Stubborn Brain

My Everything Is Yours

As a nurse, my mother was always familiar with the medical terms. I finished architecture and design. Those words were alien to me. But even with the little knowledge I had with medical terms, I understood what they were saying. Jay couldn’t come home. He is too unstable to be flown from New York to Korea. It was too much of a risk.

 

 

Dad wanted to. To take the risk. He said he’d provide every equipment Jay needed in the plane. Said to take it immediately from the hospital.

 

But I didn’t want to. No. I wouldn’t risk this. Not Jay. Not him.

 

 

And so they let me decide. Everyday, I patiently waited for him to wake up. The girls took turns attending to my needs. Jonghun never left our side.

 

 

Everyday I would talk to Jay as if he was awake. As if he was alive. Talked to him about my parents persuading me to fly him to Korea. Talked to him about my fight with Donghae when I told him not to stay here or else I am never going back to him. Talked to him about my reasons, that I didn’t want him to see me and get worried. Talked to him about my plans of stopping my career as a model. I talked to him everyday, wishing that he’d wake up for once and tell me to follow what makes my heart at peace.

 

 

Donghae arrived the day my parents flew back to Korea. My parents didn’t even know he was here. He came in the room and took me in his arms. That day, I cried and cried on his lap.

“Shh baby. It’s going to be alright,” he said as he cradled me in his arms. He was seething when he found out what had happened. He told me he already had a squad formed to investigate the matter. He also made sure that Chansung would pay for what he did, even though I kept begging him not to.

He had to go back to Korea the next day but he vowed to return as quickly as possible. I told him he didn’t have to worry because Jay wasn’t going anywhere.

 

 

The doctors told me that he was pretty much stable. They removed his ET tube a few days after the operation and he was already breathing on his own. His brain was just refusing to wake up. It had been more than a week since the incident. I thought that was too much for a brain to be so stubborn. But then, it’s Jay’s brain. So his brain probably wanted to be stubborn all he want if he’s at ease with it.

 

I told this to him the next morning. That his brain was being too stubborn. And that I wanted to just talk to him about remodeling his principles of being at ease because clearly his brain had too much peace and I wasn’t at ease with it.

 

 

And the moment I stomped my foot and turned around to find Suzy and ask for breakfast, I saw his blanket move. I hastily glanced around thinking there was a breeze, but there wasn’t any. Was I hallucinating?

“See Jay? Now you’re making my brain see stupid things as well. We are so not at ease,” I said nervously. Was I just making it up?

 

 

But I wasn’t making it up. The blanket by his foot twitched again. And I turned back to his face just in time to see Jay opening his eyes.

“Jay!” I croaked. I could not move. I did not know if it was safe to hug him.

“Y-“ he croaked. He coughed and I was scared that I’ll lose him again. I ran outside and called for the nurse. The health team came rushing in but I did not know what they were doing. I merely stood there, looking at Jay, praying that he wouldn’t go away again.


Hey lovely readers! Just an update before I get busy again. I should probably be studying right now, but I'm just too lazy. Teehee. :))

 

Have you seen Henry's Trap? He. Is. So. Freaking. ADORABLE! *squeals* :))

I'm going gaga over Infinite. Am I the only one? L, Sungyeol and Woohyun totally ruined my bias list and I have no objections. Hihi. :)) WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO FREAKING LOVABLE?! Oh gosh. I am so obsessed right now. :))

My Wattpad adventure isn't really going well. Although I have a few readers, nobody really has noticed me yet except for tomochans. I probably should bring it down but I hate to disappoint the few who've taken their time to read my lousy chapters. I'm already beginning to think that people don't like my stories. I have a few lovely readers (whom I love very much. please don't leave me.) who'd been supporting me since chapter 1. But I lost a few subscribers and I'm beginning to think that my writing's not that good anymore. Plus, nobody really votes for my stories in Wattpad except for tomochans and Vivien (I love you both so much). So maybe I'm just not a good writer. I have a feeling I'm sick in the head. There must be something wrong with my brain. Maybe I should have a CT scan done...

 

I'm talking a lot aren't I? Sorry. I'll leave you guys alone. :)) But please do vote and comment! I love reading your comments. Sorry I can't reply to them all. Been a bit busy. But please do know that I love you guys oh so much. Is heartthief here? I'd like to say I love you for that comment you left in Just A Glimpse. *hugs* I was having such a bad day. Thank you for turning it upside down! :D I'm such a big fan of public display of affection. :))))

 

Spoiler alert: I'm bringing in another OTP. Guess who. :D

 

Love you all!

 (She's still so pretty, isn't she?)