Always There

My Everything Is Yours

 

Two days after the fashion show, Yuri flew back to Korea, Nicole, Gain and Suzy were granted their holiday break and I was left with nothing to do. For a few days, I went around the city to have some alone time.

 

It was two days before New Year and New York was busier than normal. I was on my way to a restaurant when I saw Eunhyuk at a cafe. After our drink at the bar, we’ve had dinner once and lunch thrice that week. It turned out that he was staying at our hotel and was staying in New York for the holidays. During the short time we’ve spent together, I found out that he himself came from the orphanage that I helped. He was sent to a foster family when he was 10. The family that he lived with died in a fire when he was 16. They left him enough money to pursue his studies. He worked while he studied and after graduation, he built his own business. Now, at the age of 24, he’s one of the top suppliers of construction materials locally.

 

He was sitting facing the windows, talking to another guy. I saw him before he saw me. I was about to enter the cafe when I took notice of the guy with him.

I was taken back. He was facing away from me and so all I could see was his back. There was a familiar feeling creeping up on me and I stopped on my tracks. I know that back from anywhere. And the sudden stop my heart did could not deny the suspicion and nervousness that I felt.

It’s him.

I was rooted to my spot, not knowing what to do next. I didn’t know if the person sitting across Eunhyuk was really him. But I felt him. It was as if my heart leaped out of my chest and ran to him-or rather, it felt as if my heart peaked out from his pocket and said hi to me.

I was woken from my shocked state when somebody bumped into me and I bumped my side into the wall. The person who bumped me apologized and I apologized back. I momentarily slapped myself awake and when I turned back to him, I was surprised to see Eunhyuk standing in front of me.

“Are you okay?” he said with concern etched on his face.

“Uh, yeah.” I looked around him and saw that the table he was in was now empty.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, pulling me to the table.

“I- I saw you from outside,” I stuttered. “Weren’t you with somebody a while ago?” I asked him while scanning around.

“Aniyo. I was just drinking my coffee alone,” he said with one eyebrow raised. “Why?”

“No. You were with somebody. I’m sure of it,” I said more firmly.

“I’m telling you I wasn’t. Really,” he said with one hand raised. “I swear upon Sister Min.” Sister Min is the nun at the orphanage.

“I’m sure I saw him,” I muttered.

“Did you get flowers again?” he asked.

“Uh yeah. Got one again this morning,” I muttered. Ever since the fashion show, I had been receiving flowers daily. The note was always anonymous and every time I ask Eunhyuk, he just shrugs. The flowers were always arranged beautifully. This morning, my favorite chocolate accompanied it with a card saying Sugar for your trip. Stay the sweetest.

I was about to ask him about the chocolates when he suddenly said, “Have you eaten?”

“I was just about to when I saw you.”

“Figures. Let’s go eat. You’re hallucinating already,” he said standing up.

 

That night, I laid in bed thinking about that afternoon. I was so sure that it was him. I stood up and walked to the receiving room of the suite. Jay was there watching the television quietly.

“Jay, at the cafe this afternoon, h-have you seen anybody sitting with Eunhyuk?” I asked.

He looked up from the television and faced me, “He was alone when you went inside the cafe.”

“I mean before that, when we were just approaching the cafe.”

“I haven’t noticed.”

“Okay. Where’s Jonghun?”

“He’s at the room. Do you want me to call for him?”

“Uh, no. I wouldn’t want to disturb his rest. Thank you Jay. You better rest,” I smiled at him before turning back to my room. He nodded at me and faced the television once more.

 

The next morning, I went out to see Jonghun by the receiving room.

“Jonghun, yesterday, at the cafe, did you see anybody with Eunhyuk?” I started.

“I didn’t notice Young Miss. Sir Jay asked me to scan the surroundings and I only saw him when he was walking towards you,” he explained. “Is there something wrong, Young Miss?”

“No. Nothing. Have you guys eaten?”

“We’ve eaten already Young Miss. Your breakfast is by the table.”

