Fear

My Everything Is Yours

I didn’t notice whose arms took me away from the scene. I didn’t notice the person who must have been whispering calming words. I didn’t notice the tears falling from my eyes. I don’t think I even noticed leaving the floor.

When I came to my senses, I was in back in the hospital room where I had slept. It took me a long time to register Jay’s face where he stood beside my bed.

“You really should sleep,” his voice was calm, contrary to what I was feeling inside.

“Wasn’t I sleeping?” I croaked.

“You’ve been staring into space for five minutes now,”

“D-Dad,” I tried to get up but Jay immediately pinned me down. “I have to go to him. I- I have to be there- I have to- Losing- They said something about losing him-“

“Shh. Honey. He’s alright. Calm down,”

“He’s alright? Are- Are you sure? That he’s alright. Are you-”

His arms came around me as he caressed my hair, “Yes, darling girl, he’s alright.”

And I cried. For probably a full 10 minutes, I wept on Jay’s chest. I had never felt so afraid in my whole life. My fear was more than my fear when I was almost kidnapped or when I got lost as a child. More than when Jay was shot. It was as if somebody was trying to rip my heart out from my chest and crush it while it was still inside.

Donghae came in the room and I scrambled to him. “My dad- What-“ I stopped when he suddenly wrapped his arms around me. He was shaking. I can hear his silent sobs as he gripped me tightly. “What happened?”

But he didn’t answer. And it was worse than hearing the news. His silence was something I didn’t need. And yet, I don’t know what was worse; him saying the news, or him not having the heart to say it.

 


I am so sorry. I have been living under a rock for the past couple of days. I promise to upload the next chapter in a few days. I just need to convince myself to haul myself out of this rock. Stephen King is a very very convincing rock-mate so the hauling is pretty hard. Do comment. I love reading your reactions. LOL (lots of love). ;)