“If I do this,” he rolled his eyes upward, “then I want you to jump, alright? I’ll count to three and you jump. If you want to let me know that you’re in trouble, I want you to close your eyes tightly when you look at me. That way I know that something is wrong.”

They practiced all the self-defense moves he can teach to an 8-year old and many times had they been able to practice it in reality.

 

Until now, those were the body language that Jay and I communicated with. When I got older, I was only able to practice it in bars and parties. I always imagined a scene like this-similar to the numerous kidnap attempts I had as a child-and I considered myself always prepared for it. I know that Jay will always be there. But he isn’t. And I was not prepared for any of this.

 

 

In my head, I wondered how I was going to crouch that quickly. Chansung had his big arms around my neck. I looked around and everybody was staring at us. Policemen were running with their guns already up high.

 

I relaxed my body against Chansung. I once saw in a magazine that in case of attacks, you have to relax your body against the attacker. Seeing as you’re relaxed, he will relax with you, thinking that you wouldn’t resist him.

 

 

But Chansung did not relax in return. His firm body remained tensed behind me. I closed my eyes tightly and looked at Jonghun. I have a problem. He got my message.

 

He looked at me and rolled his eyes upwards. Behind him, policemen were shouting for Chansung to put the gun down. He was shouting at them, his voice so loud in my ear. But I did not understand a thing of what he was saying. All I was seeing, what my brain can only function at this time is the silent exchange Jonghun and I was having.

 

 

I knew that I can fully lift myself off from the ground. But I have no idea if I can do it for long. But when I saw Jonghun nodding his head at me, I mentally counted with him.

 

 

1...2...3..

 

 

Everything seemed to be in slow motion for the second time that night. With all my force, I held on to Chansung’s arm and jumped. I managed to lift my feet off the ground before I heard the sound of gun shots.

 

 

I have no idea what happened next. All I could remember was another gun shot near me and our bodies falling to the ground. Chansung’s arm let go of me and I managed to roll away from him.

 

 

If everything was in slow motion before, I felt that somebody pushed the speed up button in the remote and put it to 200%.

 

 

There were so many voices. Too many people shouting. Then I saw Jonghun come to my field of vision. I can hear him saying something but I just can’t seem to have an idea what it was. I gave him a faint smile and his smile of relief was the last one that came to my vision before the darkness swallowed me in.


Hey guys! I'm going back home...again. So I guess I won't be updating in AFF in a few days or a week. But maybe just a few days. Haha. Do you guys have wattpad accounts? I have no idea what I'm doing there. I'm working on a story there that I based from Yoona, Donghae, Nichkhun and Victoria. Please follow me http://www.wattpad.com/user/theblackdiary

Then message me if you know me from AFF. I'll tell you who from the characters YoonHae is. Gosh. Hihi. :)) Please guys. I need your support. Just this one. Please. :D If I get like more than 5 followers and like, a few reads on my story Who To Be, I'll update here in AFF immediately. I swear. :D Thank you guys! I love you oh so much. ;)