“Where’s Jay?”

“He’s on the phone at the other room, Young Miss.”

“Oh okay,” I said. “We’re going out to buy you guys some clothes for tonight,” I told him.

“I don’t think that would be necessary Young Miss,” Jonghun said with a frown.

“Nonsense. It’s New Year. It’s necessary,” I told him with a smile. “And besides-“

Jay entered the room and I ran to hug him, “Happy Birthday Jay!”

He laughed before hugging me back, “Thank you sweety.”

“Wait here,” I ran back to my room and took the small wrapped box and ran back to the receiving area.

I handed Jay the box and gave him a kiss in the cheek, “For you.”

He smiled and said, “Thank you Yoona. You shouldn’t have bothered.”

I smiled at him and walked towards the table.

I chuckled as I heard Jonghun gasp. It was the latest Rolex watch. It wasn’t even out in the market. And only a few people had it by that time. Jay chuckled and said my name lovingly. “I hope you like it,” I called out before sitting down to eat.

 

Jay had been my bodyguard since I was a young child. He and his brother Jinwoon were hired by my father when they found out my mom was pregnant with Geun Suk. Both of them were once bodyguards of my brother. But when I was born, my father tasked Jay to protect me. Jay had always been there for me. Following me whenever I ran away from home-yes, when I was a kid, I ran away almost every time I didn’t get what I want-he knows just about everything I did since I was a child.

Once when I was 6, I snuck out of our house to buy ice cream. My mom didn’t want to give me ice cream because I had tonsillitis at that time. I snuck out of the gates when they drove my brother to Dong Wook’s house. I ran and ran till I didn’t see our house anymore. I went to the nearest shop and bought my ice cream.

I was so happy with the freedom I had acquired. I was almost always inside the house, playing alone. I was outside and alone for the first time. I asked the ice cream lady where the park was. When I reached there, I was so excited with all the kids I that was present. After that, whenever my mom would scold me, I’d run away and stay at the park.

One time, I ran away when it was late afternoon. I don’t remember the rest of the day but what I do remember was crying on my way back home. For a young child, I felt as if I’d been walking forever. I didn’t know the way back. All I could see were unfamiliar houses and streets. It was slowly getting dark and I didn’t know what to do. When the street lights went on, I knew it would be dark soon and I was already imagining the worst. When I remembered the movies I had watched, I cried aloud. I didn’t want to sleep on the streets and not go back to my family. I didn’t want to live with another family who would use me as their maid. I was so scared that I slumped by one of the street posts and cried.

I felt somebody in front of me and I looked up to see Jay kneeling in front of me, wearing a smile. I cried more because of relief and I stood up to hug him.

“Shall we go home now, Young Miss?” he asked while he calmed me down. I nodded while still crying on his shoulders.

He carried me home while I cried for the longest time. It turns out that I turned at the wrong corner and ended up at the street beside ours. On the way back, Jay was telling me how I shouldn’t ever run away again. I could do nothing but nod and sob.

When I got back home, I was hiding behind Jay, scared that my mom would scold me for running away. But she just smiled at Jay and told me to go wash up since dinner’s ready. Years later, I found out that Jay purposely let me out and made me go around in circles trying to find my way back.

“At least you didn’t run away again,” he said. And true, I didn’t.

I figured Jay had to leave his family just to protect me. So I treat him like family. And he does the same thing to me. I knew that Jay would always be there for me. And he was and he still is.

 

 


I just love Jay Park. Don't you? You don't? Awww. :/

tumblr_miqenql8f81rxqbvuo1_500.jpg

Since he's been Yoona's bodyguard here since she was a child, so he's like..what? 40 years old? I bet he still looks hot and that abs of him is still so delicious. Don't you think? You don't? Awww. :/

 

On the other hand, Eunhyuk and Yoona! Oh they're such a fun couple. Gummy smile and alligator laugh. <3 I miss YoonHae. :( Damn you author. Give me my YoonHae. Oh wait. I'm the author. Eternal damnation.